Favorite top 5 MAC lipsticks?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay so... I've never been really good at picking out lipsticks, especially when it comes to m.a.c! with all the different colours and finishes just makes my brain go into melt down mode, I have seven m.a.c lipsticks already but only happy with three purchases, that being 'diva', 'siss' and 'snob' I never really use to be into lipstick til around a year ago, since then my collection on lipsticks and lip products have went sky high, coming from all different brands, from drugstore to designer. But now I have came to the conclusion that I'm wasting my money on colors that I don't even suit!
I've asked girls in the shop for assistance on what shades would suit me and what not, but I'm always sent home with a horrible color or finish, I'm not good at explaining my skin tone and blahblahblah but GIRLS I need your help!
so what's your favorite top 5 mac lipsticks, and what colors should I give a try ? 

Mine are Twig, Retro, Plum Dandy, Fresh Brew & Pillow Talk. Pillow Talk was a limited edition though, but all others are permanent. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1. Innocence Beware

2. Cremecup

3. Angel

4. Viva Glam V

5. Sweet Sunrise

Do you see a pattern of peachy pink nude colors here? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I LOVE MAC lipsticks. My top five would have to be:

Lustering

Viva glam Gaga 1--the Original--LE

Pink Nouveau--all time fave

Saint Germain

Chatterbox

BTW, I am an NW25 in MAC's coloring system--although their foundation breaks me out!

Please Me, Faux, Russian Red, Snob and Saint Germain :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also put Right image lip gloss on top of them all except the Russian Red and it works great. 

Has anyone tried the Nicki Minaj lipstick? Someone recommended it to me, but said it wasn't a color you could wear everyday. I wanted to get it just because it's a limited edition color. But I'm worried it's too bright and I'll barely wear it.

I own the MAC Nicki Minaj lipstick. It is very bright, but in the best possible way. It really lights up my face every time I wear it. I'm going to buy back-ups before they stop selling it. BTW, my coloring is a MAC NW25. The lipstick will leave a stain on your lips, since it is highly pigmented. It reminds me a lot of their Candy Yum Yum lipstick in texture, staying power, and the face brightening effect. Though the colors themselves do vary. Nicki lipstick is a corally pink whereas the CYY is a bright blue based pink.

I hope this helps!!

I don't own 5 lipsticks but I own Scarlet Ibis and Absolute Power and I love them both, Scarlet Ibis being my absolute favorite of all the lipsticks that I own. I'm a matte girl! 

For me it has to be

1. Candy yum yum (bright neon pink)

2. Scarlet Ibis ( Orangey red)

3. Bare again (lazy day, no makeup kinda lipstick)

4. Korean candy

5. Outrageously fun (purplish pink)

Ruby Woo all the way! Such a nice matte red!
Also about Viva Glam Nicki, it IS bright, but I love it! I actually have 2, One that is almost gone and a back up. xD
Impassioned is also a nice pink. Not as bright as Nicki, which is one of the reasons I like it!

I have exactly 5 MAC lipsticks which are: Russian Red Coral Bliss Angel Plumful Viva Glam Nikki (the original one) They are all somewhat different to each other and I wear them for different things. I really like every single one of them but I wouldn't say these are my top 5 faves since I have seen many others that I love and plan to eventually purchase. However, Viva Glam Nikki is definitely one of my all time favorite lipsticks so that would certainly be in my top 5. This thread has actually inspired me to buy another as a backup because I don't ever want to find myself without this lipstick since it is limited edition (I am still kicking myself for not buying the first Viva Glam Gaga lipstick). Yes, Viva Glam Nikki is bright but it is gorgeous, I wear it anywhere, even to work!

I love to play with MAC shades, mine range from light nudes, to bright pinks, to super dark. I do have a distinct 5 favorites though! They are:

1. Saint Germain

2. Plink!

3. Creme Cup

4. Blankety

5. Freckletone

I want to get Candy Yum Yum soooooooo bad, and I would've gotten the Viva Glam Nicki but the color just doesn't go with my skin-tone...sadness...

Which Nicki lippie...the pink or her newest the light purple? You can wear ANY lipstick the key is making the lipstick wearable for you. Using a lipliner, mixing with another lipcolor, the lipstick finish (cream, frost, matte), how you apply it (some apply directly from tube, others dab the color on) can alter how it looks & wears for you.

Latest posts

Back