Eyelash Curler with or without spring?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
May 3, 2010
Messages
7,095
Reaction score
100
Spring?  I'm not sure what you mean.  Usually its best to get one that match your eye shape so it doesn't pinch.  If you are meaning a spring that gets it to open on its own, spring is always better, heated is even better. 

 
Joined
Feb 10, 2011
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Spring?  I'm not sure what you mean.  Usually its best to get one that match your eye shape so it doesn't pinch.  If you are meaning a spring that gets it to open on its own, spring is always better, heated is even better. 
That sounds really interesting. How does it work? Is heat exactly like the others except it heats up? Also, how do I know if it matches my eye shape?

 
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
174
No spring!! I used an Avon curler with a spring and TWICE I was using it and my finger moved slightly to the side and it ripped out my lashes! It was awful! I have a Shu and it is fabulous! The curl stays all day too, I was shocked that it made such a huge difference vs a cheap one.

 
Joined
Feb 10, 2011
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No spring!! I used an Avon curler with a spring and TWICE I was using it and my finger moved slightly to the side and it ripped out my lashes! It was awful!

I have a Shu and it is fabulous! The curl stays all day too, I was shocked that it made such a huge difference vs a cheap one.
Ouch. I never heard of it ripping out eyelashes before. O_O"" I mean I heard cut but never rip. Eek. Seems scary. Lol. Where do you buy this Shu?

 
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
174
Ouch. I never heard of it ripping out eyelashes before. O_O"" I mean I heard cut but never rip. Eek. Seems scary. Lol. Where do you buy this Shu?
I had the curler closed on my lashes and it slipped or something and grabbed my lashes with it too. The Shu Umera was at sephora but I heard you can't get it there now.. :-S
 
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
1,360
Reaction score
14
I've actually seen the Shu Uemura one at Sephora and I went to Sephora on Saturday :/
 

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif


I had the curler closed on my lashes and it slipped or something and grabbed my lashes with it too.
The Shu Umera was at sephora but I heard you can't get it there now.. :-S

 
Joined
Mar 18, 2012
Messages
310
Reaction score
5
The eyelash curler that I have (I think it's from Mary Kay) doesn't have a spring. I don't use it often because I get paranoid about accidentally ripping out my lashes.

 

Latest posts

Top