Face Of The Day ~ Sept. 14th

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't have any makeup on yet. Still too tired. Just some of my mom's homemade lip balm right now (Strawberry Margarita). I'll post my face later (assuming it happens) but I just thought I'd get this topic started for today.....
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by MysticWolf I don't have any makeup on yet. Still too tired. Just some of my mom's homemade lip balm right now (Strawberry Margarita). I'll post my face later (assuming it happens) but I just thought I'd get this topic started for today.....
icon_cool.gif
You beat me to it Mystic..That Strawberry Margarita sounds yum!Here's my face:
JI Amber Amazing base

YSL Touche Eclat#1

LM SHimmer pressed bronzer

MAC Shroom as a wash

MAC Heavenly Bliss on lids

MAC Sable in outerV

MAC Dark Brown creme liner on upper lash line

MAC Fibre Riche mascara

MAC Polished Up lipstick(I am in love with this l/s which is odd as my obsession has always been shadow..This comes off like a stain like Clinique's Black Honey or Black Lily Almost llipsticks..I works with the pigment in your lip to give you this beautiful,Perfect lip shade...They color is a cross between a reddish,bronzey,brownish pink kind've shade..My description doesn't do it justice though..This will go with ANYTHING!! Get it!! NOW!!
biggrin.gif
)

Finally put my face on. lol Alli; I have a huge 2 ounce tub of that lip balm. lmao My mom was making lip balm for the first time back in March I think and she had made a lot and didn't have enough little star shaped pots. So she poured what was left into a 2 ounce jar and gave it to me. I use it all the time but still have barely made a dent in it. It's going to last forever! My mom sells her stuff too so if you are ever interested just email me and I will get all the info I can to you. Mom and I don't communicate often enough so you may have to contact her to get all the info but I'll let you know everything I can (including how to get in touch with my mom)! Anyway back to the topic; I'm wearing: Physician's Formula Concealer Twins in Yellow & Light Hard Candy Hint Tint in Crystal Maybelline Brush Blush in Dusty Mauve NYC Translucent Loose Powder Maybelline Expert Eyes eye shadow in Fall Into Green (btw, just discovered last night this is the exact same thing as the Irish Eyes duo... the sneaky devils!) - light shade on lid, dark shade on the outter 1/4th of lid and blended in crease Mary-Kate & Ashley Sequin Dust in Honey on brow bone and inner corner Maybelline XXL Mascara in Brownish Black L'Oreal Color Juice lipgloss in Raspberry Smash - blended in and used as a stain L'Oreal Color Juice lipgloss in Caramel Creme

Finally, here's my face of the day! Skin: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation in Creme Peche Becca Loose Powder in Ginger Eyes: Laura Mercier shadow in Star Fruit - brushed on browbones YSL Ombre Solo shadow #3 - Nordic Pink - on lid and crease Smashbox Creme Eyeliner - black and bronze duo - blended together and applied into lashlines with the Smashbox push brush. YSL Faux Cils mascara in Black Cheeks: Stila Convertible Color in Gladiola Sue Devitt The Gold Coast bronzer, on cheeks, nose, forehead and chin Lips: Guerlain Divinora KissKiss glosses in Beige Caprice and Abricot Gourmand

Here's my FOTD. Haven't been posting them recently coz i usually wear the same stuff to work. Plus my stupid tear ducts are still blocked (i've to go for a small op in a few weeks to sort them out) then i'll be back to wearing FULL eye make up every day!

FACE:

Bobbi Brown Oil Free Foundation in Warm Ivory (think this colour is WAY too light for me though)

Lancome Star Bronzer in 02

Stila CC in Lillium (thank you, thank you, thank you kitty!)

LIPS:

Aloe Vera Vaseline

Now do ye know what i'm talking about.. BORING FACE! But i actually did look well if ye dont mind me saying so!! LOL @ me
smile.gif

Hi Laura! If you get a chance, try using a foundation brush to apply the Convertible Color. This is my absolute favorite way to apply these sticky cream blushes. The color goes on much smoother and even. If you don't want to shell out the $$ for a foundation brush, there are brushes at the artist supply store that do an identical job too.

If you can't get your hands on ANY of the above (LOL!) then a dry makeup sponge also works very well!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm not wearing any makeup today. When my husband comes home I am going to jump on him and make monster noises so he can can get the full-on visual and audio effect.

animal_muppet.jpg

Originally Posted by Californian I'm not wearing any makeup today. When my husband comes home I am going to jump on him and make monster noises so he can can get the full-on visual and audio effect.
animal_muppet.jpg

Ummm.... sounds a little kinky there Ry
wink.gif
LOL

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Hi Laura! If you get a chance, try using a foundation brush to apply the Convertible Color. This is my absolute favorite way to apply these sticky cream blushes. The color goes on much smoother and even. If you don't want to shell out the $$ for a foundation brush, there are brushes at the artist supply store that do an identical job too.
If you can't get your hands on ANY of the above (LOL!) then a dry makeup sponge also works very well!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Will do girlie. I have a foundation brush by The Body Shop that i NEVER use so now i've something to use it with! Have you checked out boots.co.uk yet girlie??

Originally Posted by allisong Ummm.... sounds a little kinky there Ry
wink.gif
LOL Well, as it turns out, I had to do some stuff in town so on went the face. I had to forgo the "kinky" monster act.
-Almay Lasting foundation in neutral mixed with Queen Helene's cocoa butter lotion (cali's special mix!)

-L'Oreal Endless liquid lipcolor in "Perpetual Pink" (I like this stuff)

-CG Eye Enhancers eyeshadow quad in "Wine and Roses" NOT to be confused with "Guns and Roses"

-Almay Time-off pressed powder in Beige (nice powder, works well)

-L'Oreal Colour Endure Mascara in black/brown (got this for free from a salesman) Thanks Mr. Salesguy, I love you enduringly!

-CG continuous color blush in "bronze spice" (Great Nars-looking shade)

-Maybeline Eye Duets in "Cookies and Cream" as corner of eye highlighter

-NYC eyeliner in 923A (Gray) Just a tad, no need to look like a ho

After I was done, I had a barely any makeup look! LOL!! <TABLE borderColor=#ffffff cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=95 bgColor=#ffffff borderColorLight=#000000 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap align=middle>irony</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Oh, yeah I did! I would LOVE the Time Delay Repair Massaging Cleansing Balm. I've been wanting a cleanser that is a cheaper version of the Eve Lom product, and this seems to be it! There aren't knock-offs here in the States, to my knowledge. If this isn't available to you, let me know and I'll think of something else! TY TY! http://www.boots.com/shop/product_de...1&slmRefer=000

Originally Posted by laura127 Will do girlie. I have a foundation brush by The Body Shop that i NEVER use so now i've something to use it with! Have you checked out boots.co.uk yet girlie??

MAC bitter e/s applied wet to the lid and as a lower liner MAC white gold pigment as a highlighter tigi catwalk black pencil liner very thinly on upper and lower lids UD scratch l/s with loreal CJ (the pink sparkly one) over the top jane blushing glow blush MAC studio fix C3 jane clear mascara on brows clinique naturally glossy mascara

Latest posts

Back