Favorite Perfume

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are some of your favorite perfumes at the moment? Me, I've been wearing Donna Karen Cashmere Mist a lot lately, its a warm slight powdery vanilla scent. But the one that I can never get enough of is Olene by Diptique, its notes are Jasmine, Wisteria, Gardenia, Tuberose and Honeysuckle. To me this is one of the most beautiful & ethereal perfume I have ever smelled.

I am such a fragrance freak(amoung other things
smile.gif
I have a few that I alternate between..here are my top picks:

Giorgio Armani Mania

Ellen Tracy edp

L'Eau Par Kenzo

L'Artisan Mure et Musc

EL Pleasures

B&BW Orange Ginger Aromatherapy spray

I own a ton more but these are the ones I wear THE most

Originally Posted by Tinydancer What are some of your favorite perfumes at the moment?
Me, I've been wearing Donna Karen Cashmere Mist a lot lately, its a warm slight powdery vanilla scent. But the one that I can never get enough of is Olene by Diptique, its notes are Jasmine, Wisteria, Gardenia, Tuberose and Honeysuckle. To me this is one of the most beautiful & ethereal perfume I have ever smelled.

Ohhh you've piqued my interest! I never heard of it, gonna go google it now.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Kristin My absolute favorite perfume is a Norwegian scent called Laila. It is such a clean, fresh scent that lasts forever. Before I bought it I got a sample and left it in my jacket. That night my room smelled great and I couldn't figure out why. To my surprise it was the sample. I finally bought a bottle and I love it. They also have a male version called Gher Ness. It is a great smell. Both scents are great for people who are sensitive to scents. Some perfumes make me sneeze but neither of these do. I got my perfume at the Norwegian store at Disney's Epcot but it is available online and some department stores.

Me too! I haven't heard of this perfume but I'm going search for it now.

My favorites at the moments are: Givenchy: very irresistible Victorias secret: very sexy victorias secret: pink Chanel: Chance Versace: time for pleasure I also love victoria's secret's love spell body spray. I have been using it for years and have not gotten sick of it yet. The name fits perfect with the scent too.

Originally Posted by Tinydancer What are some of your favorite perfumes at the moment? Me, I've been wearing Donna Karen Cashmere Mist a lot lately, its a warm slight powdery vanilla scent. But the one that I can never get enough of is Olene by Diptique, its notes are Jasmine, Wisteria, Gardenia, Tuberose and Honeysuckle. To me this is one of the most beautiful & ethereal perfume I have ever smelled.

Hi! My current favorites are:

Muguet du Bois by Coty (Lily of the Valley)

Hollywood Pink by mark.

Beyond Paradise by Estee Lauder

Honeysuckle by Demeter

Serendipitous by Serendipity 3 (only have a sample, can't wait to get larger bottle!)

Pleasures by Estee Lauder

I'm really looking forward to trying:

Dessert Kissable Fragrances by Dessert (Jessica Simpson's Sephora line)

Pink Sugar by Aquolina

smile.gif

My favorite perfumes are all inexpensive and light smelling. I like the clean fresh smell. There's nothing like standing a bit too close to a person who smells like a perfume factory.
icon_cry.gif
To me, subtle is nice.

Therefore, I am refraining from naming my favorite perfumes because they are inexpensive and I will be laughed out of the room. Ok, hiding now.

Ciao!

mutgodzilla.gif

Did you know that Godzilla had perfume breath?

Originally Posted by Tinydancer What are some of your favorite perfumes at the moment?
Me, I've been wearing Donna Karen Cashmere Mist a lot lately, its a warm slight powdery vanilla scent. But the one that I can never get enough of is Olene by Diptique, its notes are Jasmine, Wisteria, Gardenia, Tuberose and Honeysuckle. To me this is one of the most beautiful & ethereal perfume I have ever smelled.

Time to take a walk on the wild side my friend.

If you like a clean smell then you must try 'Clean' Its one of the nicest perfumes I have ever smelled. Its not heavy at all, very light.

Its not too expensive, $45 for 2.14oz.

Check it out http://www.cleanperfume.com/SCS/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewProduct&ID=11

productimage_011.jpg

Originally Posted by Californian My favorite perfumes are all inexpensive and light smelling. I like the clean fresh smell. There's nothing like standing a bit too close to a person who smells like a perfume factory.
icon_cry.gif
To me, subtle is nice.Therefore, I am refraining from naming my favorite perfumes because they are inexpensive and I will be laughed out of the room. Ok, hiding now.

Ciao!

mutgodzilla.gif

Did you know that Godzilla had perfume breath?

Originally Posted by Californian My favorite perfumes are all inexpensive and light smelling. I like the clean fresh smell. There's nothing like standing a bit too close to a person who smells like a perfume factory.
icon_cry.gif
To me, subtle is nice.Therefore, I am refraining from naming my favorite perfumes because they are inexpensive and I will be laughed out of the room. Ok, hiding now.

Ciao!

Uh oh - if it's all about expensive perfumes, then I'm out of the loop, too. I've got a few of those that I enjoy, but now that we've bought a house, we're on a limited budget, and I'm thankful for the inexpensive ones that I learned to enjoy when I was younger (my mom's into both high and low-end fragrances).
So, care to share? I promise not to laugh (hey look at what I've got listed- not very extravagant)! You've got me curious.
wink.gif

Nice! Serendipitous is a great one!

But, before you buy Miss Jessica's line read some reviews on it, not here elsewhere. Its not getting good feedback.

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Hi! My current favorites are:
Muguet du Bois by Coty (Lily of the Valley)

Hollywood Pink by mark.

Beyond Paradise by Estee Lauder

Honeysuckle by Demeter

Serendipitous by Serendipity 3 (only have a sample, can't wait to get larger bottle!)

Pleasures by Estee Lauder

I'm really looking forward to trying:

Dessert Kissable Fragrances by Dessert (Jessica Simpson's Sephora line)

Pink Sugar by Aquolina

smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tinydancer Nice! Serendipitous is a great one!But, before you buy Miss Jessica's line read some reviews on it, not here elsewhere. Its not getting good feedback.

Actually, I haven't heard much bad about her actual fragrance, but more bad about the "belly button scent" and other items. I mainly want to try it because my husband is really sensitive about different scents, and he jokes and says "Ewww," when he kisses my neck or something and you can taste the alcohol from many fragrances (like when you accidently get some in your mouth as you spray or something?).
I've been hearing that her full-sized fragrances actually have a sweet scent as well as a *sweet flavor*. I'd at least like to try it out and see if it might be a treat for my dear hubby.
wink.gif

Serendipitous (I recently got to sample it) smells like cotton candy to me, more than the chocolate of their lotions (the lotion smells exactly like hot cocoa!). I love it though - I'm getting into foody scents lately. LOL

That's true... they (perfumes) do taste bad. Cologne tastes bad too. Shall we write Bonnie Bell and have her make us some tasty ones? If my husband wore cheesecake flavored cologne he'd have to run to get away from me! heheh.

If they made chocolate flavored cologne, we'd have a population explosion.

I do like Carolina Herrera and Calvin Klein perfumes occasionally. I spray the Carolina H. perfume on a tissue and then pat it on. I hate that overwhelming pungeant scent of (sorry) 'old lady in the elevator' perFUMES.

Cali

mutbanner16.gif

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Actually, I haven't heard much bad about her actual fragrance, but more bad about the "belly button scent" and other items. I mainly want to try it because my husband is really sensitive about different scents, and he jokes and says "Ewww," when he kisses my neck or something and you can taste the alcohol from many fragrances (like when you accidently get some in your mouth as you spray or something?).
I've been hearing that her full-sized fragrances actually have a sweet scent as well as a *sweet flavor*. I'd at least like to try it out and see if it might be a treat for my dear hubby.
wink.gif

Serendipitous (I recently got to sample it) smells like cotton candy to me, more than the chocolate of their lotions (the lotion smells exactly like hot cocoa!). I love it though - I'm getting into foody scents lately. LOL

Originally Posted by Californian That's true... they (perfumes) do taste bad. Cologne tastes bad too. Shall we write Bonnie Bell and have her make us some tasty ones? If my husband wore cheesecake flavored cologne he'd have to run to get away from me! heheh. If they made chocolate flavored cologne, we'd have a population explosion. I do like Carolina Herrera and Calvin Klein perfumes occasionally. I spray the Carolina H. perfume on a tissue and then pat it on. I hate that overwhelming pungeant scent of (sorry) 'old lady in the elevator' perFUMES. Cali LOL - Tasty perfumes and colognes! My husband laughed when I read what you said about the chocolate fragrance and having a population explosion! Actually, Smell THIS had some out a few years back, but I guess they're so old now that they're not so tasty anymore. They were called Flagrances, Edible fragrances. LOL I really want to try Jessica Simpson's fragrance, because I have heard that it actually tastes sweet. I'm hoping to get a sample anytime now! I didn't expect to like Hollywood Pink by mark so much, but I do! Here's what I wrote in another thread: I bought the heart soaps for Valentine's Day, because my husband loves chocolate, and I thought he'd think they were cute. They were, but the scent didn't do much for me at the time - not very chocolatey. But we recently ate at a local diner, and when I went to use the restroom, they had everything very 1950's oriented, including a bottle of Hollywood Pink fragrance on their counter. I decided to spray a bit on my wrist, and I could *not* stop smelling myself the rest of the day!!! I hated having to wash it off in the shower that night, because I knew I didn't have a bottle of my own to spray on any time soon! LOL! As it turns out, someone sent me a RAOK package, without even knowing I was lemming this, and included in the box was a bottle of the lotion. I thought that would hold me over until I could get into selling Avon/mark (my husband and I just moved, so I'm hoping to find time to get into that soon). How excited was I when I finalized a swap for the Fragrance spray!!! I've got lots of different fragrances, Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise and Pleasures among my favorites, but I haven't found something suitable for everyday wear, until I found Hollywood Pink! There ya go!

Nice to hear someone knows Laila!! I also bought this at Epcot center some years ago and have been hooked everysince, it is now my trademark fragrance. The only thing is when people ask me what I'm wearing and I tell them Laila, they have no idea what I am talking about
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Kristin My absolute favorite perfume is a Norwegian scent called Laila. It is such a clean, fresh scent that lasts forever. Before I bought it I got a sample and left it in my jacket. That night my room smelled great and I couldn't figure out why. To my surprise it was the sample. I finally bought a bottle and I love it. They also have a male version called Gher Ness. It is a great smell. Both scents are great for people who are sensitive to scents. Some perfumes make me sneeze but neither of these do. I got my perfume at the Norwegian store at Disney's Epcot but it is available online and some department stores.

Originally Posted by shoediva Nice to hear someone knows Laila!! I also bought this at Epcot center some years ago and have been hooked everysince, it is now my trademark fragrance. The only thing is when people ask me what I'm wearing and I tell them Laila, they have no idea what I am talking about
icon_wink.gif
That sounds lovely! I used to have an annual pass to Disney World when I lived in FL, and I loved trying on the different fragrances in all the countries. I love several in the Great Britain area. I'll have to try Laila next time I'm there visiting my family.
smile.gif

Right now I am loving Aqolina's Pink Sugar. It is a very sweet smelling fragrance. It says notes of vanilla and caramel. It reminds me of cotton candy. I just love it. It smells sweet but to me it is not too juvenile if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by Hlmjmerk Right now I am loving Aqolina's Pink Sugar. It is a very sweet smelling fragrance. It says notes of vanilla and caramel. It reminds me of cotton candy. I just love it. It smells sweet but to me it is not too juvenile if that makes sense. I've been hearing fantastic things about Pink Sugar! I desperately want to try it! I'm also in love with Serendipitious, by Serendipity 3. It's described as chocolatey, but I think it also has cotton candy notes. Definitely sweet and yummy!
I also love mark's Hollywood Pink, but it's not really chocolatey. It's more musky, with maybe slight undertones of chocolate, but nothing too sweet for everyday wear.

I'm thinking of asking for Serendipitous for my birthday, or maybe Pink Sugar if I get to sample it before then.
icon_wink.gif

Latest posts

Back