Favourite/HG Skincare

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you have any problems with the baby oil because of your combination skin?

Originally Posted by Amethyst I just saw my dermotologist today so all this could change:
Skin Type: combination

Cleanser: Cetaphil bar soap

Toner: Sea Breeze

Eye Makeup Remover: Johnson's Baby Oil

Exfoliator: St. Ive's Apricot Scrub

Moisturizer: DCL Facial Moisturizing Cream (I was using ROC Night Cream)

Mask: Spot treat with Queen Helene Mint Julep (too strong for all over)

Eye Cream: ROC Night Eye Cream

Acne Treatment: None

Lip Balm: I have several brands that I rotate:

Burt's Bees

Kiehls

Chap Stick

Neosporin Lip Ointment

SKIN TYPE (Normal, dry, oily, combo, dehydrated, acne prone, sensitive):

combo to oily, rarely breakouts, but when, I have really thick pimples

CLEANSER: Biotherm Biopur purifying make-up remover gel, Biotherm Detoxifying Cleansing Foam

TONER: I don't use one

MOISTURISER (day and/or night): day - Biotherm D-Stress, Biotherm Biopur; night - Biotherm D-Stress

EYE CREAM: day - Biotherm D-Stress Yeux; night: Clarins Special Eye Contour Balm

FACIAL WASH: see above

EXFOLIATOR: Origins Never a dull moment or Estee Lauder Micro D

ACNE TREATMENT: Balea Pickeltupfergel (german brand)

MASK: Origins Clear Improvement, Shiseido The Skincare moisture relaxing mask<!-- / message -->

SKIN TYPE : Combination that's acne prone

CLEANSER: Anything by noxzema

TONER: Joey New York Pure Pores One Step Toner and Moisturizer

MOISTURISER (day and/or night): Joey New York Pure Pores One Step Toner and Moisturizer

EYE CREAM: I'm looking into one....

FACIAL WASH: Anything by Noxzema

EXFOLIATOR: Dove body wash..can't remember specifically the name

ACNE TREATMENT: Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil Blemish Stick and Tea Tree Oil Blemish Pads

MASK: Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil Mask and Queen Helene Mint Julep

SKIN TYPE: combo to oily (but mostly oily)

CLEANSER: laura mercier oil-free gel cleanser

TONER: don't use one

MOISTURISER (day and/or night): laura mercier oil-free moisturizer with spf 15

EYE CREAM: don't use one

EXFOLIATOR: laura mercier face polish

ACNE TREATMENT: don't use one

MASK: MoM or sometimes Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask

SKIN TYPE combo, acne prone, sensitive):

CLEANSER:Noxzema creamy cleanser

TONER:None

MOISTURISER (day and/or night):Searching.......

EYE CREAM Searching.......

FACIAL WASH dove facial wash

EXFOLIATOR:searching....

ACNE TREATMENT: neutrogena clean tint makeup(it helps with my acne)

MASK:Queen Helene clay mask<!-- / message -->

SKIN TYPE: combination (well, a very oily nose!?) to sensitive.

CLEANSER: Eve lom.

TONER: None. Nasty stuff!

MOISTURISER: Creme de la mer. (I use the la mer moisturising lotion during the day as it's lighter in texture).

EYE CREAM: Creme de la mer eye balm.

FACIAL WASH: see cleanser.

EXFOLIATOR: Philosophy microdelivery peel once a week, if i want something in between, then Dermalogica daily microfoliant.

MASK: Eve lom rescue mask.

ACNE TREATMENT: Mario Badescu drying lotion or good old tea tree oil.

SKIN TYPE: oily t-zone, acne prone, normal to dry cheeks

CLEANSER: Philosophy Purity and Origins Never A Dull Moment

TONER: rotate between Oil of Olay and aspirin toner

MOISTURISER (day and/or night): day-Origins Balanced Diet night-Philosophy Hope In A Jar

EYE CREAM: I rotate 3: Almay kinetin firming & brightening, BB Hydrating eye creme, and Lancome Aqua Fusion

EXFOLIATOR: Origins Never A Dull Moment, Neutrogena Advanced Solutions, Philosophy Micro-Delivery

ACNE TREATMENT: sometimes I use Clean & Clear Benzoyl Peroxide and QHMJ to spot treat

MASK: QHMJ

SKIN TYPE - combo, dry in most areas but T zone gets oily during daytime heat but when I use products to get rid of that I get dry flaky skin
icon_cry.gif

CLEANSER: Mary Kay Timewise 3 in 1 or Olay Daily facials

TONER: Clinique mild or number 2

MOISTURISER (day and/or night): Mary Kay Timewise is the best for my crazy skin because it needs good hydration without oily feel this is good in day under makeup and at night

EYE CREAM-Don't use

FACIAL WASH:same as cleanser

EXFOLIATOR: Queen Helen Mint Julep scrub

ACNE TREATMENT
biggrin.gif
on't use

MASK:Queen Helen Mint Julep Mask sparingly

And no I am not a MK rep I actually tried to use other stuff even for foundation but most brands have spf which I think aggravate my skin so I keep coming back to what works

Skintype: slightly dry dehyrated, sensitive

Cleanser: DHC Cleansing Oil/Babor Phytoreactive and Dr. H Cleansing Cream

Toner: Dr. H

Moisturizer: La Prairie - have several and I alternate

Eye Cream: LP Cellular and LP Caviar Extrait

Facial Wash: Dr. H Cleansing Milk for AM

Exfoliator: Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub

Acne Treatment: for rare breakouts - Nelsons Acne Gel

Mask: LP; Dr. H; Origins - like to use lots

Where do you get Paula's choice products, and what is your favorite cleanser from this brand?

Originally Posted by DallasGirl Hi all, This is my first post. I had problem skin for years and still breakout with the use of a lot of products but what FIXED my skin was Paula's Choice. I use the gentle soap cleanser, the salicylic lotion in the lowest amount and then the 2.5% blemish fighting solution every night. Then in the morning I use cetaphil moisturizer with spf 15. But I also have probelms depending on which foundation I use.....it seems I breakout to a lot of foundations with sunscreen, the best one I have found that doesn't irritate my skin is NARS oil free. THIS ROUTINE SERIOUSLY FIXED MY SKIN ALONG WITH CHANGING FOUNDATIONS!!! I had been going to a dermatologist that had only made my skin worse!!
If you need more specific names of the face products to find them let me know.......they are not in front of me at the moment.

i'm new so i'm trying to figure this thing out. if anyone has tried paula's choice or mario badescu's products please let me know what you think of them. Also i have tried the ACV and i love it so far! hopefully it continues to be a great thing for my face!

Originally Posted by jennyb i'm new so i'm trying to figure this thing out. if anyone has tried paula's choice or mario badescu's products please let me know what you think of them. Also i have tried the ACV and i love it so far! hopefully it continues to be a great thing for my face! I would try the Paula's Choice products before the Mario B. product line. Simply because she knows cosmetic and skin care formulations at the level of how they'll work for skin. Over the years I've used all of the cleansers, the 1% BHA, 2% BHA and blemish fighting solution(a really great combination to heal up breakouts)!! the antioxidant serum, a couple moisturizers and most of the sunscreens. Everything is just A-1. You can read up on everything at www.cosmeticscop.com.

Thankyou for your advice!!! So the only place to get Paula's Choice is online, right???

Originally Posted by SusieQ I would try the Paula's Choice products before the Mario B. product line. Simply because she knows cosmetic and skin care formulations at the level of how they'll work for skin. Over the years I've used all of the cleansers, the 1% BHA, 2% BHA and blemish fighting solution(a really great combination to heal up breakouts)!! the antioxidant serum, a couple moisturizers and most of the sunscreens. Everything is just A-1. You can read up on everything at www.cosmeticscop.com.

Originally Posted by jennyb Thankyou for your advice!!! So the only place to get Paula's Choice is online, right??? Thats right jennyb! You can also phone; I believe theres a toll free number. Actually its quicker if you DO place an order over the phone. You may also ask for samples of the skin care and cosmetics before placing a larger order. The samples are very generous. In fact the customer service encourages you to do so.

Skin Type: combo to oily, ,sensitive

Cleanser: Avene Cleanance Gel nettoyant sans savon

Toner: I don't use one! Too much alcohol!!

Moisturizer: Biotherm's Aquasource Non Stop for combo/oily skins

Eye Cream: I don't use one.

Exfoliator: Avene gentle exfoliating scrub for sensitive skins

Mask: Aromatherapy Apivita deep cleansing face mask with green argile for oily skins ( Greek brand)

icon_eek.gif
For those who was acne prone problem I definetely reccomend Avene cleanance gel nettoyant as a cleanser. I had acne since I was 6 years old, can you imagine?? I went to dermadologists and they said that I can do nothing for my acne problem and it will disapper at the age of 25!!!!Since I was 11 or 12, I can remember,I had a major problem with acne.Then a pharmacist suggest me to use this cleanser. One year later I didn't have any acne problem!!This cleanser dissapear everything!! Now I'm 21 and since then I use it every day twice and I have no problem with acne!! Also is perfect for my oily skin!!

Skin Type: combination/dry, sometimes oily! go figure LOL

Cleanser: Dr Denese Dermaclean

Toner: Dr Denese Firming Facial Pads

Serum: Paula's Choice - Super Antioxidant Concentrate (nightly)

Moisturiser: Paula's Choice Non Greasy Moisturiser

Eye Cream: Same a above

Exfoliator: EpidermX Microdermabrasion

Mask: Don't usually use one.

I also use an at home chemical peel 12% once a month...really nice! I get it from Makeup Artist's Choice.com

Skin Type: combo

cleanser: Skin Milk Foaming Face Wash (actually works well, has anyone used this?), St. Ives Apricot Shower Cleanser/Mask

Toner: Apple cider vinegar

Moisturizer: Philosophy's hope in a jar, Clean and Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer

Eye Cream: Benefit Eye Con

Exfoliator: Philosophy's exfoliator (forgot the name), St. Ives Apricot scrub,

Mask: Pure Simplicity purifying mask in Pumpkin,

St. Ives Apricot Shower Cleanser/Mask

what is the name of the Paula's choice cleanser you use??? Did you ever try the stronger blemish fightin solution????

Originally Posted by DallasGirl Hi all, This is my first post. I had problem skin for years and still breakout with the use of a lot of products but what FIXED my skin was Paula's Choice. I use the gentle soap cleanser, the salicylic lotion in the lowest amount and then the 2.5% blemish fighting solution every night. Then in the morning I use cetaphil moisturizer with spf 15. But I also have probelms depending on which foundation I use.....it seems I breakout to a lot of foundations with sunscreen, the best one I have found that doesn't irritate my skin is NARS oil free. THIS ROUTINE SERIOUSLY FIXED MY SKIN ALONG WITH CHANGING FOUNDATIONS!!! I had been going to a dermatologist that had only made my skin worse!!
If you need more specific names of the face products to find them let me know.......they are not in front of me at the moment.

Thanks susie Q for all your help. so nice.

Originally Posted by SusieQ Thats right jennyb! You can also phone; I believe theres a toll free number. Actually its quicker if you DO place an order over the phone. You may also ask for samples of the skin care and cosmetics before placing a larger order. The samples are very generous. In fact the customer service encourages you to do so.

Originally Posted by jennyb what is the name of the Paula's choice cleanser you use??? Did you ever try the stronger blemish fightin solution???? Hi Jennyb. I started to answer you early this morning and than I hit some key by mistake and it all disappeared..grrrrrr. Anyways, I've only used the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide blemish fighting solution; I think the 5% would be too irritating to my skin. And besides Paula always says to start off with the the most gentle product first and if that works STAY WITH IT. Her products are really fantastic and hope you get a chance to try some.

Latest posts

Back