Favorite Beauty Subsciption

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

i started this new thread because I'm interested in starting a new subscription thats towards more of a mixture of beauty products so i would like to know what do you girls suggest. help me out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm currently subscribed to 

BirchBox

Julep

BeautyFix ( going to cancel after my first box)

what are your favorites :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

My favorite is Birchbox.

Month-to-month - in order of favorite to least.

1. Birchbox
  2. Beauty Bar
  3. Beauty Army (slipped from #2 to #3)
  4. MyGlam
  5. Julep (the smell of the polishes have given me headaches)
  6. The Look Bag (cancelled)
  7. Beauty Box 5 (cancelled)
  8. Eco-Emi (cancelled)

Quarterly

1. Beautyfix
  2. QVC Test Tube
  3. Test Tube

that seems to be my order too i signed up for thelookbag the other day and canceled because i freaked out after hearing everyones stories on youtube and reading everyones stories on here :/ 

I'm going towards the beauty bar one also only sucks cause its mostly skin care but definitely worth a try , thanks !!

Well, let's just say I'm subscribed to every monthly beauty box under the sun right now (except for the super scam ones like GGG or Makeup Monthly), and my favorites are:
1. Eco Emi (My favorite because I'm trying to embrace a more natural / organic lifestyle, and I love the products that come in the box)

2. My Glam (I usually end up using everything in my box)

3. Birchbox (Just for the points system - I think they need to make the various boxes people can get more equitable in value however -- since there seems to be some boxes which have high ticket full size items while other boxes have super tiny samples worth nothing)

My favorite has hands-down been the QVC New Beauty Test Tube. I love that it consistently covers all the bases of makeup, skincare, and haircare and always has a really high value for the actual cost.

Birchbox is also my favorite! I'm waiting to get a 2nd sub for Birchbox as I love the variety of samples and boxes! I end up using EVERYTHING in all my boxes!

My next favorite is Sample Society by BeautyBar. At first I was shocked by the $16/month price (I pay $1 for tax in NJ), but the stackable coupon codes and the upscale brands featured in the last 2 boxes (Dermatologica, Ren, DDF, Frederic Fekkai, etc) is well worth it!

yes my favorite is alsoooo birchbox i just love it don't have one complaint for it i love this months box also , how would a second subscription work ?? like what if you get the same samples :/ thats what i worry for. 

& i give in I'm going to try out sample society :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> can't wait first box ships in May1 

THANKS!!

How does the point system work for birchbox i never knew about that. and i would definitely look into ecoemi i like organic things also :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, let's just say I'm subscribed to every monthly beauty box under the sun right now (except for the super scam ones like GGG or Makeup Monthly), and my favorites are:
1. Eco Emi (My favorite because I'm trying to embrace a more natural / organic lifestyle, and I love the products that come in the box)

2. My Glam (I usually end up using everything in my box)

3. Birchbox (Just for the points system - I think they need to make the various boxes people can get more equitable in value however -- since there seems to be some boxes which have high ticket full size items while other boxes have super tiny samples worth nothing)

I'm still confused about the beauty test tube , I've seen some awesome reviews on it though , but I'm still considering it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My favorite has hands-down been the QVC New Beauty Test Tube. I love that it consistently covers all the bases of makeup, skincare, and haircare and always has a really high value for the actual cost.

Nessax, there is an entire group devoted to Birchbox. There are FAQs and info on the points system along with monthly box posts.

thank you ! I'm upset i missed out for the last 2 months so i lost my points for those months that I've been subscribed to , but i definitely got this months thanks girls !!

Originally Posted by Nessax3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm still confused about the beauty test tube , I've seen some awesome reviews on it though , but I'm still considering it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There are 2 versions of the Test Tube - New Beauty's and QVC's New Beauty's. The QVC one provides QVC products but the same New Beauty magazine as the New Beauty Test Tube. Both are quarterly and cost about the same ($30) plus S&H. I subscribe to both and find both enjoyable and providing a range of products to try. I like that it comes with a magazine as I'm sucker for beauty/health publications but also that I can try QVC products (addicted to infomercial type of shows) but also the New Beauty version for products I've never heard of or haven't tried.

if you sign up for New Beauty Test Tube, they'll charge you quarterly. If you go through QVC you have the option of purchasing a one-time tube or signing up for the auto-delivery quarterly shipment.

I've only recently started doing the subscriptions but I'm enjoying it so much! I like Birchbox but am definitely seeing where there is  criticism on how the boxes are put together and the values that are provided as I know everyone wants to get something amazing in their box. I think if boards like this didn't exist, it may not be as noticeable in the value ranges of the boxes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I love the feedback and seeing what everyone got. Plus, what I don't use goes in gift boxes or hand-me-ups to my mom as she would never splurge on this type of activity (too frugal).

I found Sample Society to be decent too. I like what they offer on the BeautyBar.com store, plus the $15 off of $50 purchase. Plus the opportunity to stack codes. Everyone likes a good deal. Plus the samples are pretty good in size and quality. They just need to add in cosmetic items to round out the offerings and I think more people would be over the moon for this one.

I do both the New Beauty and QVC NB Test Tube. I like both and haven't been disappointed yet.

I have tried BeautyFix but with the promo code (brings price down from $49.99 to $19.99 for first box) and it was fun to pick out deluxe and/or full-size products to try. I think the hard part for me, though it's only quarterly, is the $49.99 price. Especially when I had trouble picking out 8 samples from the good number of items on the list. I think it's a good sub but not sure if its for me long term.

Also doing Julep. Into the 3-Free polish craze now. I don't have a lot of polishes in my collection so I'm enjoying it, but once the dups start coming, I think it'll loose its luster with me.

I subscribe to CraveBox, BirchBox, and MyGlam.

CraveBox is my favorite hands down. Most products are full size or large sample size and a great variety of products.

MyGlam and BirchBox are about equal for me. I have found more products that I like, and plan to purchase in the future from MyGlam. BirchBox seems to send me products that I am not interested in at all - I double checked my profile and it accurately reflects my preferences. My other complaint with BirchBox is that the samples are so tiny - a sample of 3 ml is not enough to try out a skin care product. At a minimum, a seven day supply should be provided. Nearly all of my products from BirchBox have been skincare items and perfume.

ETA: I get Julep also but I am canceling this month. For me, the polish chips too easily.

My favorite subscription is Birchbox.  I've gotten 5 boxes from them and only one of them has not been good.  Granted, I haven't gotten the full size or high priced items, but I've been happy with everything that I have gotten except for this month.

I got a free Love With Food box, and I honestly was only going to get the free box and then cancel, but I loved it!  I will keep this one for a while.  It's fun.

I liked BeautyBar, but I have enough skin care products so I cancelled after my second box.

I've tried and cancelled BeautyArmy, The Look Bag, Beautyfix, and Sindulge.  I loved the concept of BeautyArmy, but I just wasn't impressed with any of the products that I could choose from for my second box - no matter how many times I re-did the profile.  I've seen that they are getting new products, but I still haven't been able to get anything good to come up for me so I haven't repurchased.  I love their CS and Nancy Lee on FB though!  The Look Bag was ok, but I would rather spend that $10 on another Birchbox.  Sindulge was a complete and utter waste of time.  If I wouldn't have gotten a box for free, I would have been very angry over the long wait times and the crap that they sent me.  Beautyfix didn't have products that "wowwed" me, and 2 of the items on their website were listed at the wrong size (they have fixed it, but I chose one of them and was so disappointed).  $50 per quarter was just too much money for me to spend on something that I wasn't overly impressed with. 

I just ordered my first QVC Test Tube and I'm excited to try that!  It shipped today!  I also won a free Glossybox and if I like that, I'll probably try it for at least a month or two.  $21 is too spendy, so I don't see myself keeping it for too long.  I also got a free Conscious Box last month, and while it was fun, I really have no use for 75% of the items in the box so I won't be ordering that one.

*Edited to add that I think I'm going to try White Apricot's Green Grab Bag!  I've heard great things about it and it sounds fun.  I also tried MyGlam and I was not impressed.

I'm only subscribed to 2...beauty army and myglam. Myglam probably beats out Beauty Army. I have liked and tried more things from Myglam, and it's cheaper. Beauty army frustrates me for only letting me choose from certain items, not taking certain items out of my window no matter what I choose, refusing to change their model, etc. I think the only thing I haven't used from myglam is: the premier samples I received. With beauty army, I don't use my befine night cream, my cellceuticals scrub, hell even my eyeshadows I hardly use because they are more sheer than all of my other shadows. There are things I like about both: the beauty army box, the myglam bag, both are affordable..one I get to choose and one I don't. Beauty army sizes are better most of the time. But what's the point in a big size of something that I don't want or will not use. I've subscribed to sindulge, for the free box and didn't really enjoy it. I may use the tiny samples I got, but the only thing I use from that free box is the pixi eye pen which I love. I got the love with food box for free...didn't enjoy it and don't see mysel falling in love with anything from it. I got my platinum box for my bf...free month and I cancelled it because it was pretty bad. I've subscribed to Julep maven for the free months and really liked the boxes I got, but wouldn't pay $20 for it. And I got a Beautyfix box at the discounted price and LOVED it. I may repurchase, if I have the money at a later date. I think that's all I've tried though

My favorite is Birchbox too. I was subscribed to Beauty Army for 2 months but cancelled due to the lack of brands I am interested in. Just subscribed to Sample Society (what is 3 more dollars) looking forward to my first box!!! Would love to get the QVC quarterly box as well!

Thank you so much girls for giving me such information so far I'm definitely going to keep birchbox and myglam, you guys are so right these darn things are so addicting , I just signed up for samplesociety the other day so my first box will ship in may I'm excited to get that one ! I ordered a BEAUTYFIX box it should be here tomorrow , I wanted to cancel right after but the lady said that somehow my account doesn't look like its in automatic so supposedly I won't be charged unless I order it myself ? I guess I'll watch out for that because 50$ is way too much anyways even though it's quarterly but I still don't feel like their products is going to satisfy me or I won't put much to use I want to try the QVC test tube also , how would I go about doing that? And that's great @Wida I wish I could've win a glossybox let me know how that goes I'm excited for you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />!!

Latest posts

Back