Feb 2012 #1 of my yearly subscription to Birchbox-Bummer!! And, I'm not a complainer--but..you guys boxes seemed way better

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so this is my first...I anxiously waited on a list and was stoked to get it. 

BOX #1--Here's what it entailed:

1.)  Colorscience pro-glow and go travel puff-groovy-worth a try

2.)  Eye rock-Designer Liner-Amy Winehouse like-funky but I'm 46

3.)  Jouer-Lip Gloss-lid is awkardly on

4.)  Juicy Counter-Viva La Juicy sample-good

5.)  Showstoppers-Fashion tape-ok but not useful and wouldn't purchase

6.)  Digital Download-six free tunes from Indie Rock band-huh, maybe

No food sample, not exciting, no bath products or heart file like many of you..I was disappointed to show my husband what he bought.  I wanted to call them but elected not to..their number isn't clearly listed and I don't have java to view-so will forget it this month and hope for the best,

I'm a patient soul-I sure hope I get something exciting and useful like the rest of you.   Wish me luck. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Jennnifer McHenry

**link removed by mod**

I was bummed with January's box, that was my first as well. But keep in mind that your first box is a mix of current boxes and the last one or two. You'll get most of the stuff everyone does with your next box. At least that's how it worked for me. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you're really disappointed you can contact them and they will probably give you 100 points to make up for it. That's what I did when I got the September box and was waaayyy underwhelmed.

Even when I find birchbox to be hit or miss, I more satisfied than I am dissapointed and the points system and customer service makes up for that.

I got my first this month as well, and was pretty underwhelmed. Saw a friend's box last month and thought it looked great, but wasnt impressed with mine. Looks like several people got chocolate and nail files, plus a Vichy box. I got some cool products, but guess I was hoping for something more? Maybe I'm expecting too much

Latest posts

Back