Favorite Facial Cleanser??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello there, I was just wondering what everyones using and what products they like for Face wash..

I enjoy the Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser. I use it daily without any problems. I have had fantastic results using the Clean and Clear sensitive formula. It does not dry out my face.

Just a side note: I would avoid Proactive unless you absolutely need to use it. If you have trouble with acne, try washing your face twice a day.

I also use Face Masque Bar's Moroccan red clay masque.

I use and rotate on a regular basis:

Philosophy Purity in original formula (takes off EL Double Wear and eye makeup)

EL Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser

Mario Badescu Keratoplast Cleanser (not safe for eyes)

Urban Decay Meltdown MU Remover when I'm rocking serious eye make up

Caudalie Gentle Cleanser - almost too gentle!

I DON'T use Fresh - something in their ingredients gives me folliculitis.

I started using Neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser a few years ago and i really like it. After using it you feel like your face really is clean from all make-ups dirt or oil. You also get a cooling and tightening feel after you rinse it off. I find when I don't wash my face with this stuff it gets oily feeling and I get acne flare ups, I live by this stuff its sooooo great!

I've always liked the acne cleansers,.  I don't really break out that much and these types of cleanser seem to really help keep it minimal

I use Clinique liquid facial soap (oily skin formula) at night and Origins Checks and Balances in the morning both with my clarisonic. Love them both!

At this point, I'm liking the Shu green cleansing oil. I have 3 other Shu cleansing oils to try. Sorta splurging on these right now. I liked DHC DCO just fine until I tried the Shu green one.

I love Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. Its leaves my skin so soft. The only downside of it is it has a filmy feel to it...so it makes you wonder if it is actually cleansing thoroughly. I wouldnt use it if you wear foundation and face makeup everyday..it might not take all of it off. But on no makeup days, it is wonderful. 

While I switch around my cleansers (right now, I'm trying to use up some of the various samples I have), I simply ADORE my Olay Pro-X cleansing brush. Yeah, I'm too cheap to go for the Clarisonic, and I got frustrated waiting for the CVS version of this to arrive (all my local stores were out of them), so I ordered the Olay. It just feels so dang good! (Plus, it's helped a TON with my blackheads!)

I tried that brush when I was trying to find a cheaper alternative to the Clarisonic. I still say thought that nothing even comes close to the way the clarisonic cleans your face. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love one. I just can't quite justify dropping half a car payment on one at this point :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aveda Outer Peace foaming cleanser!  OMG can't say enough about how awesome this is.  I started using it 6 months ago and not a single zit since!!!!!  It is pricey (about $23) but sometimes you can find deals on ebay. 

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

While I switch around my cleansers (right now, I'm trying to use up some of the various samples I have), I simply ADORE my Olay Pro-X cleansing brush. Yeah, I'm too cheap to go for the Clarisonic, and I got frustrated waiting for the CVS version of this to arrive (all my local stores were out of them), so I ordered the Olay. It just feels so dang good! (Plus, it's helped a TON with my blackheads!)
Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'd love one. I just can't quite justify dropping half a car payment on one at this point :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
lol! I think im going to have to take a looksy at this Olay Pro-X cleansing brush! Thanks!

Originally Posted by amythompson172 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello there, I was just wondering what everyones using and what products they like for Face wash..

I enjoy the Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser. I use it daily without any problems. I have had fantastic results using the Clean and Clear sensitive formula. It does not dry out my face.

Just a side note: I would avoid Proactive unless you absolutely need to use it. If you have trouble with acne, try washing your face twice a day.

I also use Face Masque Bar's Moroccan red clay masque.
I generally have issues with acne so I use two cleaners. Acne treating one twice a day, deep clean once.

Equate Oil free Acne wash and Burt's Bees Deep cleansing cream.

The Equate one tends to dry out my face so I use the cream cleanser to hydrate and deep clean. It also feels really nice on my face. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used the Burt's Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser with amazing results. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It got rid of a lot of redness in my face due to irritation from other makeup products. Absolutely adored it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I rotate daily as well, but stocked in my bathroom right now are all of my favorites:

• Cetaphil Gentle Facial Cleanser
  • Purity by Philosophy Cleanser
  • [My FAVORITE] - BEST FACE FORWARD

The Formula 10.0.6. Best Face Forward Facial Cleanser is by far my favorite. I've only ever seen it at Ulta, but you CAN use the $3 off/$10 on this stuff! So it retails for $7, and I'll usually get a NYX single for free. It cleared up my skin FAST after I broke out from the Yes To Carrots Cleanser (<----DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL! for skin like mine, Combination)

And of course I will always have my St.Ives Apricot Scrub exfoliator in my shower. (And I did love the Befine Exfoliator as well that I received in my birchbox!)

My favorite of all time has been the Neutrogena Deep Cream Cleanser that ive been using for years now but the last time a ran out of it i decided to give Yes to Carrots a try and its been a month and this thing is my second favorite. I recommend both of them the same way. The Neutrogena will give you a cool sensation after you clean it and the yes to carrots wont, this last one smells so good and the feeling of cleaning if like lotion. and leaves your skin super soft.

I like Nautrogena Acne Stress Control series. They are great because they moisturize and keep acne under control, but I really have to stick to it every day or otherwise I immediately break out!

When I had so many problems with all glamour and skin care items causing me irritation, I discovered two that I really liked.  One was Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser, and the other was Befine's Exfolliating Cleanser. Late last year, I received a sample of "Yes To Blueberries" which I liked very much, and it didn't react to my skin. So I picked up a tube and used it daily (usually at bedtime).  Then, again, I got a sample of Ole Henriksen's African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser and realized that I like THAT one even more than any of the others. So, when I'm out of my current ones, I'll be grabbing that one from Sephora....

......damn those samples!

I've tried about a zillion different cleansers, and I still love to try new ones...but I always end up going back to plain old Cetaphil.

I really love Philosophy Purity. I bought the giant bottle and it seems like it will last forever.  It washes everything out even stubborn eyemakeup.  In the morning I do prefer to use Cetaphil cleanser for my face.

Latest posts

Back