Fav. EyeShadow Trio

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite Eyeshadow Trio or quad pack in the neutral browns and also for the smokey look?! I always seem to like 1 or 2 of the colors but I would love the ease of them all being in the same container.

Neutral Brown Trio:

Smokey Eye Trio:

Originally Posted by DallasGirl What is everyone's favorite Eyeshadow Trio or quad pack in the neutral browns and also for the smokey look?! I always seem to like 1 or 2 of the colors but I would love the ease of them all being in the same container.
Neutral Brown Trio:

Smokey Eye Trio:

I like the revlon's color stay quads - they have pretty shades and all seem to work well with each other - plus they last all day on me.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by DallasGirl What is everyone's favorite Eyeshadow Trio or quad pack in the neutral browns and also for the smokey look?! I always seem to like 1 or 2 of the colors but I would love the ease of them all being in the same container.
Neutral Brown Trio:

Smokey Eye Trio:

neutrals hhm i have so many of those but my fave quad is my revlon wet/dry shadows - in the buff
smokey is harder i havent used anything really in a quad or trio. but i have used darker browns for my smokey eyes my fave is blue brown or green brown pigments with naked lunch pigment on browbones or a purple/plum smokey eye with naked lunch washed star violet on lid and trax on crease and outter V (those are MAC shadows)

For a neutral brown trio, I like Physician's Formula Baked Trio in Baked Sugar or Baked Sand. For a smokey eye, the Baked Trio in Baked Smokes is my favorite! I really like the Physician's Formula trios - they're the only pre-made trios I own.

i've always been tempted to get those. hhhm i might just have to get some of their shadows i LOVE their other products

For trio's... I'm really liking the NYX trio's. I have 2 of them... one is actually neutral browns and the other is smoky! Go figure! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I found them in a local drugstore - but they are great! last just as long as my MAC's! (and only $2.99 a trio!) :icon_love

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 For trio's... I'm really liking the NYX trio's. I have 2 of them... one is actually neutral browns and the other is smoky! Go figure! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I found them in a local drugstore - but they are great! last just as long as my MAC's! (and only $2.99 a trio!) :icon_love i have to find a place that sells those.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i have to find a place that sells those. I didn't know of anyplace around here until I went into this one drugstore and saw they sold the entire line! :icon_love Now I think I might have to try some of their other colors! I liked how the trio's come w/ colors that go w/ each other... they have a really nice blue one I might try next - comes with a light pastel blue, a sky blue and a navy... their trio's all compliment each other w/ the shades in them... really nice!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i have to find a place that sells those. I did a Google search and found them online: http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/index.htm
Their trios are $7 online so I guess Janelle's drugstore was having a sale!

This one looks fun, I don't have any peach shadows yet and I hear peach is a good color for blue eyes:

Set Number 24

trioSet24.jpg

Shimmer; Peach; Copper

To answer the original question, the only trio/quad I have that I like very much is L'Oreal's Wear Infinite quad in Earthscapes, it has some nice warm browns and nudes. But my e/s collection is still pretty small
wink.gif

Really? They're $7 online?? Weird, the sticker that they have stuck to the shelf is $2.99 - not on sale. Guess I'll be buying them there from now on! (Also b/c I didn't see them anywhere else anyway!) lol

wow they have a lot of cute shades.

i saw some cute trios from stila and smashbox online.

I like how NYX has so many colors for all their products... even in mascara and liner!
smile.gif
I wonder if the pearl powders are like pigments? Hmmm! :icon_love

If you can score one of the most recent quads from MAC from the Diana collection I highly recommend it. Its awesome for a neutral day look and then you can add one of their shadows for a smokey effect.

There are the colors in the quad:

Shroom - Pink-frost buff (Satin)

Showstopper - Soft smoked black (Matte)

Flipside - Softly shimmering gold/brass (Frost)

Dancemix - Kicky coral pink aura (Matte)

HTH!

MAC pre-made palettes are great for variety and to get a feel for what you want in your own palette. MAC will have a Nordstrom Anniversary exclusive palettes coming up in June or July. The warm palettes usually have good neutrals and browns. Maybe check that out later, and then when you run out, buy the MAC e/s in pan form and make your own palette, like Trisha recommended!

ANOTHER nordies exclusive?! that's not fair! lol. are they quads or are they like the holiday collection where there were 6 shadows?

LOL, MAC and Nordies are in cahoots.
icon_twisted.gif
It would be like the holiday collection with like six shadows. They will also have lip palettes.

You can still see one of the last year's palette here: (this is the cool palette: http://store.nordstrom.com/product/p...tyleID=2844482

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 ANOTHER nordies exclusive?! that's not fair! lol. are they quads or are they like the holiday collection where there were 6 shadows?

Originally Posted by wongy74 MAC pre-made palettes are great for variety and to get a feel for what you want in your own palette. MAC will have a Nordstrom Anniversary exclusive palettes coming up in June or July. The warm palettes usually have good neutrals and browns. Maybe check that out later, and then when you run out, buy the MAC e/s in pan form and make your own palette, like Trisha recommended! Yup, I agree! You can make your own palettes at the MAC store or at any Stila counter.
Hard Candy makes some fun quads too -- I love Techno for the smoky eyes (they have one color that's really similiar to MAC's Black Tied).

Oh, speaking of June/July... MAC will be coming out with new brush sets this summer. Be on the look out!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Yup, I agree! You can make your own palettes at the MAC store or at any Stila counter.
Hard Candy makes some fun quads too -- I love Techno for the smoky eyes (they have one color that's really similiar to MAC's Black Tied).

Oh, speaking of June/July... MAC will be coming out with new brush sets this summer. Be on the look out!

brush sets? probably nothing i don't already have lol but i will be on the lookout for those.

i heard that the brush sets are like pinstripes and plaid maybe other prints.you know how they had the colored handles and stuff...

Latest posts

Back