Favorite Skin care brand

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've used Estee Lauder, Lancome and Chanel skincare to name a few and I liked Estee Lauder and Lancome the best. The Estee Lauder Daywear moisturizer was nice but I tried the new version and hated it. Chanel products were nice but pricey and my skin broke out badly. Currently I'm using a finnish skin care line called Lumene.

I flip and flop all over the place so much that its hard to pick out a single favorite, ya know? I use Loreal cleanser, Clean & Clear toner, Alpha Hydrox Enhanced lotion, then Estee Lauder Perfectionist around eyes. My favorite is a Heinz 57 mutt, lol.

I do the same...It's hard to pick your favorite brand. I just tried to think overal favorite. I can't even count how many different brands I have tried and used and then changed again. It's never ending search for the best skin care.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by bluepisces

I flip and flop all over the place so much that its hard to pick out a single favorite, ya know? I use Loreal cleanser, Clean & Clear toner, Alpha Hydrox Enhanced lotion, then Estee Lauder Perfectionist around eyes. My favorite is a Heinz 57 mutt, lol.

As a wellness educator we spend lot of time talking to women about detoxification of the body. It is always interesting to see lady friends invite me to all the parties only to learn that I use very little makeup...and usually get told I have very nice skin...few wrinkles and great tone..yet I use very little makeup...so my favorite brand is the whole food nutrition dietary program I use every day. It is much more inexpensive then even the store brands and best part is that it also works to reduce my blood pressure, cholorestrol, and my body fat is leaving me for parts somewhere else. By the way most of the makeup brands you all like are toxic to your body in one way or another...

The body comes into balance via cellular nutrition and is a permanent fix. Fast food is fat and is not good for anyone, anywhere , anytime....we just buy into the advertising. Putting 'stuff' on our faces is again a result of what you see on TV and the peer pressure affect...the skin care companies love this...best wishes in your decisions...but know that the correct knowledge is best long term skin care.

I definitely agree that nutrition plays a big part in how your skin looks. By feeding your body the proper nutrition will not only help the way your skin looks but how you feel as well. Your skin is your biggest organ so you should take care of it internally and externally.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bcsimpsonjp

As a wellness educator we spend lot of time talking to women about detoxification of the body. It is always interesting to see lady friends invite me to all the parties only to learn that I use very little makeup...and usually get told I have very nice skin...few wrinkles and great tone..yet I use very little makeup...so my favorite brand is the whole food nutrition dietary program I use every day. It is much more inexpensive then even the store brands and best part is that it also works to reduce my blood pressure, cholorestrol, and my body fat is leaving me for parts somewhere else. By the way most of the makeup brands you all like are toxic to your body in one way or another...

You said it. It's all about the advertising and we buy into it.....that's why the skin care companies keep producing new and different products because they know we keep buying them...It's a multi billion dollar industry. 8)

The body comes into balance via cellular nutrition and is a permanent fix. Fast food is fat and is not good for anyone, anywhere , anytime....we just buy into the advertising. Putting 'stuff' on our faces is again a result of what you see on TV and the peer pressure affect...the skin care companies love this...best wishes in your decisions...but know that the correct knowledge is best long term skin care.

Preach, preach, preach, blah, blah, blah......people who try to get smokers to stop smoking generally get the same "yeah whatever" a person preaching about detoxing the body gets. I personally cant stand the whole preachiness being "natural" comes with
rolleyes.gif

You are right about getting enough rest and managing stress besides eating right and healthy foods. I've noticed that my skin starts breaking out if I'm stressed and lack of sleep shows right away.

Originally Posted by Bravegirl

There is a lot of truth to this. You can't expect to put "garbage" into yourself and expect a luminous exterior or health condition. I'm focusing on what I eat and drink more now and must say that I'm beginning to feel a bit better. I'm also making sure I get sufficient rest as well as managing stress. My vice is coffee and the occasional drink. With regular and simple skin care I'm also noticing better skin! If I could just start thinking positively sometimes, I'll be complete. Just my $.02.

It is much more inexpensive then even the store brands and best part is that it also works to reduce my blood pressure, cholorestrol, and my body fat is leaving me for parts somewhere else. By the way most of the makeup brands you all like are toxic to your body in one way or another...

I tend to use different brands for different products...I use Cetaphil cleanser, and I'll never stop using that! I'm currently using a toner by Physician's Choice (phaze 5) which I think costs too much, but I like the toner, so I buy it! For daytime moisturizer, if it's a workday, I use cetaphil with spf 15, but on weekends (or days I'll be driving a lot or outside a lot) I use a moisturizing suncreen (like Coppertone Faces) rather than a moisterizure WITH sunscreen... My nighttime moisturizer is Benefit's Daily Hyaluronic Cream, but they've since discontinued it, so I'll have to find another one when I use my current jar up! I also use Clinique Total Turnaround a few nights a week, and DDF rosacea relief at night. Oh, and then there's the eye cream! My current favorite is MAC's Fast Response eye cream. Sometimes I wonder how much of this stuff do I really need??!! (Aside from the sunscreen, which I never question!)

Latest posts

Back