Eyeshadow primer/base

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any recommendations? I half-heartledly tried the Isadora makeup (after removing a full face) and I can already tell I'll need something to set it. If my regular routine doesn't hold it....I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts?

I see some reviews, but none that struck my fancy.

Melissa

I have 3 I've used...

Urban Decay Primer Potion

Ultima II "Fade Not Crease Not" Eyeshadow Base

Claudia Stevens Eyeshadow base

I wanna try out the Benefit FYEye & Lemon-Aid though!
smile.gif

many people will recommend the urban decay primer potion. it does work very well.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Urban Decay Primer Potion really makes your eyeshadow stay on for a very long time. I liked it in the beginning, but then I noticed that when it dried, it looked chalky-white. Maybe I'm just using it wrong and putting too much or something, I don't know. I get that too...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Urban Decay Primer Potion really makes your eyeshadow stay on for a very long time. I liked it in the beginning, but then I noticed that when it dried, it looked chalky-white. Maybe I'm just using it wrong and putting too much or something, I don't know. My vote is for Urban Decay Primer Potion. I used to have this issue too but I realized that I was putting on too much on my lid.

I tried MAC paints in untitled and my makeup literally looks the same at bedtime as it is first thing in the morning.

I second the Mac paints, I use bare canvas and love the results esp as I had such bad problems with my shadow creasing so quickly.

Benefit's FYeye is must-have. It will hold your shadow through nuclear war...lol.

I din't know what I did before it??????

My favorite is Urban Decay Primer Potion. I've also tried Benefit F.Y. Eye and Clinique Touch Base. The Clinique Touch Base is my second favorite, and I recommend the shade called Petal Shimmer because some of the other shades are oily but this one isn't.

F.Y. Eye creased really bad on me, no matter how little or how much I used. Never found a happy medium. Plus it is a strange melon color that may not blend well if you are on the fair side like me.

Has Anyone Tried Laura Geller Primer Products I Think It's Called Spackle? I Have Never Tried Anything From Her Before But I Was Up Watching Her On Qvc In The Middle Of The Night And It Looked Good. She Comes On Again At 9 Cent Time.

Originally Posted by ALLY2383 Has Anyone Tried Laura Geller Primer Products I Think It's Called Spackle? I Have Never Tried Anything From Her Before But I Was Up Watching Her On Qvc In The Middle Of The Night And It Looked Good. She Comes On Again At 9 Cent Time. I've never tried it because to me it LOOKS like it's chalky and/or dry. Just doesn't look like it's worth the $.

I use UD Primer and Lancome's eyeshadow base in nude. They both work fine on me.

I just use foundation topped with a layer of my regular loose face powder! Without it, my eyeshadow (and even my eyeliner) crease in about 30 minutes because my eyes are so deep set; with it my eye mu lasts all day! And this has worked with every brand of loose powder I've tried, even the brands that I didn't like for the rest of my face!
smile.gif

(Well, to be specific, the eyeshadow lasts for the workday but sometimes needs a touch-up for the evening. The eyeliner lasts all day though!)

Originally Posted by girl_geek I just use foundation topped with a layer of my regular loose face powder! Without it, my eyeshadow (and even my eyeliner) crease in about 30 minutes because my eyes are so deep set; with it my eye mu lasts all day! And this has worked with every brand of loose powder I've tried, even the brands that I didn't like for the rest of my face!
smile.gif

(Well, to be specific, the eyeshadow lasts for the workday but sometimes needs a touch-up for the evening. The eyeliner lasts all day though!)

What kind of foundation do you use?

Right now, L'Oreal Mattique Foundation .... I really don't think the brand of foundation or powder matters much (at least out of the brands I've tried), I think it's just a matter of having the loose powder to soak up my facial oils. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry, I'll use only loose powder and eyeliner on my lids (no foundation or e/s) and as long as I get the powder all the way down to my lashline, the eyeliner lasts all day, where it would quickly crease without the powder .... that's just what works for me anyway!
smile.gif

I've always loved Ultima II's Fade Not Crease Not e/s base and now rotate between that and UD's Primer Potion; the key is to not use too much or the base will crease and/or turn the e/s chalky and dry.

Originally Posted by girl_geek Right now, L'Oreal Mattique Foundation .... I really don't think the brand of foundation or powder matters much (at least out of the brands I've tried), I think it's just a matter of having the loose powder to soak up my facial oils. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry, I'll use only loose powder and eyeliner on my lids (no foundation or e/s) and as long as I get the powder all the way down to my lashline, the eyeliner lasts all day, where it would quickly crease without the powder .... that's just what works for me anyway!
smile.gif
I used to use Bare Minerals Bisque as an eyeshadow base and it worked pretty well but I was just thinking it may have been better with some foundation underneath. I'm sure a matte foundation would work best. My lids are very oily.

I'm another UD PP fan!

I love this stuff as it keeps my e/s in place all day and it doesn't crease.

I would say that you have to use a teeny-tiny amount otherwise you do end up with chalkiness/ I also find it easier to put the product onto my finger and then apply it to the eyelid.

I love the UD PP too. I use the wand and put a few dots on my eyelids and use my finger to spread around evenly and it works great. Stays on all day. In the beginning I used too much and had the chalky problem. I love this stuff.

Latest posts

Back