Eye Shadow Primer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's your HG eye shadow primer? I need something to make the eye shadow last longer.

UltimaII Fade not Crease not..wears like iron(no creasing & I've got greazy lids)But if you wanna add some zip to your shadows try MAC Bare Canvas paint..It's flesh toneds and has a subtle pink opalescense to it..I love both

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) What's your HG eye shadow primer? I need something to make the eye shadow last longer.

My favorites are (in order from most faves): Mac paints in bare canvas and untitle Laura Mercier eye basics in Wheat Lancome colour dose (its ok, not really my HG) Before I put on my base, I also blot my eyelids with MAC's blot powder, or any powder would do so it soaks up the oil before i apply the base, then do my e/s. Seems like an extra step but i swear my eyeshadows NEVER crease on me, and i wear it for like 10 hours.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) What's your HG eye shadow primer? I need something to make the eye shadow last longer.

Elizabeth Arden Eye Fix is great because it keeps shadow from creasing, makes it last longer AND it is clear so it is great on ALL skin tones. If someone has a dark eyelid, they can put foudation on their eye and then the eye fix...or visa versa, which ever they prefer. Candace Corey makeup & hair artist

I love Gale Hayman lip and eye primer! You only need a tiny amount and it lasts for ages. It comes in a cool leopard print box. I have even done my long nails in the leopard print (fx nail art). Looks Really Sexy!

Ooh! Where can you buy Gale Hayman? I've never heard of the brand.

Mine without doubt is either MAC Bare Canvas (but use Untitled if you're pink toned) or Almay Amazing Lasting Concealer Both keep e/s on my lids for up to 12 hours (no lie!!)

Oh its fab.. I use it almost EVERY day. It really is worth buying if you've trouble with your e/s creasing, fading etc..

I've been noticing here and there that folks are using Chapstick as a primer/base. After a bit of searching, I finally found someone that said they used it on their lids rather than wetting eyeshadow. It's certainly a cheap experiment and I'm tempted, but I'm also a bit concerned because all of the lip balms I have seem to have at least some menthol in them.

Has anyone else given this a shot?

I've only used one eye shadow primer, but I love Ultima II FNCN
smile.gif

i don't have an hg primer, but i've used a brand call envogue,

something like that

Originally Posted by chocobon Urban decay primer potion Bought it three days ago. It keeps my Clinique cream e/s fresh for at least 8 hours. Fantastic results.

I know this is an old thread, but I just had to say: UD PP rocks! I tried it today and decided to give my Mac e/s (Shimmermoss) another chance, cuz it didn't show up very well on me before, and was hard to blend. But now... it's awesome!

Kinda sucks though, cuz now I'm interested in Mac e/s again
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back