Eye Shadow Primer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Pixelated I've been noticing here and there that folks are using Chapstick as a primer/base. After a bit of searching, I finally found someone that said they used it on their lids rather than wetting eyeshadow. It's certainly a cheap experiment and I'm tempted, but I'm also a bit concerned because all of the lip balms I have seem to have at least some menthol in them.
Has anyone else given this a shot?

Really? I've never ever heard of anyone using ChapStick as an eyeshadow primer. That's interesting.
I love Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion!

I'm glad you like it, Eva. I love how it makes my eyeshadow colors stand out more too! It works really well w/ my MAC e/s and colors that don't show up very well.

UDPP for now... Spray the e/s brush with Fix+, and voila! Lasts longer, no creasing, and looks WAY more vibrant! I still need to look into a CCB and paint though.

I use Paula Dorf eyeshadow base. It works great. I tried MAC Bare Canvas and didn't like it. One of the MAC MA's told me about this and uses it herself!

I like to use L'oreal "On the Loose" powder as my "pigment stick" it works fantabulous, and it holds all day without fading.

I like UDPP the best, even better than the paint + CCB. Mine UDPP has lasted over one year, and it is one product vs. two. = less money, one less step. Seems a no brainer to me.
smile.gif

I just bought the Loreal Decrease for like $6.00 at Wal mart. I really like it and can tell a difference in wear.

MAC Paint in Bare Canvas. I just got MAC Paint in Stilife and I'll be trying that shade later today. UDPP is very good but I get a better result from the paint and I also like that the Paint has color to it as the UDPP applies almost sheer and I have slight discoloration on my lids.

Paint + CCB did not work for me as it creased since my eyelids are hooded and very oily.

Marilyn

I love them all lol

I use UDPP, Paints, CCBs and Shadesticks and can't say which I like most!

I noticed only 1 other person mentioned it,but I love Paula Dorf Primer too.You can find it at Sephora

icon_cheesygrin.gif
Try Lumene primer, it really does the job for a reasonable price and se on suomalaista!

Originally Posted by ankku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Try Lumene primer, it really does the job for a reasonable price and se on suomalaista! welcome to MuT!
smile.gif

i just bought my first eyeshadow primer the other day! : MAC paint in Stilife and CCB in Hush =) i tried it today and its great.. alot of girls use this combo~!

Latest posts

Back