Face Atelier Ultra vs Maybelline Age Rewind

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i coughed up almost $50 (for a bottle less than 1 oz!!!) after reading the raves here and in magazines, online, etc.

well, i like it the finish (although it's a bit more oily) and so did my coworkers when i asked what they thought, but then i wore maybelline's age rewind cream foundation the next day and they looked almost identical, except age rewind looked much smoother. also, age rewind lasted much longer than ultra without a primer. ultra has a primer built in and it still didn't last as long.

maybe age rewind isn't THAT much better, but for a $42 difference, should i stick with age rewind?

i'm returning the ultra and sticking to my $8 foundation!
heart.gif

bare face...

BareFace.jpg

age rewind...

Rewind.jpg

ultra...

Atelier.jpg

Wow Jennifer! I love my Colorstay with all my heart, but I'm tempted to try the Age Rewind when I run out of this bottle!
smile.gif

It looks great and 50 bucks is waaay too much for foundation! But do you need to rewind your age? lol

I've been wanting to try Face Atelier Utra foundation forever! Maybe I should try the age rewind!
smile.gif

Age Rewind has excellent reviews over at another big makeup site and that is why i bought it months ago. It was good but i use MMU. I gave the age rewind to my mom and she loves it.

The Age rewind double concealer is excellent as well. Best concealer for my dark circles as of yet.

i use minerals, too, but sometimes when i need a dewy look or just something else, i'll go to maybelline!

I vote stick with UD MMU LOL! j/k! I'd go with the less expensive if you like a lot of the "perks" of it better!

I just wanted to say that I ran to the store to check out the Maybelline in hopes that I wouldn't have to shell out the money for Face Atelier...but the lightest Maybelline shade was like 2 or more shades too dark! *cries*

I ended up buying the Face Atelier Ultra Pro foundation. It's the same as the Ultra foundation, but you get less and it comes in a plastic sqeeze bottle instead. Since you get less, it's only $30. Hopefully it's worth it! *crosses fingers*

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I vote stick with UD MMU LOL! j/k! I'd go with the less expensive if you like a lot of the "perks" of it better! i always manage to go back to UD's!
cowboy.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just wanted to say that I ran to the store to check out the Maybelline in hopes that I wouldn't have to shell out the money for Face Atelier...but the lightest Maybelline shade was like 2 or more shades too dark! *cries*
I ended up buying the Face Atelier Ultra Pro foundation. It's the same as the Ultra foundation, but you get less and it comes in a plastic sqeeze bottle instead. Since you get less, it's only $30. Hopefully it's worth it! *crosses fingers*

aw, i'm sorry you don't have a match
frown.gif
let me know how you like atelier!

I ended up trying the Maybelline and I like my Colorstay much better, but my mom will be getting my bottle as she is one shade darker than me and the Maybelline was one shade too dark. LOL

Hi,

There's definitely a difference between them. The age rewind perfomed much, much better (couldn't see your pores).

Latest posts

Back