Favorite loose powder brand?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have a favorite powder for "setting" their makeup or do you feel they are all pretty similar. I have tried one called Youngblood (brand) mineral loose powder and think it's pretty nice.......

hi kerry. i'm partial to prescriptives majic in deep. it has a bit of shimmer which helps aging skin little. just can't use too much or you start looking alien.

There are two that I really like. One is MAC Set (always MAC!!!) and the other is by Aura Science and its called 'Finish'. Both work great for me. Set is white but applies translucent and Finish deposits color and has a pretty good color selection to choose from.

Where can I find Youngblood? Even though I love the two that I have, I'm always open for trying new makeup.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by kerri Does anyone have a favorite powder for "setting" their makeup or do you feel they are all pretty similar. I have tried one called Youngblood (brand) mineral loose powder and think it's pretty nice.......

for summer i've been using a physicians formula bronzer. it's a pressed powder, but matches my skin tone perfectly so i've been using it to set my foundation. i love it.

Hi! Youngblood (at least for me) was found on a website called makeup artist's choice......i think it is makeupartistschoice.com........i got the sample kit and tried different colors before purchasing.

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU There are two that I really like. One is MAC Set (always MAC!!!) and the other is by Aura Science and its called 'Finish'. Both work great for me. Set is white but applies translucent and Finish deposits color and has a pretty good color selection to choose from.
Where can I find Youngblood? Even though I love the two that I have, I'm always open for trying new makeup.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

yeah that's the right address. I just tried it and I see the line. I'm gonna look around the site for a bit. Thanks for the rec!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by kerri Hi! Youngblood (at least for me) was found on a website called makeup artist's choice......i think it is makeupartistschoice.com........i got the sample kit and tried different colors before purchasing.

I like NARS and La Prarie (got with a huge discount from strawberrynet.com). I'm starting to think that all loose powders are pretty much the same. I haven't found my holy grail loose powder yet.

Wow Kerri!! I've been looking for a powder foundation in my color and they actually have some that might work out. I like that they sell samples too!! I'm definitely gonna make a purchase or two!!!! So glad you mentioned this!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU yeah that's the right address. I just tried it and I see the line. I'm gonna look around the site for a bit. Thanks for the rec!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

You are very welcome!

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU yeah that's the right address. I just tried it and I see the line. I'm gonna look around the site for a bit. Thanks for the rec!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I love Cornsilk Classic Translucent Loose Powder in No Color. It's about $5-6 at the drugstore, is finely milled, looks natural, and controls oil. I love it!

I still like Clinique Blended Face Powder. I don't care what anyone says about it.

If you're looking for powder just to set the rest of your makeup...try Ben Nye loose powder...it's a great choice for setting and the colors really work on everyone and it's very inexpensive compared to other powders.

Me too! I like the Gentle Light Loose Powder also.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by spazbaby I still like Clinique Blended Face Powder. I don't care what anyone says about it.

I ordered a sample from Neiman Marcus just today of the chantecaille powder......I hear so many wonderful things about their products.

Originally Posted by Trisha I love my Chantecaille Loose Powder, wonder if i should try the KA when it runs out?? xx

Latest posts

Back