Facial Peels

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to the forum and need some help from the (many) knowledgeable women here. I recently bought Neutrogena's Facial Peel and used it once without any problems. I'd like to use a clay mask afterwards to lift out the impurities in my pores and possibly even a facial scrub to get rid of any remaining dead skin cells but I'm afraid that neither may be a good idea after a facial peel. Does anyone know what kind of products, if any, can be used after a facial peel and if not, how long I should wait afterwards until I use a mask or scrub?

Thanks!

Hey there!!

Well my experience is that you should be careful with what you put on after a skin peel.I put on a acne treatment gel after a green clay mask once, and got a rash, and the same happened a few weeks before that, when I put the same gel on after a microdermison peel. It took days for my skin to recover.(I have sensitive skin)

I have learned my lesson.Never doing that again
icon_confused.gif

I was recommended to put a moisture mask on after a peel.I bought Lancome`s Hydra intese. Or you can put a serum on before your day/night cream.

The skin pores are open so it is best to put on a cream with lot of moisture, plant extracts or somethings which will feed the skin and make it "heal".

This worked for me, but I am sure you will get some better advices from other members here!:icon_love

It's just the drugstore Neutrogena peel. I thought perhaps a toner or mask afterwards may make skin look better but it may be a bit much so I'll wait. Thanks for your help!
smile.gif

Hi there!

I do esthetics and Kim is right...you should definately space it out... one day do the peel and a couple days later do the other mask. It depends on what you are trying to achieve...I would recommend doing mask or peel once a week for 10 weeks. and then alternate with your other product.

Good luck

Moneeka

Hi and welcome to the forums=)

Ok first the majority of drugstore peels aren't too strong, but regardless you definitly don't want to use a scrub or mask after. Although if you want to use a mask you should probably use it the day before you plan on giving yourself a gentle peel or scrub. If you're doing a strong peel then you can skip it. Although I don't think nuetrogena make's strong peels I'm guessing it uses 10- 15% the most.

I primarily use microdermabrasion because I get the most results with it, so if you're looking for a facial scrub definitly try a home microdermabrasion, they work great and there's no need for a fancy facial brush or salon visit, as your fingers are just as sufficient if not more. The general rule is not to use any glycolic acid, or AHA products until 2-3 days after. So you might want to do a microdermabrasion facial scrub, then 3 days later do your peel. If your skin is sensitive you might even want to just do the peel every 2 weeks or so, just see how your skin feels.

Hope this helps=)

Originally Posted by Salope Hi everyone,
I'm relatively new to the forum and need some help from the (many) knowledgeable women here. I recently bought Neutrogena's Facial Peel and used it once without any problems. I'd like to use a clay mask afterwards to lift out the impurities in my pores and possibly even a facial scrub to get rid of any remaining dead skin cells but I'm afraid that neither may be a good idea after a facial peel. Does anyone know what kind of products, if any, can be used after a facial peel and if not, how long I should wait afterwards until I use a mask or scrub?

Thanks!

Back