Favourite stick/pencil eyeshadow?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have always liked the concept of a stick eyeshadow to make things easier in the morning, I have tried the NYX jumbo pencils but was't very pleased with the staying power and they creased on me.

The ones that I currently have and love are the Urban Decay ones and then a Tarte one that I got long ago in a set and that is absolutely amazing.

Unfortunately it seems that Tarte has discontinued those since I cannot find them anywhere

Which are the ones you have tested and worked well for you?

Reaction score
When you mean stick or pencil do you mean jumbo or thin?

I love cream sticks like one I bought from Jordan and one I have from Stila and Mally. There are a a couple from ELF I like but the shades don't always match what the writing says - I had a purple one but it never looked like a true purple to me.

Jumbo I love Wet 'n' Wild's jumbo pencils. NYX Cosmetics aren't really sold in my area - least not until Ulta opens in the summer - so I have to improvise with WnW and it works just as well.

Reaction score
Hi Zadidoll! Yes, I mean jumbo pencil or twist out sticks (like the Tarte ones if only they were still available).

Are Wet'n'Wild prone to crease? I have never tried them but it might be worth a try!

Reaction score
A bit, if you have oily eyes they tend to crease more but tend to do well with a good primer and if you set it with powder or use it as a base for shadow or pigments.

Reaction score
@william55623 I am afraid I did not really understand your question. I do use eyeshadow brushes with pressed and loose eyeshadows (I actually love brushes and I own more than I need
) but what I like the jumbo pencils for is to just put them on the lid, blend with my finger, pop some liner and be ready to go. Basically a quick everyday makeup tool and I don't see how a brush could be an alternative

Reaction score
I love Urban Decay's Shadow pencil! They come in fun colors and don't crease. I also love how easy jumbo pencils are, i also love cream eyeshadows because they are so easy to put on and run out the door.

Reaction score
Nyx are very good! You can use the white as a base to brighten shadows but I always use an eye primer and always always set any cream based product with a powder to prevent creasing.

Reaction score
I really like the Nyx jumbo eyeshadows!  Milk is my fav. great as a base that really brings out the color of shadows you layer on top. Also prevents creasing for some time.  Very affordable, I cannot say enough great things about it!

Latest posts