Facial Highlighters for African American women

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wanted to know if there are some good facial highlighters that can help contour the face that complement african american women.

Thanx!

cat.gif

this sounds weird, but try it. if i want to highlight on darker skin, i will use "light" blot powder by mac. its very sheer and on nw43-55 skin it looks really subtle. ill also use deep dark or dark blot on pale skin as a contour, because again, its so sheer, the color payoff is very natural and makes for a great matte sublte contour. on dec 26th mac will be releasing its new sculpt and shape powders. yum. also nov 15th essence of beauty will be released with some great highlighting powders and studio lights creams so add a sculpted glow to the face.

I agree, Some of the MAC msf's or the Jane knockoffs would probably look quite nice =)

ArtistryByErin

You're a professional makeup artist?

Cool!

Maybe you can give me some more tips.

essence of beauty?

I'll look that up.

I use Loreal Hip bronzers they work really good and dont leave you looking all glittery.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif whats the purpose of a highlighter? they're supposed to give that natural "glow" that seems to be the in thing in makeup now. i haven't found one that looks natural to me yet, but i'm working with aging skin so i have to be careful. things tend to want to settle into those tiny lines!
i never thought about trying a blot powder, though! sounds very interesting! thanks for the tip, erin!

hm..so wouldnt a bronzer also double as a highlighter since bronzers gives people a glow?

I dont even understand what I am saying..hm..but i am a dunce at makeup so..

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif hm..so wouldnt a bronzer also double as a highlighter since bronzers gives people a glow?

Depends... Some bronzers are matte. But, you can use them to contour.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif hm..so wouldnt a bronzer also double as a highlighter since bronzers gives people a glow?

think of bronzer as giving a sun kissed look and highlighter more of an illuminating glow. the hightlighter seems more like a shimmer to me. i hope that makes sense and i haven't confused you even more! lol~

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Would bronzer really even show up if you wanted to contour? (same color as jennifer hudson) i actually use a bronzer to set my liquid foundation and i think it shows up well. it just doesn't give that tanned look like you'd see on a person with a more fair skintone. if i wanted that look i'd go with a bit darker bronzer.

Latest posts

Back