Eyebrow Expert on board!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's done!
Okay! the first one to email/IM me with the url link and $ of the online eyebrow makeover gets one free! Let's see if this works!

elke

icon_exclaim.gif

[email protected]

is the winner!!!

Originally Posted by lipstickgrrll It's done!
Okay! the first one to email/IM me with the url link and $ of the online eyebrow makeover gets one free! Let's see if this works!

elke

icon_exclaim.gif

[email protected]

is the winner!!!

Hey Elke, here's my official welcome to MUT!
wink.gif
It's fun to have you here!
I'll be curious to hear about Laura's virtual makeover, sounds interesting (how did I guess Laura would win this one???
icon_cheesygrin.gif
)

Originally Posted by Jennifer welcome to MUT!
do you thread? i gave up on waxing
icon_sad.gif

I love getting my eyebrows threaded -- my old college roomate used to do it for me all the time. We had a thread (lol, no pun intended!) here on MUT about a month ago on the very topic.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I want to learn how to do it, it's just kinda tricky to get your fingers accustomed to the technique. Practice makes perfect though!

Welcome! I have been obsessed with eyebrows since I first started tweezing them at age 18 (I'm 32 now). Remember when sculpted, dramatic eyebrows started to become fashionable? Linda Evangelista was my idol...her brows were the best! I get giddy just thinking about it!!!

I've never done anything better for my looks than tweezing my brows. Waxing wasn't a good experience for me, but looking back, I probably just didn't have a good esthetician. I might try it again some day. Never tried threading. I had laser done on my face but they said it wasn't safe near the eyes...darn!

Anyway, I can't wait to read your posts and soak up your knowledge!
icon_wink.gif

Hey Elke, I've had really bad luck with people waxing my brows. I'm still trying to grow them out from the last person's mistake. I might just see if you can do mine. I am in the LA area, where do you work out of?

Originally Posted by envymi Hey Elke, I've had really bad luck with people waxing my brows. I'm still trying to grow them out from the last person's mistake. I might just see if you can do mine. I am in the LA area, where do you work out of? They look good from here! LOL But I know what you mean about people waxing off too much - I would get bald patches when they would catch a longer hair that strayed... I've learned that brushing brows and trimming excess keeps them from ripping out the wrong hairs! lol
wink.gif
(And I use Ardell Brow & lash growth accelerator - funny, for something so cheap, it seems to actually be working! Go figure!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I love getting my eyebrows threaded -- my old college roomate used to do it for me all the time. We had a thread (lol, no pun intended!) here on MUT about a month ago on the very topic.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I want to learn how to do it, it's just kinda tricky to get your fingers accustomed to the technique. Practice makes perfect though!

i love threading, too! when i started to get them threaded, i didn't know how i got by with just waxing. i love it! so precise.

Originally Posted by lipstickgrrll It's done!

elke

icon_exclaim.gif

[email protected]

is the winner!!!

WooHoo! Elke is gonna give me an online eyebrow makeover & believe me i need it! I'll post before & after pics girlies
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lipstickgrrll WooHoo! Elke is gonna give me an online eyebrow makeover & believe me i need it! I'll post before & after pics girlies
smile.gif

Yup!!! We want to see the new "Virtual Laura" !!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 (And I use Ardell Brow & lash growth accelerator - funny, for something so cheap, it seems to actually be working! Go figure!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I gotta try this stuff! Where do you get it? I've never heard of it before! Is it the same company as the Ardell Eyelashes?? Is it a brush on, gel, what is it exactly? I'd love to be able to recommend this for my clients...

icon_eek.gif

Elke

PS How do you get your photo to appear on your forum post??? I see everyone else's but not mine..
icon_cry.gif

Actually, i heard you can use rogaine on brows as well, anyone know if this is true, safe, or smart!? Even still, where do you get the ardell stuff, this would be sooo helpful for some of my clients as well!!!

Originally Posted by KMEFH Actually, i heard you can use rogaine on brows as well, anyone know if this is true, safe, or smart!? Even still, where do you get the ardell stuff, this would be sooo helpful for some of my clients as well!!! I hear models talk about this all the time, but it scares me, because it's so close to the eyes. You know models, they'll try anything! But I've never seen actual results, so I'd be skeptical. Hmm, only a trained rogaine doctor knows for sure!
lol, oh I meant dermatologist..

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Elke

Originally Posted by lipstickgrrll PS How do you get your photo to appear on your forum post??? I see everyone else's but not mine..
icon_cry.gif
Hey Elke if you send Tony an email with the pic you want there he can put it up or else you can do it yourself if the photo is the right size!
Go to User CP (blue toolbar)

You'll find an option to Edit Avatar in there & away you go
biggrin.gif

PM me if you need any help with it

Originally Posted by lipstickgrrll I gotta try this stuff! Where do you get it? I've never heard of it before! Is it the same company as the Ardell Eyelashes?? Is it a brush on, gel, what is it exactly? I'd love to be able to recommend this for my clients...

icon_eek.gif

Elke

PS How do you get your photo to appear on your forum post??? I see everyone else's but not mine..
icon_cry.gif

Yup! it's the same company that makes the lashes. I just happened to see it at Ulta one day, and was just like - "for $4 what the heck!" And actually a lot of my thin spots have filled in, and some of my lashes that were really short are now growing quite fast, and seems to have made my lashes a tad longer... The stuff comes in a mascara like tube with super-soft brush wand...It's a milky white substance.. they say to put it on (and leave on) at night after cleaning your face. It seems creamy at first, When it dries it feels a bit like a gel though - can work as a brow gel too I'm assuming since they stay put... Here's a pic of it.

Originally Posted by lipstickgrrll WooHoo! Elke is gonna give me an online eyebrow makeover & believe me i need it! I'll post before & after pics girlies
smile.gif

Hi Laura!
It's in your email!!!!

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Hi Laura!

It's in your email!!!!

icon_cheesygrin.gif

OMG, i LOVE it! Thanks so much Elke. Girls i'll try and post before & after pics ASAP
biggrin.gif

Back