Family Ties castmember gets 2 years probation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
BOULDER, Colorado (AP) -- Brian Bonsall, who played Andy Keaton in "Family Ties," pleaded guilty to third-degree assault in a case involving his girlfriend and was sentenced to two years' probation, prosecutors said.

Three other charges against Bonsall, 25, were dismissed under a plea agreement entered on Friday. He was arrested in March after his girlfriend told police he poured an alcoholic drink on her face while she slept, put her in a choke hold and threw her onto a bed when she tried to leave.

Bonsall told investigators he pushed her down in self-defense after she cut his arm and face with a steak knife. She denied the claim and wasn't charged in the case.

Bonsall's lawyer, Paul McCormick, said Bonsall went through a 30-day rehab program and has been sober for over five months. Prosecutor Peter Maguire said Bonsall has been compliant with sobriety monitoring.

McCormick said Bonsall, who is working in construction and playing in a band, has gotten back together with his girlfriend and they are in couples counseling.

Bonsall appeared in three seasons of "Family Ties," the NBC sitcom that helped launch Michael J. Fox's career in the 1980s. He later appeared in episodes of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and the 1993 film "Father Hood.

'Family Ties' cast member gets 2 years' probation - CNN.com

brian2.jpg
441188137_ba146d1c2d.jpg

man, all those child stars are so messed up when they get older...

Oh no. I loved the show Family Ties! I barely remember this kid though... it's a shame what happened, thats messed up.

On a side note I'm really not a fan of the double lip piercing look. One is ok (sometimes hot), more than that looks a little unnecessary IMO. But to each his own.

Quote:
On a side note I'm really not a fan of the double lip piercing look. One is ok (sometimes hot), more than that looks a little unnecessary IMO. But to each his own. LOL It's funny how everyone looks at things differently. The first thing that came to my head when I saw that picture was 'I love the snakebites!'
I don't remember that kid from Family Ties.

Originally Posted by TheOpenRoad /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh no. I loved the show Family Ties! I barely remember this kid though... it's a shame what happened, thats messed up.
On a side note I'm really not a fan of the double lip piercing look. One is ok (sometimes hot), more than that looks a little unnecessary IMO. But to each his own.

I thought they were fangs, lol

Originally Posted by dixiewolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif I thought they were fangs, lol Haha, I thought they were fangs too.
laughing.gif

That's sad. He looked so cute on the show. Is his current picture he looks like a vampire, just missing the cape.

Latest posts

Back