Facial hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
What do you guys use to get rid of facial hair? Right now I use one of those little razor things that are advertised for the bikini line. sometimes i can't pluck other hairs on my face other than my eyebrows and upper lip cause i can get ingrown hairs. damn, i want laser hair removal. lol

Nads (dipilitory)- works great...also, use it on my arms...I hate arm hair.... Originally Posted by Liz What do you guys use to get rid of facial hair? Right now I use one of those little razor things that are advertised for the bikini line. sometimes i can't pluck other hairs on my face other than my eyebrows and upper lip cause i can get ingrown hairs. damn, i want laser hair removal. lol

Do you ever wax??? I usually wax and in between appts if I can't wait for it to grow enough to wax, I use the bikini shaver thing. I've done laser on other parts, but the thought of a laser on my face kind of freaks me out.

i was thinking about waxing my upper lip. but i'm just like, eh don't want to go to a salon right now, and pluck them.

There is a waxing kit at Sephora called Poetic Waxing kit or something like that. It is so easy to use. There are none of those strips . You simply melt the wax, smooth it on , wait for a few seconds to harden a bit then pull the wax right off. I can do a better waxing job on my upper lip than any salon could do. Check it out! Plus you are in the comfort of your own home.

Originally Posted by elljmz There is a waxing kit at Sephora called Poetic Waxing kit or something like that. It is so easy to use. There are none of those strips . You simply melt the wax, smooth it on , wait for a few seconds to harden a bit then pull the wax right off. I can do a better waxing job on my upper lip than any salon could do. Check it out! Plus you are in the comfort of your own home.
just remember to apply the wax in the direction in which the hair is growing and peel the the wax in the opposite direction.

also sugaring is still a popular method of hair removal because it works well for those with sensitive skin,its water soluble,and its more comfotable than wax because it adheres to the hair only. hope this helps a bit.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 How does sugaring work? It's pretty much like waxing... except the stuff you are putting on is natural (you could usually eat it - not that you'd want to though lol) and it's got different ingredients.... IIRC - but you still put it on, take a strip, and rip it off.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 Interesting...thanks for telling me, Janelle! I'm pretty sure that's what it is... I mean any sugaring kit I've had or seen was like wax. Some you didn't have to heat up... but the same concept as a wax.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Liz is that what nad's is? Yup... basically! My mom has a new one by them that is different.... almost like Nair. But the original green goo in the tub is more like a sugar.

if you're looking for a sugar wax, you might want to try Sally Hansen's Cold Sugar Wax. I didn't use it on my face, but I liked it because you don't have to microwave it (I always got those microwavable waxes too hot and that hurts!) and it seems to work better and come off easier than the hot waxes I've tried. I'm pretty sure they make a facial hair formula which might be even better for sensitive skin than the regular.... But I just pluck my facial hair (just brows and a few stray black hairs on the chin!) but I have tried waxing other areas!

Originally Posted by elljmz There is a waxing kit at Sephora called Poetic Waxing kit or something like that. It is so easy to use. There are none of those strips . You simply melt the wax, smooth it on , wait for a few seconds to harden a bit then pull the wax right off. I can do a better waxing job on my upper lip than any salon could do. Check it out! Plus you are in the comfort of your own home. Is this the item that you are talking about?
P6878_hero.jpg

If so, I highly recommended. I use it and love it! Doesn't hur too much and doesn't make me break out.

Originally Posted by charms23 How does sugaring work?
Sorry I didnt add more yesturday,but i typed and had to run
icon_smile.gif
..Sugaring is a natural method that uses a sugar paste instead of wax.The difference between wax and sugaring is it is natural 1,2it only adheres to the hair as with the wax adheres to the hair and skin which makes it more painful.Also the wax has to be heated up,where the sugaring can be done at room temp.I offer this method to my cleints who have sensitive skin.

Originally Posted by Naturally SO ..because sugaring doesn't stick to the skin ..it's not as painful? HMMMMM ..might have to look into this. Wax = First time wasn't hard, second time ..you know about it! Yes i know,Hated the swollen red eyebrow look,lolIt is just really easy on your skin,some people like the oooouch of waxing but for the rest of us,this is a nice alt.

I am seriously considering having laser on my face as i can't stand the hair on my face.

But i am really nervous about actually doing it!!

Originally Posted by charms23 Wow that is great info, Gwendolyn! I didn't know that it only sticks to the hair and not the skin. So you said you have clients? what business do you have? Thanks and no prob,here to help
icon_wink.gif

I worked for a spa in boca raton fl,I did facials and waxing,but i also do makeup.Thankfully I'm not that hairy ,only my arms a bit,which my huband always teases me.I dont wax myself though,i like to pluck mine.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Thanks and no prob,here to help
icon_wink.gif
I worked for a spa in boca raton fl,I did facials and waxing,but i also do makeup.Thankfully I'm not that hairy ,only my arms a bit,which my huband always teases me.I dont wax myself though,i like to pluck mine.

Right now iam trying to get together with a partner and with the help of my husband,to start a new business,but like everything elses its a process.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Liz What do you guys use to get rid of facial hair? Right now I use one of those little razor things that are advertised for the bikini line. I've wondered how the "little razor thing" works. I'm afraid to try it because razor usually=stubble, which I don't want on my face.

Originally Posted by Leadfoot I've wondered how the "little razor thing" works. I'm afraid to try it because razor usually=stubble, which I don't want on my face. yeah, there is stubble. sometimes it doesn't cut the hair really low to the skin like you'd want.

i did check out the laser hair removal option. it seems that people of color might not get the desired result. because the laser looks for a contrast between the hair and skin, in people of color it my target melanin deposits in the skin and cause hyperpigmentation. they could use a lower concentration of light, but then you'll need to go back more often for treatments. the average cost was about $160 us per treatment. my complexion would be considered honey or copper.

Originally Posted by Bhav I am seriously considering having laser on my face as i can't stand the hair on my face.But i am really nervous about actually doing it!!

Latest posts

Back