Eyeliner, then black eyeshadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At the Mac counter the sales girl, explained to me how she makes black eyeliner stay on, by first applying it all inside the eye. Then she takes black eyeshadow powder and puts it on the lining of the waterline and it stays on forever? Has anyone here really tried this and does it work?

Whenever I use black e/s and then use my liner, it definitely stays A LOT longer than liner on it's own. I can say she's right there. It's just a matter of making sure you don't get excess e/s in your eye.

The excess eyeshadow on the eyelid would not be good. You use an angled brush for that? You lightly dust the lid right?

I use a small Posh brush... Like the last one on the right:

EOBPosh.jpg

I heard that too, something about it can cause infections and permanently color the tear duct. Anyone know if thats rumor or fact?

Originally Posted by YourOneAndOnly /img/forum/go_quote.gif i never apply on the waterline, i've heard it's not good for your eyes

I've never heard this, but would like to know if it's true...have you tried using MAC blactrack in the waterline?

Yes, I heard of this before!

I normally line my eyes with liner 1st then apply MAC carbon e/s on top of it...

Originally Posted by YourOneAndOnly /img/forum/go_quote.gif i never apply on the waterline, i've heard it's not good for your eyes Originally Posted by MACmaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif I heard that too, something about it can cause infections and permanently color the tear duct. Anyone know if thats rumor or fact? Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif hmmm.... I use potted Kajal from Saudi Arabia... They say it's actually good for your eye...Now I'm a bit nervous... Anybody know the ingredients? Or maybe I'll do sum research...

So I did sum research on this and found 2 sites with info. Here are the links:

Blocked Tear Duct, Tear Duct Obstruction - visionchannel

Virtual Pediatric Hospital: CQQA: Eyelid and Tear Gland Problems

Happy reading girls!

i had forgotten to add the quotes that motivated me...

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use a small Posh brush... Like the last one on the right:http://www.aquilah.com/EOBPosh.jpg

Hey Aquilah, is that last brush from Posh?

I was on their website(I assumed poshcosmetics.com) looking for it, but I didn't see any brushes.

Yes I have used blacktrack on the waterline. It's good it stays on for a long time. But I was trying to find out if there were other techniques.

Originally Posted by MACmaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif I heard that too, something about it can cause infections and permanently color the tear duct. Anyone know if thats rumor or fact? I've heard the only safe liner to use inside the waterline is kohl pencil. I don't know if this is true or not but...better safe than sorry, right?

yeah those 'surmas' or kohl powder frm arab countries are very good.I've numerous kajals and surmas, but now im loving TIGI pencil liner in Blac, no smearing, smudging and soooooo easy to blend!Stay put in waterline all day long and , its in pitch black!as you can see on my avvy pic

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was on their website(I assumed poshcosmetics.com) looking for it, but I didn't see any brushes. That's not their site. Posh aka UpStage aka EOB is all the same brand, and they're made specifically for CVS and Rite-Aid/Eckerd. I'm trying to find them again so I can get one to a co-worker for her liner, but the Eckerd by my job doesn't have them.

Back