Favourite/HG Skincare

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love dhc too!!! I found them less than a month ago and I'm obsessed!!!!
icon_eek.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_sad.gif

Yeah I like DHC too
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I figured, after they sent me the 4th catalog with all the samples stuffed in it, I really should order something! I'm so glad I did. It's a great line.

Yeah, I have a problem though. I ordered the deep cleansing oil, then the day I recieved the stuff I decided I wanted more, so I placed another order, basically this happend three separate times!!! I made 4 separate orders, because I'm a cheap a#$ (or at least try to be) (I try to buy only one item, at max 2, and then later on I end up giving in), and I end up spending a lot more on shipping and handling!!! I swear!!! Oh well, at least I love all the stuff. And I received a $10 certificate, so now I'm excited but scared, because I don't want the cycle to continue.
icon_redface.gif
Oh, and by the way, what do you like from dhc???
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by jennyb Yeah, I have a problem though. I ordered the deep cleansing oil, then the day I recieved the stuff I decided I wanted more, so I placed another order, basically this happend three separate times!!! I made 4 separate orders, because I'm a cheap a#$ (or at least try to be) (I try to buy only one item, at max 2, and then later on I end up giving in), and I end up spending a lot more on shipping and handling!!! I swear!!! Oh well, at least I love all the stuff. And I received a $10 certificate, so now I'm excited but scared, because I don't want the cycle to continue.
icon_redface.gif
Oh, and by the way, what do you like from dhc???
icon_cheesygrin.gif
LOL! Too funny!I must have my Deep Cleansing Oil, if I ever somehow get caught running out, I'll die. I also enjoy the Pure Soap right now, since my skin can be oily in the summer months.

SKIN TYPE (combo/acne prone/sensitive):

CLEANSER: yonka lait nettoyant

TONER: none...but do like dermalogica's multiactive toner

MOISTURISER (day and/or night): active moist or skin smoothing cream by dermalogica

EYE CREAM: kinerase intensive eye treatment

FACIAL WASH: same as cleanser...sometimes johnson and johnson purpose cleanser when i have a breakout

EXFOLIATOR: dermalogica microfoliant every morning (actually meant to use daily, and is FANTASTIC!), glycolic peels at home once every other week.

ACNE TREATMENT: retin a micro at .04%...recommend for those that get a lot of peeling with retin a usually and still want to exfoliate, but want to take care of acne.

MASK: don't really use one since i do glycolic peels. i like carita, yonka, and dermalogica masks though.

SUNSCREEN: Skinceuticals Sport UV Defense SPF 45 or DDF Matte Finish Photo-Age Protection SPF 30.

(I second the other poster's comments about the greatness of the Dermalogica line!)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

SKIN TYPE: Dry and Acne Prone

CLEANSER:MD Formualtions 12% Glycolic Cleanser

TONER:None

MOISTURISER (day and/or night):Alpha Lipoic Acid Day Cream

EYE CREAM:Benefit Re-Eyedrate

FACIAL WASH:Same as above

EXFOLIATOR:A washcloth

ACNE TREATMENT:MD Formualtions Clearing Complex

MASK:Queen Helene Mint Julep<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I know i am little late, but i am still fairly new. here is my skincare regimen:

SKIN TYPE: COMBINATION(OILY T-ZONE, DRY CHEEKS, FOREHEAD & CHIN)

CLEANSER: MARY KAY TIMEWISE 3-IN-1

TONER: NONE(SEA BREEZE??)

MOISTURIZER: NEUTROGENA VISIBLY EVEN

EYE CREAM: EYE DREAM NIGHT

FACIAL WASH: SAME AS CLEANSER

EXFOLIATOR: MARY KAY, DR. BRANDT MICRODERMABRASION

ACNE TREATMENT: FINACEA (PRESCRIPTION)

MASK: MURAD SULFUR

SKIN TYPE (Normal, dry, oily, combo, dehydrated, acne prone, sensitive): Combination skin.

CLEANSER: Spectro Gel

TONER: DDF Glycolic Tonic 10% -- awesome stuff! Your face just feels so clean and fresh afterward

MOISTURISER (day and/or night): DAY: Ponds Dry Skin Cream (looking for a new one as this one is too heavy for me) or Aveeno Clear Complextion Daily Moisturizer-- so light and airy. Smells nice too! NIGHT: ESTEE LAUDER Future Perfect Creme

EYE CREAM: ESTEE LAUDER Idealist Refinishing Eye Syrum

FACIAL WASH: Ivory Soap & Spectro Gel

EXFOLIATOR: St.Ives Apricot Scrub

ACNE TREATMENT: Spectro Gel Face Wash

MASK: Don't use.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hello!!

I am changing skinproducts all the time, because I haven`t found any that has helped me dramatically!I got some acne problems after I had my daughter, I guess it`s hormonal, but it is sooo annoying because I have never had acne before.Well...this is what I use right now:

SKINTYPE: Combo/sensitive

CLEANSE:Obagi Nu derm Foam cleanser (Well...I`m not that impressed yet.It dries out the skin around my nose, but is ok for my forhead and chin.My skin might be a bit too sensitive for this one.I was just so egar to try anything.It`t for those with very oily skin i guess)

TONER:Obagi Nu derm (I don`t use it in my nose anymore, but it`s quit good on my acne ares)

SERUM:Este Lauder Idealist Skin Refinisher(because I am an Idealist.He he..)

and at night, Proto Col Silk firming serum

MOISTURISER:Obagi C-exfoliating day lotion(This one I am satisfied with (The only one it seams.LOL)

SUNSCREEN:Obagi Sunguard spf 30

EYE CREAM:I am CONSTANTLY looking for new and better eye creams.It`s a obsession!!(I am 31 with some slightly visible crowfeets)

Right now I use Freeze 24/7 with La Mer eye balm on top.(I know, I`m desperate!!)

Exfoliator:Well I just one from the health shop a while ago.It was ok.I might have to buy some more.I know it is important to remove dead skin regularly.

MASK:I use a Green Clay Mask from my local health shop.I try do do it once a week, but I forget a lot.I also use The Body Shop`s Honey & Oat.I love the smell!!!Mmmmmmmm

Well...I just have to add that I have bought Dermalogica Active moist. and The Microfoliant.You see..I`m constantly on the search!And now I`m going to check out the DHC line you are talking about!I WANT FLAWLESS SKIN!!!!!

KRISTINA

Oh man I was laughing out loud when I read through my message.Of course I don`t use anything IN my nose(TONER)I saw some other faults too.You can just have in mind that I am from Norway and have bad English!LOL

Originally Posted by KittyM Hello!!
I am changing skinproducts all the time, because I haven`t found any that has helped me dramatically!I got some acne problems after I had my daughter, I guess it`s hormonal, but it is sooo annoying because I have never had acne before.Well...this is what I use right now:

SKINTYPE: Combo/sensitive

CLEANSE:Obagi Nu derm Foam cleanser (Well...I`m not that impressed yet.It dries out the skin around my nose, but is ok for my forhead and chin.My skin might be a bit too sensitive for this one.I was just so egar to try anything.It`t for those with very oily skin i guess)

TONER:Obagi Nu derm (I don`t use it in my nose anymore, but it`s quit good on my acne ares)

SERUM:Este Lauder Idealist Skin Refinisher(because I am an Idealist.He he..)

and at night, Proto Col Silk firming serum

MOISTURISER:Obagi C-exfoliating day lotion(This one I am satisfied with (The only one it seams.LOL)

SUNSCREEN:Obagi Sunguard spf 30

EYE CREAM:I am CONSTANTLY looking for new and better eye creams.It`s a obsession!!(I am 31 with some slightly visible crowfeets)

Right now I use Freeze 24/7 with La Mer eye balm on top.(I know, I`m desperate!!)

Exfoliator:Well I just one from the health shop a while ago.It was ok.I might have to buy some more.I know it is important to remove dead skin regularly.

MASK:I use a Green Clay Mask from my local health shop.I try do do it once a week, but I forget a lot.I also use The Body Shop`s Honey & Oat.I love the smell!!!Mmmmmmmm

Well...I just have to add that I have bought Dermalogica Active moist. and The Microfoliant.You see..I`m constantly on the search!And now I`m going to check out the DHC line you are talking about!I WANT FLAWLESS SKIN!!!!!

KRISTINA

Welcome to MuT Kristina
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by KittyM Oh man I was laughing out loud when I read through my message.Of course I don`t use anything IN my nose(TONER)I saw some other faults too.You can just think that I am from Norway and have bad English!LOL

SKIN TYPE (Normal, dry, oily, combo, dehydrated, acne prone, sensitive): combo and acne prone

CLEANSER: dove in morning, phisoderm at night

TONER: witch hazel in morning, phisoderm at night

MOISTURISER (day and/or night): not sure what brand, but its oil-free and pimple treating

EYE CREAM: none yet

FACIAL WASH: same as above

EXFOLIATOR: St.Ives apricot scrub

ACNE TREATMENT: my moisturizer

MASK: phisoderm, and any samples i get

What foundation do you use???

Originally Posted by DallasGirl Hi all, This is my first post. I had problem skin for years and still breakout with the use of a lot of products but what FIXED my skin was Paula's Choice. I use the gentle soap cleanser, the salicylic lotion in the lowest amount and then the 2.5% blemish fighting solution every night. Then in the morning I use cetaphil moisturizer with spf 15. But I also have probelms depending on which foundation I use.....it seems I breakout to a lot of foundations with sunscreen, the best one I have found that doesn't irritate my skin is NARS oil free. THIS ROUTINE SERIOUSLY FIXED MY SKIN ALONG WITH CHANGING FOUNDATIONS!!! I had been going to a dermatologist that had only made my skin worse!!
If you need more specific names of the face products to find them let me know.......they are not in front of me at the moment.

SKIN TYPE: Combo/Oily

CLEANSER: Purpose (J & J) Derm. reccomended it.

TONER: None

MOISTURISER (day and/or night): Purpose

EYE CREAM: Ponds

FACIAL WASH: (above)

EXFOLIATOR: St. Ives Apricot scrub, but only at night after I cleanse my face

ACNE TREATMENT: clean & clear persagel

MASK: Oil of Olay clay mask (blue) or ?Bordgesea? (I don't know how to spell the last product)

SKIN TYPE (Normal, dry, oily, combo, dehydrated, acne prone, sensitive)
redface.gif
ily

CLEANSER:none

TONER:none

MOISTURISER (day and/or night):none

EYE CREAM:none

FACIAL WASH:

EXFOLIATOR:mac microfine refinisher

ACNE TREATMENT:none

MASK:none

SKIN TYPE (Normal, dehydrated):

CLEANSER: Cetaphil

TONER: Earth Science

MOISTURISER (day and/or night): La Mer

EYE CREAM:none

FACIAL WASH:Cetaphil

EXFOLIATOR:La Mer

ACNE TREATMENT:BP Gel when needed

MASK:Queen Helene Mint Julep

SKIN TYPE (Normal, dry, oily, combo, dehydrated, acne prone, sensitive): combo and dehydrated

CLEANSER: Pond's Cold Cream (to remove eye makeup)

TONER: Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (night)

MOISTURISER (day and/or night): Hawaiian Tropic Faces Sunscreen SPF 30 (day during the summer), Oil of Olay Complete (day during the winter) [might be changing to a different daytime moisturiser this coming winter, not sure yet which one is good to try, I found Oil of Olay to be not moisturising enough], Cetaphil moisturizing lotion (night)

EYE CREAM: Clinique All About Eyes [nearly finished and will be getting the MAC Fast Response Eye Cream next]

FACIAL WASH: SpectroGel (morning), Johnson's Head-to-toe baby wash (night)

EXFOLIATOR: The Aspirin masque doubles as a scrub

ACNE TREATMENT: Queen Helene Mint Julep masque or Milk of Magnesia as spot treatment

MASK: Queen Helene Mint Julep masque or Aspirin masque

SKIN TYPE: Combo/oily, blackhead/acne prone - extremely sensitive

All products unless otherwise specified are by Christine Chin

CLEANSER: Panthenol Cleanser (am & pm) and Ultra Gentle Cleansing Lotion before for mu removal in pm

TONER: Bio Flavonoid Toner (am & pm)

SERUMS: (1) Advanced Firming Complex (am & pm); (2) Advanced Refinishing Serum (am) or Retinol Resurfacing Complex (pm)

MOISTURISER: Triple C&E Complex (am) / Moisture Perfecting Creme (pm)

EYE CREAM: Shu Principe Eye Zone Complex (am & pm)

EXFOLIATOR: Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion / The Ultimate Scrub (every other day)

ACNE TREATMENT: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

MASK: VitaPlus Masque (every other day after exfoliation) and Lucrece Pumpkin Enzyme Mask once a week

beauty without cruelty green tea eye gel- i actually use it on my lids only- it lasts a while and unlike most eye gels u get a whole 1oz for like 11$.
claps.gif

My current skin care regimen is as follows: (normal skin, t-zone in summer, some breakout)

cleanser- Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser in AM, Prescriptives cleanser for normal skin in PM

toner- I do use one.

moisturizer- Prescriptives all you need (normal skin) in AM/PM, sometimes in PM, I use Serious Skin Care's 2 Vitamin A cream

exfoliator- Clinique's exfoliating scrub

eye cream- I do not buy a separate cream. I use samples from GWP (usually Clinique)

I am sure at some point I will be switching my skin care regimen. It seems like my skin gets used to something and then the products become ineffective. I have been using the Prescriptives for 3 weeks now. So far, so good. My skin has cleared up a great deal.

Latest posts

Back