Eye Shadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is your favorite eye shadow brand and why? What is your favorite color or colors.
icon_question.gif

Originally Posted by Hlmjmerk What is your favorite eye shadow brand and why? What is your favorite color or colors.
icon_question.gif
MAC is my favorite brand though I have many others.Also have to many favorites to list but my top 5 would be:paradisco,Haze(RIP),Rose PRO,Parfait Amour,Heavenly Bliss(RIP)

Originally Posted by Hlmjmerk What is your favorite eye shadow brand and why? What is your favorite color or colors.
icon_question.gif
Right now my favorite eye shadow is made by Lancome (in "snap"). It is my favorite because it goes on so well and really brings out blue eyes. It has an earthy, brown tone with a spike of plumb/raisin. It is just a beautiful color above the eye and as a soft eye liner. I can see just about anyone looking good in this shadow. You can easily darken it as well.
What about you, Hlmjmerk? What's yours?
tigerexcited.jpg

I love both MAC and Shu Uemura. My favorite MAC is too hard to narrow down but I really love Nylon as a highlighter & I love my pigments to death! If you like pigments but don't have easy access to MAC try NYC Sparkle Eye Dust, I just discovered these and they're pretty good. My fav Shu e/s is P Purple 717 & M White 910.

icon_question.gif

My favorites are MAC and Christian Dior. Christian Dior is easy to blend and softer in consistency than MAC. MAC I like because of the price and selection of colors. I'm still wanting to try Shu Uemura.

I love MAC, but only own one of their pot shadows - Vanilla. It's gorgeous, though, really brightens my eyes! I want Vapour quite badly, as well.

Others...

Urban Decay - Polyester Bride

Cover Girl Eye Enhancers in:

Bedazzled Biscotti (resembles UD's Midnight Cowboy, I've heard. I just love it!)

Meringue Blush (I need to buy this one - it looks gorgeous!!!)

Arctic Glow

Sapphire Sparkle

Champagne

Physician's Formula in:

Loose Eyeshadow in Eye-Tech (staple for 5 years now)

Pearls of Perfection in Natural Pearl

Max Factor Lasting Color Eyeshadows in:

Spotlight Sparkle (resembles UD's Roadstripe and MAC's Vellum)

Bombshell Blue

Jane Iced Shadows - Any! Perfect sparkle and glow!

Prestige in:

Glisten

Flushed (also great a blush!)

Can you tell I like light colors that brighten my eyes? I love a few dark colors, but my husband doesn't care for them on me - he doesn't seem to like the "smokey eye."

This is a minor diatribe by yours truly. Just thinking aloud ...

From my own experience, most men do not like makeup that isn't subtle. It's confusing though. One time I was sitting across the table from my husband and he said, "what are you wearing on your eyes that's light? It looks cool." So he noticed it, but yet he liked it. I guess the trick is to not look like Cruella Deville. This is the same man who asked once, "what the hell is that?" pointing to an eyelash curler.

The other day in the grocery store, the bag girl had black eyeliner on in a way that made her look somewhat Egyptian/catish. My husband made a comment on it that was not flattering. I was surprised he noticed enough to mention it to me. Then he asked, "what was she thinking?" And I said, "I have NO idea, but she probably did it because she wanted to be appealing." Makeup is supposed to be a tool to enhance, but sometimes we get carried away and use it to create! Extensive makeup looks great in dramamtic productions ... but this does not include packing groceries.

I hope that if I ever go overboard with makeup, someone lets me know because it is a beauty blunder! Tammy Fay is not known for much other than her makeup just as clowns are not known for being funny, just funny looking.

This message has been brought to you, without sanctimony, by the concerned citizens of MuT

newmutbanner.jpg

So far Rocket City is my favorite brand of eyeshadow. I only have one alien eyes trio so far and I loooooooooooove it! I just won another won off of ebay, yes I know I'm a cheap skate but a very resourceful one. The colors are amazing. The wear is outstanding. And the packaging is oh so cute. I have the Beam Me Up trio which I love-silver, white, and gold. I just won the Mac Daddy Martian trio off of ebay-white, lime green, celestial blue. But I think my favorite one will end up being the Venus Between Us trio. Those colors look amazing! I will end up with all of the Rocket City Alien Eyes shadow trios! That's all I want for christmas! LOL.

There are several eye shadow brands I love - YSL, Trish McEvoy and Nars. Between the three I can find any color I want to use, plus their style and texture are the best. An honorable mention would be Laura Mercier and Guerlain.

My favorite daily wear shades would be anything with subtle shimmer and medium to light in tone on lids and crease, with a deeper shadow used as liner.

I love:

red/rose/golden bronzes (Laura Mercier Cognac and Temptation, Trish McEvoy Bronze Glaze and Praline Definer, YSL Ombre Solo #10 and YSL Duo #13, NARS Rebecca Duo)

olives (Laura Mercier Sherezade, YSL duo #1)

purples/lavender (YSL Duo #9 and #17, Trish McEvoy Haze Glaze, Nars Charade for muted purple, Nars Elsa, Lulu and Twisted)

coral (Nars Emmanuelle, Trish McEvoy Warm Glow Glaze)

teals (NARS Cleo)

greens (YSL Ombre Solo #11 and Duo #31)

pinks (YSL Ombre Solo #3)

Highlighting pale shades (Guerlain Divinora palette #200, Nars Kilimanjaro, YSL Ombre Solo #9, #7, #6)

One big note: for Nars - if possible, buy the shadows that are made in CANADA. The ones that are manufactured in the USA are not as smooth texture-wise and less pigment lifts than their Canadian counterparts. Look on the back label for product origination.

Latest posts

Back