Favorite shadow colors?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What color eye shadows are you using now?

I'm always reaching for neutral colors which is weird because I used to love purples and silvers...maybe I just needed an excuse to buy new colors
smile.gif

i'm so boring & end up getting anything neutral--tan, taupe, brown, etc. i also like things in the purple range like lavender, plum, amethyst & esp. Bobbi Brown Fawn.

I've been using the neutrals also... sometimes I'll use Ulta's 'lustre" on the lid and a mixture of Ulta's 'Galaxy' & brown on the outer corners and blend into the crease... but I got the Ulta holiday blockbuster box that comes w/ like 20 e/s shades - so I'll play around
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I've had a problem with my eyes for the past few months so i rarely wear eye make-up anymore.. Before that my usual eye combo for work was peaches or browns.. I did a pink/silver eye a few months back & it was so cool. People, try it out!

I've always heard that using makeup colors that are opposite your eye color on the color wheel make your eyes stand out due to the contrast, so I figure anything to make my tiny eyes visible behind my glasses!
smile.gif
Since I have blue eyes I've been using coppers and browns -- and it really does make my eyes stand out more than when I used to use smokey greys! I've heard pinks also have the same effect for blue eyes, but I'm a little worried about wearing too much color and looking like a clown! Maybe someday I'll be daring and try it!
smile.gif

Usually always neutrals... I am the neutral queen
icon_wink.gif

However, I got L'oreal Color Fresco in Pistachio Ice on Monday, and I've been wearing it everyday since. It's a lovely light celery green with a silver sheen.

I really need to break back into more colorful makeup!

I seem to always grab pinks and purples for some reason. But lately I've been wearing MAC Amber Lights and MAC Trax together. It's my night time look.

i love them all! i mostly favor greens for some reason. i dont much care for the color green, but i have a problem when it comes to buying green shadows. why yes, i DO need another 15 pan to hold them! then i can buy more to fill it!

i have several variations of black micro glitter shadow. i dont know why i keep buying those, either!

im just now getting into neutrals, if you can believe it. theyre easy to put on if im short on time.

the only colors i dont like are red, pink, yellow, and orange, because i cant pull them off. ill sometimes work them into a look with another color, but i just cant do a yellow lid, which makes me sad because i love the look of yellow shadow.

im also slowly weeding out the glitter shadows in my collection. i still love the look, but i cant deal with glitter sprinkles all over my face. ive tried everything to "glue" them into place, and it just isnt happening.

so.......to answer your question: green, and sometimes champagne/bronze, but i wear it all.

Welcome to MakupTalk, pigsfeet1976/Virginia!
smile.gif
Eh, personally, I don't think I do neutrals because they're "safe," so to speak. Just for now, I don't really go out much, and don't feel the need to make myself up a lot. I've got clear skin (inherited from my mom and dad - both look way younger than they are!), so a lot of people tell me I don't even need to wear makeup. The neutral is just give me a glow, but sometimes I do use more colors. It just depends on my mood, where I'm going, etc.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pigsfeet1976 I'm an auburn red-head and have found that olive and golden tones really accenuate my face without interrupting the benefit of my hair color. Pinks and violets are more subtle and basically work like the the browns would on a brunette or blonde for me. I think you may reach for the neutrals because their "safe". I'm sure we've all been there at some point.
Virginia

Latest posts

Back