Eyelash Curler with or without spring?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spring?  I'm not sure what you mean.  Usually its best to get one that match your eye shape so it doesn't pinch.  If you are meaning a spring that gets it to open on its own, spring is always better, heated is even better. 

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Spring?  I'm not sure what you mean.  Usually its best to get one that match your eye shape so it doesn't pinch.  If you are meaning a spring that gets it to open on its own, spring is always better, heated is even better. 

That sounds really interesting. How does it work? Is heat exactly like the others except it heats up? Also, how do I know if it matches my eye shape?

No spring!! I used an Avon curler with a spring and TWICE I was using it and my finger moved slightly to the side and it ripped out my lashes! It was awful! I have a Shu and it is fabulous! The curl stays all day too, I was shocked that it made such a huge difference vs a cheap one.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No spring!! I used an Avon curler with a spring and TWICE I was using it and my finger moved slightly to the side and it ripped out my lashes! It was awful!

I have a Shu and it is fabulous! The curl stays all day too, I was shocked that it made such a huge difference vs a cheap one.

Ouch. I never heard of it ripping out eyelashes before. O_O"" I mean I heard cut but never rip. Eek. Seems scary. Lol. Where do you buy this Shu?

Ouch. I never heard of it ripping out eyelashes before. O_O"" I mean I heard cut but never rip. Eek. Seems scary. Lol. Where do you buy this Shu?
I had the curler closed on my lashes and it slipped or something and grabbed my lashes with it too. The Shu Umera was at sephora but I heard you can't get it there now.. :-S

I've actually seen the Shu Uemura one at Sephora and I went to Sephora on Saturday :/

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had the curler closed on my lashes and it slipped or something and grabbed my lashes with it too.
The Shu Umera was at sephora but I heard you can't get it there now.. :-S

The eyelash curler that I have (I think it's from Mary Kay) doesn't have a spring. I don't use it often because I get paranoid about accidentally ripping out my lashes.

Latest posts

Back