Fashion Model Falls in Hole on Runway

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You really mean to tell me that she didn't see it when she walked into the runway?

Link to video

Good for her that she was wearing panties.

She's a model, she isn't supposed to be looking down, so I can totally see why she didn't see the hole. And it's a runway, there aren't supposed to be holes in it! It was from that dumb dude that did a backflip and put a hole in it!

Wow, poor woman, she was most likely injured, she didn't even finish her catwalk! In modeling the are a lot of occupational hazards, but I didn't know falling through holes was one of them. >;<

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif She's a model, she isn't supposed to be looking down, so I can totally see why she didn't see the hole. And it's a runway, there aren't supposed to be holes in it! It was from that dumb dude that did a backflip and put a hole in it! Not look down but looking ahead. I don't know.

That blows! According to what Tyra says, she probably should've kept on going as if nothing happened! (Which would be REALLY hard to do!)

Someone should have stopped the show long enough to tell the girls coming out about it. I hate how America is the land of lawsuits but if she sued over this I wouldn't think one thing about it. It's just 2 steps out and with the photography flashing and lights on her I am sure she would never see it coming.

Ouch! That must have hurt alot! But I agree with the panties comment that would have been embarrasing!

when i saw this i thought, even if your looking straight you tend to see things from the corner, side or lower eye as well!!! and it sucked how she fell but then i thought about that show on vh1 about are models smart?!! LOL!!!

Originally Posted by makeupfreak72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif when i saw this i thought, even if your looking straight you tend to see things from the corner, side or lower eye as well!!! and it sucked how she fell but then i thought about that show on vh1 about are models smart?!! LOL!!! That show is too much. I am a total Mandy Lynn fan though.

ouch,, i feel sorry for her...

I'm not too sure how badly she was hurt, but if she wasn't i think she should have still kept walking(even if it would be a lousy job) Cause her job is to show off the clothing and thats exactly what she didn't do. Plus, if she did, it would have looked really impressive on her part.

Originally Posted by usersassychick0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif ouch,, i feel sorry for her...I'm not too sure how badly she was hurt, but if she wasn't i think she should have still kept walking(even if it would be a lousy job) Cause her job is to show off the clothing and thats exactly what she didn't do. Plus, if she did, it would have looked really impressive on her part.

I thought about that too. Should she have kept walking? While yes it was part of her job I have to say it was a huge part of her employer's responsibility to provide a safe place for her to do that job. I bet her hips ended up extremely bruised if not gashed and it probably hurt pretty bad. I don't think that it was the same thing as when they fall wearing the skyscraper shoes. Yes it's like a high five when they get up and laugh it off and keep going. This is a different situation alltogether. I have a feeling it hurt like a mutha and she didn't feel like walking after her legs plunged 4 feet straight down in heels while her hips and tail scraped through 3 inch thick plywood.

Wow that's quite a hole there... she must have been definitely hurt. I think it's irresponsible from the ones in charge not to warn the models about the hole.

I used to be in a model agency and once when we were doing a show we got warned that there was a cable going across the beginning of the runway so we wouldn't trip on it. Plus I agree you are indeed looking forward not down, it's quite a big hole but I remember a time when the lights shining on my face were so damn bright that I couldn't even see where the runway ended. I had to turn around, probably prematurely for fear or walking off the runway and falling lol.

I agree though it would have been awesome if the had finished the catwalk.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif That blows! According to what Tyra says, she probably should've kept on going as if nothing happened! (Which would be REALLY hard to do!) Hi,
She probably hurt herself which would explain why she didn't continue.
10.gif
The organizers/owners will be very lucky if the model doesn't sue them.

Latest posts

Back