EYELASH GROWTH

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'M LOOKING FOR UNIQUE TRICKS/TIPS TO MAKE EYELASHES LONGER, FULLER, MORE VISIBLE.  ANY DIY MASCARA TRICKS OR HOMEMADE REMEDIES?  I HAVE HEARD ABOUT OILS, POWDERS, COTTON BALLS, ETC. THAT CAN HELP.  ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS WHERE I CAN FIND ANSWERS?  PLEASE HELP!

I have been using Cold pressed and cold processed castor oil for the last month or so with great results! I was shocked that the online reviews were true. My lashes are much longer., it's very comparable to when I was trying out Lash Food (from a new beauty test tube). However, I think with lash food that it made them a bit darker and more of them.. I don't feel like I have more now, just that they are longer. My lashes are light enough that I don't notice they are longer until I curl them and see that they poke up more or put on a coat of mascara. I actually put the oil in my old Lash Food container that has an eyeliner type applicator brush so that i could Still put it on like eyeliner. Then I lightly run any remaining oil across the tips of my lashes and then I run my finger over so there are no obvious dots of oil or anything. I only use it before bed.. And sometimes my upper lids are a tiny bit puffy when I wake up until I wash my face. My lower lashes are a bit longer even though I don't directly apply there.

Everybody and his uncle has put out lash serums now to strengthen lashes and make them grow. I think I'd just do a search for reviews on some of these lash serums until you find one or two that have consistently good reviews and then give it a shot. High end, drugstore, they all have them now.

I do agree with Blue that just being gentle with your lashes can be a huge help. Using oil to clean off your makeup will work since you don't have to scrub and tug to remove mascara and eyeliner, and it helps to condition your lashes. Some other oils to consider, jojoba, olive, even plain baby oil are better than harsh cleansers or cleansers that just aren't good at removing eye makeup.

Are you the same person who posted this on my Facebook page? I answered you there.

One mascara trick that works for me is to coat just the tips of my lashes first, let it dry, then apply a full second coat of mascara. My lashes are medium-length to start with, and this helps them to look much longer.

If your interested in an eyelash enchancing product, Idol Lash works amazingly well. I have tried several home remedies for my short lashes and pretty much wasted alot of time and effort with no results! Idol Lash has strengthened my lashes, and made them longer, thicker, and darker in just a few weeks time. I love it! It also does the same for eyebrows, which I have not personally tried since mine are already thick.

Back