Faces for 7/15

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Easy face:

Skin:

Becca Luminous Skin Color in Sand - used as a replacement for my moisturizer w/ sunscreen. Gives the sheerest color possible with SPF 20+.

Becca Stick Foundation in Latte - sheer application on nose and chin.

Becca Concealer in Latte - for dark areas around eyes.

Becca Loose Powder(s) - Bisque and Ginger, blended together in a small glass bowl and brushed on with Kevyn Aucoin's Face/Blush brush. This brush gives the sheerest powder application I've seen yet.

Eyes:

Trish McEvoy Warm Glow Glaze - Medium Apricot - as wash on lids and into crease.

Trish McEvoy Praline Definer - Deep Reddish Bronze - in crease and used to line upper and lower lashlines.

Guerlain Divinora Radiant Color Palette #200, Touche De Nacre. I used the pinky white shade on my browbones.

YSL Faux Cils Mascara in Black.

Cheeks:

Sue Devitt The Gold Coast Bronzer - on cheeks, nose, chin and forehead.

Stile Rouge Pots in Lotus (pink) - on apples of cheeks.

Lips:

YSL Lip and Nail Balm

Nars Lip Lacquer in Hellfire - reddish bronze

Nars liner in Kenya - medium warm brown

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Easy face:
Skin:

Becca Luminous Skin Color in Sand - used as a replacement for my moisturizer w/ sunscreen. Gives the sheerest color possible with SPF 20+.

Becca Stick Foundation in Latte - sheer application on nose and chin.

Becca Concealer in Latte - for dark areas around eyes.

Becca Loose Powder(s) - Bisque and Ginger, blended together in a small glass bowl and brushed on with Kevyn Aucoin's Face/Blush brush. This brush gives the sheerest powder application I've seen yet.

Eyes:

Trish McEvoy Warm Glow Glaze - Medium Apricot - as wash on lids and into crease.

Trish McEvoy Praline Definer - Deep Reddish Bronze - in crease and used to line upper and lower lashlines.

Guerlain Divinora Radiant Color Palette #200, Touche De Nacre. I used the pinky white shade on my browbones.

YSL Faux Cils Mascara in Black.

Cheeks:

Sue Devitt The Gold Coast Bronzer - on cheeks, nose, chin and forehead.

Stile Rouge Pots in Lotus (pink) - on apples of cheeks.

Lips:

YSL Lip and Nail Balm

Nars Lip Lacquer in Hellfire - reddish bronze

Nars liner in Kenya - medium warm brown

Ms.Kitty..You always look so polished and classy..Feel a bit like ground beef next to a filet..Here's my face..Trying some stuff I haven't used in a while:
LM Tinted moisturizer in Nude

LM Shimmer bronzer w/ a light dusting of

Lancome Miel Glace on cheeks

WTF? Beach Troika:

Light champagne peach shade from lash to brow

Med.Peachy amber shade on lid

Dark bronzey brown shade in crease

MK Bronze e/l to line upper lashes

L'Oreal Voluminous mascara in Midnight Bronze

Bloom Babe Cakes lipsheer(Irridescent lightpeach)

No way! Today's look became too dark for me. I had to go into the bathroom and tone it down a bit. That's what happens when I'm in a rush!

And just to let you know, I was seen in Lowes last week with old stained shorts, mens underwear t-shirt, NO makeup, paint stains on hands and arms, face not even washed that day and my hair pulled back in a frizzy ponytail.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by allisong Ms.Kitty..You always look so polished and classy..Feel a bit like ground beef next to a filet..Here's my face..Trying some stuff I haven't used in a while:
LM Tinted moisturizer in Nude

LM Shimmer bronzer w/ a light dusting of

Lancome Miel Glace on cheeks

WTF? Beach Troika:

Light champagne peach shade from lash to brow

Med.Peachy amber shade on lid

Dark bronzey brown shade in crease

MK Bronze e/l to line upper lashes

L'Oreal Voluminous mascara in Midnight Bronze

Bloom Babe Cakes lipsheer(Irridescent lightpeach)

The Aspirin Mask is such a great mask! Before I regularly did Philosophys Microdelivery Peel, I used to do the aspirin mask 2x weekly, mixed with yogurt. Made my skin very soft! Now that I use strong scrubs, I can't fit in the mask anymore.

Now, you know you owe us for tomorrow's FOTD...
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Irishgirl Today's face is "naked" as I am doing my masks, treatments, etc..Does powdery Aspirin mask face qualify? LOL..You guys are looking beautiful!

My face is naked right now, as it usually is when I am sitting at home working, but later this evening, if my hubby's feeling better, we're going to a barbecue at our friends' apartment, so I'm planning to wear: Face: BeneFit Georgia powder over whole face for a natural glow, and it makes a good translucent powder for me Cheeks: BeneFit Dandelion powder for a light flush, across my cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin (gives me color as though I'd been out in the sun. I don't tan, but I get a rosy pink to a burn. This gives me a rosy pink) Lips: My Lips Stuff Lip Balm in Cherry Pie (My Lip Stuff is the best lip balm ever, most moisturizing!) mark. GlossBlossom for a sheer tint (GlossBlossom is the best new item -everyone get one!!!) (maybe some) Bonne Bell Lip Frosting in Whipped Cream (if I want my lips to be yummy for my hubby) (or maybe) Sugar Slicks by Sugar, in Bunny (sticky, but yummy, too) I don't wear much make-up, though I own a ton of it, and I love to look and shop for it! I think I need to swap more of it away - it just sits and looks pretty in my make-up case. My skin is naturally quite clear and even-toned, so I don't use foundation, except for a rare special occasion. I usually just use loose/pressed translucent powder, some lipbalm/lipgloss, maybe blush/highlighter/bronzer, and maybe some sheer eyeshadow.

You give some great ideas! I have Georgia and I'll try it out as an all-over powder tomorrow. On my skintone, it doesn't show up as "color" but more of a natural glow, like you said. I think I'd like to get rid of the box, tho. It obstructs my favorite brushes. If you get a chance, check out Laura Mercier's Filtered Brown loose powder. It's a finely milled face powder, but in a sheer rose/brown skin tint shade. Test it out with a powder brush on areas that you would normally place Dandelion. It's so pretty on!

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea My face is naked right now, as it usually is when I am sitting at home working, but later this evening, if my hubby's feeling better, we're going to a barbecue at our friends' apartment, so I'm planning to wear: Face: BeneFit Georgia powder over whole face for a natural glow, and it makes a good translucent powder for me Cheeks: BeneFit Dandelion powder for a light flush, across my cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin (gives me color as though I'd been out in the sun. I don't tan, but I get a rosy pink to a burn. This gives me a rosy pink) Lips: My Lips Stuff Lip Balm in Cherry Pie (My Lip Stuff is the best lip balm ever, most moisturizing!) mark. GlossBlossom for a sheer tint (GlossBlossom is the best new item -everyone get one!!!) (maybe some) Bonne Bell Lip Frosting in Whipped Cream (if I want my lips to be yummy for my hubby) (or maybe) Sugar Slicks by Sugar, in Bunny (sticky, but yummy, too) I don't wear much make-up, though I own a ton of it, and I love to look and shop for it! I think I need to swap more of it away - it just sits and looks pretty in my make-up case. My skin is naturally quite clear and even-toned, so I don't use foundation, except for a rare special occasion. I usually just use loose/pressed translucent powder, some lipbalm/lipgloss, maybe blush/highlighter/bronzer, and maybe some sheer eyeshadow.

Not a lot of make-up today, but definitely a different look than my usual dramatic eyes/nude lips.

MAC Select Cover-up NW 25

MAC Pressed Powder

Lash Architect Mascara

MAC Lipliner in Brick

L'Oreal l/s in Crimson Joy - a deep, matte red, applied with a Japonesque 001 lipbrush

(I'm a sucker for buying products that have my name, I guess I'm just easily amused).

MAC Lustre Glass in Sinnamon

Thanks, KittySkyfish! I'm glad you think my ideas are good.
smile.gif
Sometimes I feel like I might come across as too plain, or basic. I'm glad to know someone appreciates my style.
smile.gif

When I first tried Georgia at the BeneFit counter, they dusted it lightly all over my face, and it gives a natural glow. I hope you like it!

Thanks for the Laura Mercier recommendation! Maybe when I get some "fun money" set aside, I can give the Filtered Brown loose powder a try! It sounds lovely! Kind of like a rosy glowing tan all in one!
wink.gif

Thanks again!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish You give some great ideas! I have Georgia and I'll try it out as an all-over powder tomorrow. On my skintone, it doesn't show up as "color" but more of a natural glow, like you said. I think I'd like to get rid of the box, tho. It obstructs my favorite brushes.
If you get a chance, check out Laura Mercier's Filtered Brown loose powder. It's a finely milled face powder, but in a sheer rose/brown skin tint shade. Test it out with a powder brush on areas that you would normally place Dandelion. It's so pretty on!

Latest posts

Back