Eyelash Primers?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do they work or are they a waste of money? Any brand recommendations?

Thanks.
smile.gif

I've tried a sample of the one by Smashbox & i loved it.. I'm thinking about buying it in the full size now.

I got a hold of Shu's lash primer and I love it...still haven't tried the mascara I bought from them recently. I pretty much always use a primer for myself because my lashes suck!

The only primer I have is from Estee Lauder and it is called Lash Primer Plus. I don't use it a lot I don't know why because it isn't a bad one!!! but I am planing on tying Shu's basic mascara as primer after I come back from my vacation.

Originally Posted by envymi I got a hold of Shu's lash primer and I love it...still haven't tried the mascara I bought from them recently. I pretty much always use a primer for myself because my lashes suck!

Shiseido's primer is very good- holds curl like nothing else I've used! I've also used Smashbox, but nothing remarkable for me.

I used Smashbox and didn't do anything for me either. I will give Shiseido's primer a try too
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 Shiseido's primer is very good- holds curl like nothing else I've used! I've also used Smashbox, but nothing remarkable for me.

i have not used a primer before but i have read a thread on the primers some of the other ladies use. also a lot of info. has been posted in other threads that may have been posted more than once. to find out answers to questions you have you can go to the forum for the question you want to ask(EX: eyelash primer would be in makeup) then at the top right corner it will say search this thread. click on it and type in the box "eyelash primer", and it will bring up all post and threads with information on eyelash primers. hope this info helps. Click Here for the thread.
icon_smile.gif

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=393 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR><!-- MOVED text_under_picture_$PRODUCT_ID FROM HERE --><TR><TD>
1x1.gif
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=left>
colon_off.gif
M53F01_hd.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=text>For use under mascara: a white coat that dries to a semi-clear base. Smoothes and conditions the lashes. Intensifies the build and lengthening quality of all formulas. Helps mascara last longer.

10g/.35 US OZ</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>I bought the MAC p+p lash, but honestly, it doesn't make a huge difference for me, and I find that a good thickening lash mascara will do the job.
icon_biggrin.gif

Hi! I have used the Too Faced Lash Primer. It is connected to a Navy mascara. I really liked it and wanted the primer solo, but it is only sold as a duo....tears! I settled for the Smashbox lash primer, hopefully it works out! It is supposed to prep lashes and maximize the effects of mascara.

I use MAC's Prep + Prime and I really like it. it adds volume to my eye lashes. Definately makes them look fuller. Never had a mascara do that on its own before.

I have the Smashbox primer. I use an Avon mascara that is waterproof but not washproof but it tends to flake. The primer stops the flaking, which is nice because I don't want to change mascaras (I like the runny texture of the Avon).

hey !

does anyone know of any good eyelash primers ? I'm looking for something maybe fiber rich ? that will lengthen.., thicken before i put my mascara on... any help would be greatly appreciates !!

When i was looking into lash primers, i heard amazing things about Shiseido Mascara base.

My friend uses Maybelline XXL Volume & Length. One side is a primer that's white, and the other end is the mascara itself. She has non-existent eyelashes, and it helps her out a lot! It's microfiber mascara that's available in washable, waterproof and intense. I haven't used it personally, but I know it's all she'll buy. (I was "blessed" with naturally long, thick lashes ~ I use Cover Girl Lash Exact, which is AWESOME!!!) Anyway, I've left a link below in case you/anyone want to look into it!!!

http://www.maybelline.com/products/p...spx?prodid=250

I never believed in them but ive been using L'oreal Volume Shock (somethin like that) which has a primer and ive noticed that when i take off my MU, it seems as though the primer helped prevent my eyelashes from falling out. Anyone experienced this? anyone here a regular user of eyelash primers? im thinking of trying Mac prep + prime lash.

Hi beautynista, i haven't treid Loreal Volume mascara yet.Its good you noticed the primer is preventing your lashes from falling out. Perhaps the formula is keeping your lashes nice and conditioned and preventing them from drying out and coming out when you remove your eye makeup.

I'm using the MAC prep/primer lash and it's WONDERFUL...definetely would suggest it to you...I'm stuck on Loreal Volumnious mascara and the MAC primer has helped condition my lashes and I dont have the "clumping" that people sometimes complain with the Loreal mascara...it's a great primer and it helps that you can have that on the side when you want to use mascara's that don't have a primer included.

Latest posts

Back