Eyelash Curler Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely LOVE my sephora heated eyelash curler. I use it after I apply my mascara and it dries (not on bare lashes or it does squat) and it gives them a really good curl that holds throught the day. Only $16, wich isnt too bad considering there are ones out there for $30+

the only downside is that youhave to replace the battery quite often, but I think its worth it.

Guess I gotta get the shu since it's soo highly recommended but I can't help but be curious about mallys one on qvc. Her pads are rounded and I like how the angle is for it. My problem is my outer lashes never get curled. I have had the heated ones they were ok. Don't use them anymore. In fact since I don't get the ressults I want I hardly use e/c. I tried the individual e/c u know the onew were it looks like a tweezer but those were not for me either. I have a major thing for eyelashes. I did falsies for the first time on my bd and it was fabulous, felt so femminine. I also have permed my eyelashes several times. The first time was great but then my lashes got use to it and eventually only lasted a week instead of a month and a half. Thinking about getting the fake ones doen, my gf did and she paid soooo musch money and had to re do it alot. She looked gorg tho. But my other friend sd they irritated her so much she had them removed and that the reg falsies were better. As you can see I have a thing about eyelashes!! Just jealous I suppose!

me 2 mischalei, I LOVE long lashes. I wear falsies for special occassions, but I want to be able to look like that everyday. I always seem to have a bit of difficulty putting them on myself, but its a snap when I put them on others. I think lashes really opens up your eyes and I love it.

I had lasik a few years ago and they taped my lashes down, ever since then my lashes hadn't been as long or full as they use to. So anything that I can do to make them look better, I will do it. (But not extensions yet, sort of scared to try that. hehe..)

~ Thanks for your wonderful post~! I love all articles about Eyelashes, mascara, as I have really straight lashes and when properly curled makes my eyes look Hugh.   The best heated eyelash curler I have ever found is the Hot Lashes eyelash curler makeup Artist kit.It comes with a small heater base and a curler and works amazing...   I read the reviews on Amazon and was impressed. They also have a site of the same name Hot Lashes. I love sharing with others about great products.   This curler is exactly like the Shu Uemura curler with a 24k gold plated curler and this small heater base. Keeps my lashes curling till the next day. Ashley~ hth~

My best suggestion is to LIGHTLY (I cannot stress that enough) heat it so the lashes would keep their curl.

I have never used one before (shock! I know!) but am interested in trying. Shu Uemura seems to be quite the popular choice...

I recently read that if you hold your curler in front of the blowdryer for a few seconds or run it under hot water it curls well? I tried it and my lashes were kinked!! Anyone else tried it? Any tips??  Also I love the revlon classic curler from the drugstore. Does the trick!

Originally Posted by JaclynO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I recently read that if you hold your curler in front of the blowdryer for a few seconds or run it under hot water it curls well? I tried it and my lashes were kinked!! Anyone else tried it? Any tips??  Also I love the revlon classic curler from the drugstore. Does the trick!
That makes sense because since it was hot it was like a curling iron.

Back