face wash recs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's time for me to get a new face wash, any suggestion? My skin gets oily throughout the day, but it also gets dry and flaky if I use a very drying face wash. However this isn't such a big problem in the summer. I get very occasional breakouts, but nothing major. Any suggestions for great face washes?

I am using the cetaphil cleanser for normal/oily skin, and really like it! even my sister switched to it from a more expensive face wash. But I am also hearing really good things about alpha hydrox foaming face wash, I so need to try this really bad!

Paula's choice also has a very good cleanser for oily/cobination skin! and the best thing about paula is, they send you very generous samples! free of course :icon_love

AND (geez, I gotta stop talking
icon_cheesygrin.gif
) Dove sensitive soap bar. (yeah i know, soap is not always good). But oh do I love this! PERFECT for makeup removal too!

they are really good at this. I called and requested 5 different samples, they sent me 6, and everything double!! gotta love that!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I use MD Formulations (skin care from Bare Minerals) and it works great for me. I sort of have combination skin (oily in some parts and very dry in others) so I have found a great facial cleanser. I use Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin,Vit-A-Plus Eye Creme and Glycare Acne Gel for spot treatments. I also use Moisture Defense Antioxidant Creme at nights.

HTH!

Your skin sounds simular to mine. I SWEAR by anything dermalogica! The Special Cleansing Gel and active moist are my HGs.:icon_love

Where do you get dermalogica? I spend money on my hair/makeup, but skin care has always been drugstore for me!

YOu sound like you have combination skin. I would recommend using Mary Kay's timewise 3 in 1 cleanser (cleanser toner and mask in 1) for combination skin. We have formula's for dry and oily skin. but the one is best for controlling combo skin!
smile.gif
I also mail free samples
wink.gif

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Where do you get dermalogica? I spend money on my hair/makeup, but skin care has always been drugstore for me! Hey grl, u can go to Dermalogica.comThey have a link to find a salon near you, i promise u'll love it, i tell people that ull notice that it feels like a conditioner on ur eyebrows, but at the same time it washes every trace of mu and dirt off my face, no residue. I dont back skincare lines, but if i did, this would be it! Oh, and usually the place that carry it have samples!!!
tongue.gif

I love the Philosophy cleanser - think it's called Purity. It doesn't strip the skin, doesn't leave it feeling oily or dry, and it's great at taking makeup off.

Originally Posted by KMEFH Your skin sounds simular to mine. I SWEAR by anything dermalogica! The Special Cleansing Gel and active moist are my HGs.:icon_love I love dermologica,thats what i use,also philospy's purity made simple is great!

i've found that aveeno clear complexion foaming cleanser has done a good job of keeping my combo skin under control. you can get it at any drug store for about $8

I would suggest Philosophy Purity Made Simple as well. It removes makeup like I've never experienced before. I use it at night, and the Philosophy On A Clear Day super wash for oily skin in the morning. Both are non-drying.

Hi bonbon,

I see that you've received quite a few recommendations, but I gotta tell you that I recently started using MD Formulations Facial Cleanser for Oily and Problem prone skin and I love it. I think Marisol suggested this line, as well. My skin is super oily, sensitive and prone to breakouts, and this is the best cleanser I've used yet. It has glycolic acid in it and my skin looks so much smoother and my pores look much smaller. Plus, I'm not as oily nor has it dried out my skin. Soo far so good. I'm going to try some other products in the line soon.

Good luck with your cleanser quest!

Originally Posted by bonbon412 It's time for me to get a new face wash, any suggestion? My skin gets oily throughout the day, but it also gets dry and flaky if I use a very drying face wash. However this isn't such a big problem in the summer. I get very occasional breakouts, but nothing major. Any suggestions for great face washes?

I have combination skin, and up until recently I swore by Oil of Olay facial wash for sensitive skin- the one with the scrubbing microbeads? It's a nice mild, but very effective, drugstore cleanser and in a pinch I'll use it, still...However, since I discovered MD Formulations I've become a devoted customer of their glycolic based skincare line. I LOVE the brand and just ordered two new bottles of the original cleanser....just in case. You really can't ever have too much of a good thing.

I've been using Olay's Clarity Foaming Cleanser in the AM, and the Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin in the PM. Works great for me!!
smile.gif

which Paula's choice face wash did you use, because i think they have two for combo skin?
confused.gif

Originally Posted by destiny I am using the cetaphil cleanser for normal/oily skin, and really like it! even my sister switched to it from a more expensive face wash. But I am also hearing really good things about alpha hydrox foaming face wash, I so need to try this really bad! Paula's choice also has a very good cleanser for oily/cobination skin! and the best thing about paula is, they send you very generous samples! free of course :icon_love

AND (geez, I gotta stop talking
icon_cheesygrin.gif
) Dove sensitive soap bar. (yeah i know, soap is not always good). But oh do I love this! PERFECT for makeup removal too!

i used the one step face cleanser for oily/normal skin. it is a gel fomula, which i really like. But just have them send you samples of both! last time i requested samples for 4 products, and they send me 6, everything double! I am just about to place another order. ah, i love PC! :icon_love

Have you tried md formulations like everyone else?? and paula's choice didn't make you break out or do anything funny to your skin??? Do you reccomend getting anything else from PC's line?? Sorry if i'm being redundant.

Originally Posted by destiny i used the one step face cleanser for oily/normal skin. it is a gel fomula, which i really like. But just have them send you samples of both! last time i requested samples for 4 products, and they send me 6, everything double! I am just about to place another order. ah, i love PC! :icon_love

Originally Posted by jennyb Have you tried md formulations like everyone else?? and paula's choice didn't make you break out or do anything funny to your skin??? Do you reccomend getting anything else from PC's line?? Sorry if i'm being redundant. No, I haven't tried MD, so I can't compare the two, but I did hear great things about it, some people swear by it. I haven't had any problems with PC at all, which of course doesn't mean it will work for everybody. I also use her 2% BHA lotion and 1% gel, which I absolutely LOVE! It has helped me tremendously with clogged pores and skintone. My skin is more even, less red marks, less little bums, much less new breakouts. BHA in general helps you with these things, I just like PC's. I also use the non greasy moisturizing lotion at night, sometimes during the day all over when my skin feels kind of dry, or I apply it to just dry patches. It smells weird to me, but who cares when it works!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
It really is a very light lotion, moisturizes just enough for my oily/combo skin. It is not greasy at all, soaks in very well, and gives me kind of a matte finish. I am about to try her 8% AHA lotion, I can't wait for it to arrive. :icon_love

Latest posts

Back