Eyebrow shaping

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok please move this if there is a better place for it, but I couldn't think where to stick it, lol.

Maybe the last 6 months or even longer, I've started to shape my own brows. The beautician who I loved put her prices up and I really couldn't afford it any more, not to mention, it wasnt as good as it used to be.

Well, my problem is this. Obviously I tilt my head back in the mirror to tweeze. I love the shape I've acchieved, but when my head is straight on, the shape is really lost and I'm not as impressed with it.

Have any of you brow masters got any shaping tips for me?

My only tip would be to use a pencil and draw in the shape you'd like to achieve. then pluck around that as a guideline =)

my tip, invest in brow stencils.

i paid $20 at the sephora site for Anastasia brow stencils.

ive never had to go and get my brows done again and they pretty much always look good now.

plus you get 4 in a set.

Sephora: Anastasia Classic Stencils: Eyes

although i know ardell has some for cheap, but i dont know how the shape of those are.

ok! I incorporated both of your ideas together and I'm happy with the results, they're thinner, and they look better shaped when I'm looking straight ahead!

thanks kiddoes!

I dont trust myself with stencils,I have mine waxed every 3 to 4 weeks for $10

so r u just using the anastasia stencils to fill in ur brows?...or to outline where ur going to pluck?

the stencils are great when you first start plucking, after that I stopped using them... it's hard to find ones that really suit my eyebrow shape.

I've always found it hard to do, but i guess it's just something that takes time and practise.

it takes time and a bit of practise. i really love Elke's tutorial on how to do your eybrows (you can find it on youtube). i use her tips on how to with a pencil or a brush know where your brow should start, etc...

i pick my blue khol (so it's noticeable). i draw a point where my eyebrow should start, where it should end, and where the arch starts. i draw a line with these points, then i color my eyebrows (going down) until i've decided they're thick enough, and tweeze everything not colored.

i don't like much stencils, mostly because it's hard to ifnd a color that matches your eyebrows exactly.

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif my tip, invest in brow stencils.i paid $20 at the sephora site for Anastasia brow stencils.

ive never had to go and get my brows done again and they pretty much always look good now.

plus you get 4 in a set.

Sephora: Anastasia Classic Stencils: Eyes

although i know ardell has some for cheap, but i dont know how the shape of those are.

I second that. I've always had trouble with my brows so I gave the stencils a try and I love them. I used a bright blue eye pencil to trace the shape onto my brow (it took a few applications to get it just right), tweezed any hairs outside the stencil, washed my face, and used the stencils to feel in my brows. I love it! My brows look amazing and so professional!

I just tweeze with a steady hand and the hope that I don't over do it.

At work it must be masking tape and black paint for some of the women there. geesh some of them look way over done. LOL, so they have to paint them back on.

Latest posts

Back