Eyebrow Help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been wanting to get my eyebrows waxed but don't know if I should. I think they could use some shape and get them a little smaller. Do the people who wax the eyebrows help you pick a shape that will look good on you? I don't even know how I should get them shape. I am a little nervous to get them waxed for fear I won't like them. I just didn't know how people pick the shape for their eyebrows.

I could use any advice or tips when going to a salon to get your eyebrows waxed.

wink.gif

Thanks,

RaeLynn

Originally Posted by RaeLynn Hello,I have been wanting to get my eyebrows waxed but don't know if I should. I think they could use some shape and get them a little smaller. Do the people who wax the eyebrows help you pick a shape that will look good on you? I don't even know how I should get them shape. I am a little nervous to get them waxed for fear I won't like them. I just didn't know how people pick the shape for their eyebrows.

I could use any advice or tips when going to a salon to get your eyebrows waxed.

wink.gif

Thanks,

RaeLynn

I dont really think you should pick a shape,you should work with the shape you have.if this is your first time ask the tech to just cclean them up,the middle,underneath the brow and if needed above the brow.This way you can try it and it wont be so dramatic.I think just cleaning up the brows a bit makes all the differnce in the world!Good luck
smile.gif

Thanks for the idea nydoll23. I had never thought about just cleaning them up.

years ago i went and had my eyebrows done. i figured the technician would know what was best for my face. wrong. she made them like hers which i didn't like for myself. too thin and too round. i would recommend taking in pictures of looks that you like. that way she will have an idea of what looks you like.

Originally Posted by RaeLynn Thanks for the idea nydoll23. I had never thought about just cleaning them up.
I used to do waxing and facials,cleaning them up is what i would do for someone who wanted a subtle yet different look.Youd be surprised at how nice they will look just doing that
smile.gif

hi raelynn - you should go to a pro. also it's good to pick someone that has good looking brows. i don't ask my customers about shapes and i don't wax large areas. i tweeze and do a little cleanup of fine hairs with wax. in my opinion each person has a distinct brow shape and a good esthetician should be able to enhance what you already have.

Originally Posted by RaeLynn Hello,I have been wanting to get my eyebrows waxed but don't know if I should. I think they could use some shape and get them a little smaller. Do the people who wax the eyebrows help you pick a shape that will look good on you? I don't even know how I should get them shape. I am a little nervous to get them waxed for fear I won't like them. I just didn't know how people pick the shape for their eyebrows.

wink.gif

Thanks,

RaeLynn

hi,

I have got my eye brows waxed since I was a freshman in high school. I was really nervous the first time but my eye brows turned out great. A good thing to do to get the shape you want is to bring a picture, I did my first time and it turned out great. I also have jumped around with different people so I have had waxes that have turned out horrible. I wasn't too worried though because at the pace that my eyebrows grow back, it wasn't worth it to get upset. I went to eyebrowz.com to get pictures and they even have celeb eye brows if you want, but go there and check it out. They have a lot of shapes! Good luck!
icon_smile.gif

I would also go with what you already have... when you clean them up, they'll probably look different to you - yet won't leave you horrified like 'who is this person in the mirror!?!?" Besides, just because a set of brows look good on someone else, doesn't mean they'll work for you too - people have different faces, different brow bones, bone structure and facial characteristics. It's usually good to go with what nature gave you, because your brows are growing right on your brow bone, so each person is unique. A little clean up is probably all you need
smile.gif

ditto on cleaning them up. once they're cleaned up and you get used to them, you'll see/figure out what kind of brow shape you have to go from there.

when you do pluck, take a break every once in awhile. you'll get so focused on plucking and get carried away. if you're using a hand held mirror, go look in a full size mirror to see how it looks from a distance and in relation to your face.

Originally Posted by Liz when you do pluck, take a break every once in awhile. you'll get so focused on plucking and get carried away. if you're using a hand held mirror, go look in a full size mirror to see how it looks from a distance and in relation to your face. this is a very good idea Liz. it also help with making sure both brows keep a similar shape.

I over plucked my eyebrows and for some reason there taking forever to grow back do you guys think it'll take a long while or there not growing back at all

Originally Posted by Charmaine Welcome to Makeuptalk! I also have some part of my eyebrows that I used to pluck a lot and now they have stopped growing (or just take a loooooong time to grow). Maybe you can take Biotin? I don't know if that would work but I know it helps hair to grow faster.
you can also use rogain on the spots that are not gowing!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally I know I would try the Biotin ..but NOT the Rogain! I read the side effects (possible hair growth elsewhere on the face ..NO THANKS ..as it would be MY LUCK that would happen to me). LOL
I just mentioned that,cause in my beauty school ,there were girls who used that and it worked for them.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally Really ..they didn't have any side effects! Plus I don't want the WHOLE bottle ..don't think I'd need THAT much to my eyebrows to grow! if you used the whole bottle ,youd have clingon(startrack) eyebrows,lolololol

yea u should like make sure where the arch should be and just pluck the stray hairs or have them waxed cuz when they wax too much it looks freaky and it takes longer to grow back

My eyebrows have quite growing (age factor, I believe), but I had mine shaped at Laura Mercier by a national brow stylist and she recommended a product Talika ($30). I've only been using it on my brows for a month so I haven't seen any growth. I was told it takes min. 2 months, maybe 6 to see improvement. You can get it at Sephora.

Carol

wink.gif

Thanks,

RaeLynn

I agree with going with the shape you already have, and just given it a more "clean" look. Be careful who you go to because some pple wax too much and it takes forever for it to grow back out the right way again...

wink.gif

Thanks,

RaeLynn

You know what my friend did ones?She saw the picture with some beautiful woman on and the brow shape she rally liked,so she took this picture to a salon and asked to do this brow shape,

they were really nice as they told her that this shape wouldn't suit her but the suggested a bit diffrent shape .And she was very pleased with the result.

So you mayby should go to salon and talk to consultant there,I bet they can find somethink for you.
icon_smile.gif

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the help.
icon_biggrin.gif

I did get my eyebrows waxed a few weeks ago and I love how they look. I plan on going back soon to get it done again. But I have a couple of question.

How often do most of you get your eyebrows waxed professionally?

and

I pay $8 and wanted to know if I should tip the person who waxes my eyebrows. I know you should tip for a haircut but don't know if you should for an eyebrow wax. (If so how much)

everytwo two to three weeks should keep your brows looking great, and yes you should most certainly tip your service provider for all esthetic services.

Originally Posted by RaeLynn I just wanted to thank everyone for all the help.
icon_biggrin.gif
I did get my eyebrows waxed a few weeks ago and I love how they look. I plan on going back soon to get it done again. But I have a couple of question.

How often do most of you get your eyebrows waxed professionally?

and

I pay $8 and wanted to know if I should tip the person who waxes my eyebrows. I know you should tip for a haircut but don't know if you should for an eyebrow wax. (If so how much)

Latest posts

Back