Favorite nude lipsticks?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by wongy74 No.
icon_sad.gif
Maybe if you're lucky, your counter will have a few stragglers left. But I think Rio Babe is still available @ MAC Online and Nordstrom.com. Maybe wait til you get your Pro card and get it then!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
OOOh.. yeah - will have to look into that... IF it ever comes! God, I'm so impatient!!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Good question, I only have 2 colors I like and they are a bit dark and drying. I love Milky Way sheer lipstick from Chantecaille. It is almost clear/light nudish color. I dab softly mac satins on my lips and then I go over with C. Milky way.. It stays nice and long and it also shines
wink.gif
If I try to put satins like a normal l/s, my lips look horrible
eek.gif
so does the l/s
eek.gif
when i used fleshpot, i used to dab it on and spread it with my fingers, but i never used it with anything else like you did
icon_wink.gif
i thought it'd be more obvious that way, but maybe i'll give it a try!

Those were my free l/s from my empty e/s pots. I couldn't tell well at the counter because of the lighting. I was a bit dissappointed when I came home, but found out that I could still use them with another very light sheer l/s. They were nonrefundable so it worked out
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer when i used fleshpot, i used to dab it on and spread it with my fingers, but i never used it with anything else like you did
icon_wink.gif
i thought it'd be more obvious that way, but maybe i'll give it a try!

Oooh, I will try the Chantecaille. I love the packaging! :icon_love

Originally Posted by lilla Good question, I only have 2 colors I like and they are a bit dark and drying. I love Milky Way sheer lipstick from Chantecaille. It is almost clear/light nudish color. I dab softly mac satins on my lips and then I go over with C. Milky way.. It stays nice and long and it also shines
wink.gif
If I try to put satins like a normal l/s, my lips look horrible
eek.gif
so does the l/s
eek.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 Just wondering what everyone's favorite nude lipsticks are to give me some new ideas for nude lippies. I LOVE nude l/s and am apparently collecting them now.
icon_rolleyes.gif

My favs now are Rio Babe, High Tea, Flutterby, and Freckletone. Rio Babe is my all time fav; very beach-babe sexy. I'm so sad it is an LE. I just picked up Freckletone today. It's such a pretty peachy-nude! :icon_love

Got the Rio Babe l/s in the mail today & I love it!!!! :icon_love It's a little lighter pink than VGV but yet another one quite similar!! *AWESOME!!!*
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks for the recommendation!!! I love it and will be using it for tomorrow's Fotd if everyone wants to see a pic
smile.gif

It's gorgeous, right?!??! :icon_love It totally gives you a beach babe look, hence it's name! But I don't see any pink it in on me.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Got the Rio Babe l/s in the mail today & I love it!!!! :icon_love It's a little lighter pink than VGV but yet another one quite similar!! *AWESOME!!!*
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks for the recommendation!!! I love it and will be using it for tomorrow's Fotd if everyone wants to see a pic
smile.gif

i'm gonna have to find this rio babe lippie. is it something i have to search ebay for? or on the website?

UD's scratch is good as a YLBB shade but it's been discontinued if you can find it i suggest picking it up.

Janelle, who makes Rio Babe? I checked Mac didn't find it
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Got the Rio Babe l/s in the mail today & I love it!!!! :icon_love It's a little lighter pink than VGV but yet another one quite similar!! *AWESOME!!!*
icon_cheesygrin.gif
smile.gif

thanks for the link!

oops, it's lilla wanting to check out rio babe also. hehe. let me know if you're gonna bid on one on ebay.

Originally Posted by wongy74 Up until about a week ago, I swear Rio Babe was still up on site. I saw it when I ordered Temperley and Coco, but it's definately not there anymore.
There are some going for pretty cheap on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/mac-rio-babe_...cusZbsQQsojsZ0

Good luck!

I got one from Ebay (see fotd May 10 for pics) It's a great color... thanks Jess for the recc!! :icon_love

I am going to pass this time because I really like VGV and I will wait a bit more for Rio babe
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz thanks for the link!
oops, it's lilla wanting to check out rio babe also. hehe. let me know if you're gonna bid on one on ebay.

Just to let you all know...

Rags to Riches l/s from the Nordstrom Beau collection looks very similar to Rio Babe, except R2R is lighter. I have both. I think R2R is still available on nordstrom.com.

Hth!
icon_biggrin.gif

I love Rimmel lasting finish l/s in birthday suit, very pretty peachy nude and it smells nice too.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back