Eyeshadow Base

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i've heard that putting on eyeshadow bases before you apply your eyeshadows to makeit last longer like UDPP, painpots etc. they also can change the way your eyeshadow looks( like putting on MAC fluidline before the application.)

i was wondering. i dont have any bases and such nor would i want to buy it.. can i use normal eyeshadow? like wetting a blck eyeshadow and using it as a base?

i don't know. doesn't hurt to try it.

but the primers have something in them that grab and hold the shadows to keep them true and bright and creaseless.

maybe if you used a cream shadow in a light color and applied a powder shadow over it it might work, but i don't really see wetting a powder working as a primer/base. wetting will make a color more vibrant but won't turn it into a primer.

but you should try it and see what happens.

Probably not. You'd be better off going with an actual primer, it will make your shadows last longer and improve the look of them as well.

Hi,

L'Oreal makes a product called De-Crease (which is my backup to UDPP). You can find for under USD 10.

UDPP - used so that the eyeshadow doesn't crease.

MAC Paints and Pots - used so that the eyeshadow color "pops."

also- if you don't have a primer, and can't invest in one, use concealer. it's what i used to use before i discovered primers.

I love using cream eye shadow as a base, it can give powder shadows new dimension. If you have a CVS near you, the Lumene shadow base also works well.

Latest posts

Back