Eyeshadow that Stays!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I would like to know if there is anything i can do to prevent my eyeshadow from creasing?? I use powders, and what I do is 1st i put foundation on my eyelids (someone told me to do that) and then put my e/s, and it still creases. Anyone know what I could buy or do (preferably do). Any help is appreciated!!!

I can't wait to try this. Sephora has been out and I keep checking the site but not in stock just yet. I am currently using Trish's e/s base in linen and it seems to be doing fine but I don't think it allows my e/s colors to be true.

Try looking at this thread for some ideas. A lot of girls recommend UD's Primer Potion, but if you want to try something cheaper first, try putting some loose face powder (maybe pressed will work, I've never tried it) over your foundation and under your eyeshadow. That's what I do, and my e/s lasts at least through the workday, if not a little longer -- and I have very deep-set eyes and oily lids, my e/s disappears in an hour without the powder!

I recently got MAC Paint in Bare Canvas, and a THIN layer of this worked really well to prevent creasing and durability of my shadows...

A lot of people use either MAC Paints in Bare Canvas or Stillife, or UD's Primer Potion, but I haven't tried the PP myself...

The only things that have worked for my oily eyelids are U.D. Primer Potion, Mac Bare Canvas Paint, L'oreal Drecrease (very thin layer), or you should also try Mac's Fluidliners! They don't budge and you can layer e/s over it.

You might want to try Ultima II's fade not crease or Ulta's eyeshadow base. You can get both at Ulta.

Urban Decay Primer Potion is the best one that I've used so far. Next would be MAC Paints-Bare Canvas. MAC has also come up with some new neutral color paints.

I love Urban Decay Primer Potion... The best for me so far
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Clinique Touch Base is awesome! There are several shades, so you can go with one that matches your complexion, or get a special effect with one that doesn't (like SilverLIning.)

Must try that UD one the next time Ulta has an UD promotion!

Originally Posted by lilla I love Urban Decay Primer Potion... The best for me so far
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I agree!Works fab on my oily eyelids - even when it's hot and humid - BRILLIANT stuff!!

Brilliant indeed! I have normal to dry skin but my eyelids are oil city... so I never get to keep eyeshadow more than an hour or so without UD primer potion
claps.gif

Originally Posted by Bhav I agree!Works fab on my oily eyelids - even when it's hot and humid - BRILLIANT stuff!!

You have to try Urban Decay's Primer Potion!! Today at noon I was so tired that I slept with my make up on!
icon_wink.gif
I woke up and when I went to the mirror my mascara was all over my eyes but my eyeshadows had stayed on my lids without creasing!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I haven't tried UD Primer Potion, but I want too!!
smile.gif
Bases I do like...

- Almay Bright Eyes Cream e/s

- MAC Paints

- L'oreal Quickstick

Latest posts

Back