Facialbuilding

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Blondtgr Okay, let's see if I have this straight-So what she's saying is that in order for repeated movement to create a line, your skin has to be pretty old/not as strong as it used to be. So, if you beef up the muscles in your face, it makes it stronger underneath to hold up the skin and prevent it from wrinkling just from movement, or otherwise. It rejuvenates your skin from the inside out, basically. It's different from a face lift, because you're firming it up instead of making it taut.

Does that make sense?

It makes a lot of sense to me! That sounds awesome. How exactly do you accomplish that though? exercises?

All facial muscle is capable of building (increased muscle density) regardless of age or amount of skin damage. But, the amount of sun damage will play out as to how well the skin responds to the training. Sun damage is not just the wrinkling of skin and age spots etc. The sun can completely destroy cells. When I say destroy, I mean GONE. Facialbuilding cannot bring back the dead LOL This is not to say that the skin of a person with sever sun damage will not improve, it most definitely will.... If there were no cells left, there would be no skin.
You asked how is this is done:<O
tongue.gif

Facialbuilding calls for the use of your hands to first elongate the facial muscle before contracting it. This is the only way to increase muscle density.<O
tongue.gif

Example: If you were caring a heavy bag of wet sand (arm down) you are elongating the bicep muscle. If you then start lifting the bag waist high…you know the rest.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I saw an infomercial on something you put in your mouth (it had two c shaped ends that go around the corner of the mouth) and you sqeeze it together with your mouth muscles... like the way your mouth moves when you say "e" and then "O"... and supposedly it tightened up your face muscles ... but I dont know if this is the same thing..
icon_wink.gif
The device you mentioned is called Facial Flex. It started out as a tool used in physical therapy. Very effective in building the mouth. However, they’ve overstated what it is capable of doing.
Muscle can only PULL it cannot PUSH. There is only one muscle that draws (PULLING) the mouth into a pucker (Orbicularis Oris) this is what you are doing when using the device.

Facial muscles terminate into one another, for this reason when using the device it gives the appearance that the other muscles are also being built. WRONG
icon_rolleyes.gif
… the other facial muscles are simply going along for the ride. No different than seeing the tricep move when building the bicep. If you don’t go after the tricep itself, it’s not going to build.

Originally Posted by K*O* Hi PC4, Im Karen from New York, welcome aboard., I'm as curious as Liz, what is facial building ?? Like Deb said "Facialbuilding is simply an extension of Bodybuilding"

It's a way to keep the face from going south (firm and full)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

BTW Deb is the originator of Facialbuilding ... started in 1979.

Originally Posted by PC4 Like Deb said "Facialbuilding is simply an extension of Bodybuilding"
It's a way to keep the face from going south (firm and full)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

BTW Deb is the originator of Facialbuilding ... started in 1979.

Hey guys how goes the war?

If you're still confused... Got a test for you.

First: Check the thickness of your cheek by pinching the cheek; thumb in mouth / index outside) try to make a mental note.

Here is an exercise to do for one week. After a week, check the thickness again.

CHEEK PRESS – ADV pg.110

Target Area: Lower cheek area

Purpose: Firms and fill hollow of cheeks

Exercise:<O
tongue.gif
</O
tongue.gif

Place your left thumb inside your mouth against the center of your right cheek. Pull the cheek away from teeth and hold in place. Contract the muscle by trying to draw cheek back to teeth. Repeat on other side.

Hold for a count of 6. Repeat 10 times.

Note: in time as your cheek becomes stronger, you may want to support the thumb by locking index finger of opposite hand behind thumb.

Muscles Used: Buccinator

Function: Draws cheek to teeth

<O
tongue.gif

Copyright material: Consent given by FlexEffect

Again, give it all ya got every day for a week. You'll be shocked at the change in thickness.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

WOW this sounds amazing! Welcome to MUT PC4
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I am always interested in innovative products and things that work to make one look and feel younger. I have a cleao 2 facial exerciser. Is it similar to this only more aggressive? I want to know more.I am fascinated! Thanks for sharing that with us.

Originally Posted by Pauline

WOW this sounds amazing! Welcome to MUT PC4
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I am always interested in innovative products and things that work to make one look and feel younger. I have a cleao 2 facial excersisor. Is it similar to this only more aggressive? Do you have a website? I want to know more.I am fasinated!

Pauline, we don't allow users to link websites from regular posts it's against our rules/regs. You can PM them
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Pauline, we don't allow users to link websites from regular posts it's against our rules/regs. You can PM them
wink.gif
OOOppps Sorry Tony, i wasn't thinking!(red face) Silly Me!!! I will PM her. I was a little excited, please accept my sincere apologies. I shall go and edit that out. Thanks for letting me know.

Originally Posted by Pauline WOW this sounds amazing! Welcome to MUT PC4
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I am always interested in innovative products and things that work to make one look and feel younger. I have a cleao 2 facial exerciser. Is it similar to this only more aggressive? I want to know more.I am fascinated! Thanks for sharing that with us. Hi Pauline,

I'm not familiar with a cleao 2... is it an electrical device? FlexEffect calls for the use of your hands to apply resistance. It's very aggressive training. Some Facialbuilders in the beginning have a hard time with the idea of handling their face to such an extent, but they get over it soon enough
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Let me know how that exercise works for you.

Originally Posted by PC4 Hi Pauline,
I'm not familiar with a cleao 2... is it an electrical device? FlexEffect calls for the use of your hands to apply resistance. It's very aggressive training. Some Facialbuilders in the beginning have a hard time with the idea of handling their face to such an extent, but they get over it soon enough
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Let me know how that exercise works for you.

I'm doing it right now! lol I like how you use your hands, and there's no 'gimmick' to buy! Nice!
claps.gif

Ps... and yep! my cheeks feel like they've just been at the gym!
wink.gif

This is very festive, I did the cheek thing now my cheeks feel weird, lol

I would love to know more about this for around the eye area.

Photos of Deb Crowley Founder of FlexEffect

“Part of her question was "I am looking to use something to thicken my sunken eye area"

Take a look at the top lids. The top lids are nothing but muscle with skin over them that's why we can scrunch them shut and pull them completely back when we open wide. They can become extremely thick if a person to willing to train them with some serious resistance.

Look at Deb’s lids in this photo at age 50 this one was taken at a seminar in SF

flexfa1.jpg

found on this page

http://www.flexeffect.com/flexfaq.htm

Now look at her lids at age 52. The newspaper took this one for an article about Facialbuilding.

debchin.jpg

Found on this link

http://www.flexeffect.com/exercise.htm

Back