Favorite nude lipsticks?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's favorite nude lipsticks are to give me some new ideas for nude lippies. I LOVE nude l/s and am apparently collecting them now.
icon_rolleyes.gif

My favs now are Rio Babe, High Tea, Flutterby, and Freckletone. Rio Babe is my all time fav; very beach-babe sexy. I'm so sad it is an LE. I just picked up Freckletone today. It's such a pretty peachy-nude! :icon_love

Clinique Rose' (rosay) is my favorite. It also lasts long too because its somewhat matte.
icon_smile.gif

Jess, I love Freckletone. For my skin tone, it goes on beautifully as a peach nde lippie. I also use it with WHirl or Spice l/l.

Oh, great! I have Whirl and a Spice look-alike from VS. I hope one of them tones down the orange a bit. It looks good on me but is a tad too bright (for a nude) in strong sunlight. I'll try that! Thanks Marisol!

Anyone try Honeyflower? I think I tried it on once but the counter told me it was sold out and was an LE. Anyone know if it was an LE? I still see it on MAC online without the triangle of death.

Originally Posted by Marisol Jess, I love Freckletone. For my skin tone, it goes on beautifully as a peach nde lippie. I also use it with WHirl or Spice l/l.

Originally Posted by wongy74 Oh, great! I have Whirl and a Spice look-alike from VS. I hope one of them tones down the orange a bit. It looks good on me but is a tad too bright (for a nude) in strong sunlight. I'll try that! Thanks Marisol!
Anyone try Honeyflower? I think I tried it on once but the counter told me it was sold out and was an LE. Anyone know if it was an LE? I still see it on MAC online without the triangle of death.

here's an auction on Ebay for that Honeyflower... although the pic they show is not the actual one - so I guess you have to see it IRL first ...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&rd=1&tc=photo

Thanks Janelle! I will probably check the counter again since I don't think it is LE. The counter I went to had sold out b/c a wedding party had come in and bought up their stock. The MA didn't know if it was LE or not.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 here's an auction on Ebay for that Honeyflower... although the pic they show is not the actual one - so I guess you have to see it IRL first ...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&rd=1&tc=photo

Originally Posted by wongy74 Thanks Janelle! I will probably check the counter again since I don't think it is LE. The counter I went to had sold out b/c a wedding party had come in and bought up their stock. The MA didn't know if it was LE or not. oooh... gotcha! I have a watch out on that Rio Babe lipstick you mentioned... looks really nice! do they still have this at the counters? :icon_love

my new favorite nude lipstick is brew (i'm so mad it's LE!) and my favorite nude gloss is c-thru. i also love dior's liner in nude, though it does have some gold in it, but that's okay.

i wanna try freckletone next!

Originally Posted by Jennifer my new favorite nude lipstick is brew (i'm so mad it's LE!) and my favorite nude gloss is c-thru. i also love dior's liner in nude, though it does have some gold in it, but that's okay.

Me too! I saw it online and it looks really nice! I'm loving their 'lustre' finish l/s - so anything I've been seeing lately in lustres, I'm liking!!! Helps that they are all light colors!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Me too! I saw it online and it looks really nice! I'm loving their 'lustre' finish l/s - so anything I've been seeing lately in lustres, I'm liking!!! Helps that they are all light colors!
wink.gif
yeah, lustres are my favorite! i'm kinda beginning to like amplified, too, but i think it's too creamy and makes my lips look... fake? i don't know the word. it does my lips look much fuller and plumper, though!

No.
icon_sad.gif
Maybe if you're lucky, your counter will have a few stragglers left. But I think Rio Babe is still available @ MAC Online and Nordstrom.com. Maybe wait til you get your Pro card and get it then!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 oooh... gotcha! I have a watch out on that Rio Babe lipstick you mentioned... looks really nice! do they still have this at the counters? :icon_love

Oh, yes, I forgot about C-thru! Best nude l/g IMHO. I was looking for brew today but came up empty. Everyone is sold out! But I did try it on when it came out and I didn't like it at all IIRC. It's just that Laura and you all are creating such a lemming for me! I didn't even want it to begin with!
icon_frown.gif

LOL!

I caught a lemming from LJ the day before yesterday so I went searching for MAC Orchidsheen/Roseland (?) blush duo cause everyone was raving. Tried it on today and it looked fake lavendar purple on me. It was hideous on me. THAT's why I didn't buy it earlier!
tongue.gif

Hmph. These sites are so dangerous for me.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer my new favorite nude lipstick is brew (i'm so mad it's LE!) and my favorite nude gloss is c-thru. i also love dior's liner in nude, though it does have some gold in it, but that's okay.

Oh, yes, and I believe my lemming for Freckletone was created by Ms. Trisha.
tongue.gif
LOL!

I like lustres and satin. I am hoping to hit Nordstrom this week
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer yeah, lustres are my favorite! i'm kinda beginning to like amplified, too, but i think it's too creamy and makes my lips look... fake? i don't know the word. it does my lips look much fuller and plumper, though!

Freckletone, Brew, Rio Babe, ........ my list is just getting longer and longer
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 Oh, yes, and I believe my lemming for Freckletone was created by Ms. Trisha.
tongue.gif
LOL!

Originally Posted by wongy74 Oh, yes, I forgot about C-thru! Best nude l/g IMHO. I was looking for brew today but came up empty. Everyone is sold out! But I did try it on when it came out and I didn't like it at all IIRC. It's just that Laura and you all are creating such a lemming for me! I didn't even want it to begin with!
icon_frown.gif
LOL!

LOL why didn't you like it? i love it!

Originally Posted by lilla I like lustres and satin. I am hoping to hit Nordstrom this week
icon_cheesygrin.gif
satins?!?! how do you like those?! i LOVE fleshpot, but couldn't deal with how drying it was. how do you wear it?

Good question, I only have 2 colors I like and they are a bit dark and drying. I love Milky Way sheer lipstick from Chantecaille. It is almost clear/light nudish color. I dab softly mac satins on my lips and then I go over with C. Milky way.. It stays nice and long and it also shines
wink.gif
If I try to put satins like a normal l/s, my lips look horrible
eek.gif
so does the l/s
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer satins?!?! how do you like those?! i LOVE fleshpot, but couldn't deal with how drying it was. how do you wear it?

My favorite is MAC Brew but I think it's limited edition. My favorite nude lipgloss is C-thru without a doubt. My newest nude lip liner is Laura Mercier in natural lips and I like it a lot. Similar to MAC oak color.

Armani Mania #s 1, 3, 4, & 13

Armani Matte Silk #1

Armani Shine #s 15, 19

Armani Sheer #s 13 & 14

Calvin Klein Greige

Smashbox Improv

Senna Hush

MAC High Tea

Latest posts

Back