Eyeshadow Advice Needed.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone please advise me of the best way to make dry eyshadow, go on wet for a more dramatic color? Can any powder eyeshadow be used damp or mixed with something to mae the color stronger and to use fo lining the eyes. I have eyegloss which i find makes the eyeshdow really sticky, and goes everywhere. I also have Elisabeth Arden 8 hour cream. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Quite a few brands can be used wet these days.Just experiment off to the side of the shade as water changes the texture of shadow regardless if it's a wet/dry brand(you can also use Visine which is great for keeping glittery shadows in place or MAC mixing med.which is a mixture of glycerin&water)Take a regular sponge shadow applicator(or brush if you prefer) and dampen it with your liquid of choice then pick up some color as you would if it were dry..Some brands that work well wet are:MAC,Urban Decay,Aveda,Mary Kay,Revlon.

Originally Posted by candy Can anyone please advise me of the best way to make dry eyshadow, go on wet for a more dramatic color? Can any powder eyeshadow be used damp or mixed with something to mae the color stronger and to use fo lining the eyes. I have eyegloss which i find makes the eyeshdow really sticky, and goes everywhere. I also have Elisabeth Arden 8 hour cream. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

WOW, Thanks! Just a few more questions, what is the mac mixing medium like? It is runny or thick? What is visine? Is it what we call vaseline in the UK?

I'm sorry..I wasn't aware you weren't in the States..The mixing medium from MAC cosmetics is merely glycerine&water(homemade version 3parts water to 1part glycerine..very much runny
smile.gif
It just helps the shadow adhere better and helps to intensify the pigment..Visine is a saline solution we use here in the States for our eyes

Originally Posted by candy WOW, Thanks! Just a few more questions, what is the mac mixing medium like? It is runny or thick? What is visine? Is it what we call vaseline in the UK?

Latest posts

Back