Fatigue - how much is normal?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently, whenever my period comes i get so fatigued that i don't feel like working out or doing much at all!

take today for example: all i did was lie on my couch reading all day (thank god i had the luxury of that) and i took a nap that lasted for 7 hours!

Is this fatigue normal?

Wow that is quite a nap! I tend to get fatigued before and during my period, and I also have chronic fatigue so I know how it feels. It could just be stress, hormones, the flu, or some other minor problem, but it could also be something more serious. If it continues make sure you see a doctor. I hope you feel better soon!!

I wouldn't think that was normal unless you were very sleep-deprived or sick! I would recommend mentioning it to a doctor or your gyno if this continues to happen every month. Especially since it recently started happening -- changes in your period or PMS symptoms can indicate a hormone imbalance, and lots of other things can affect your period (I know weight gain or loss, exercise, and stress can all affect the regularity of your cycle...) so it may be a symptom of something else.

sometimes fatigue is the sign of vitamin deficiency. how is your b vitamin intake?

Originally Posted by sugersoul Recently, whenever my period comes i get so fatigued that i don't feel like working out or doing much at all!
take today for example: all i did was lie on my couch reading all day (thank god i had the luxury of that) and i took a nap that lasted for 7 hours!

Is this fatigue normal?

Originally Posted by monniej sometimes fatigue is the sign of vitamin deficiency. how is your b vitamin intake? hmmm you could be right! cause i have never taken a vitamin, i think i should start!

I also get fatigue during my time of the month,i wish i could sleep,but i drag around.I dont take vitamins,so maybe i should
smile.gif

A nap for 7 hrs??? Whoa, I think you went into a coma !!! Something doesn't sound right with that...Go get a physical and have some blood work done - you could have Epstein-Barr... I always would get a burst of energy before my period, I would be cleaning the house like a lunatic !!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back