feeling icky after a minor accident

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday I was rear-ended in very slow stop and go traffic. (It was a rental car!) No major injuries or damage, but today I'm feeling crappy. I'm having neck and shoulder pain, and fatigue. Oh and I feel like I'm not thinking clearly either. I've never been in an accident before. Is it normal to feel worse the day after it happens?

I was hit headon leaving a mall once and I jumped out of the car and felt fine. I think it was my adrenaline. The next day, I hurt something awful. I think it is normal to feel o.k. immediately after but then when eveything settles to feel like crap.

Aw i'm sorry to hear that happened suzukigrrl.. I hope the neck pain isn't whiplash because i've heard that can be quite sore. Hope you feel better soon.

I was in a car crash before but luckily i escaped with just a cut on my knee whereas 2 of the others were taken to hospital in the ambulance. I did feel out of place for the next few days though from the shock of it though. Maybe its the shock of it that's making you feel like that now

yeah i hit a lamp pole before, and luckily i was fine, but in complete shock for a few days.

i think u should go to a doctor or chairopractor to make sure everythings ok.

hope u feel better!!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl

Yesterday I was rear-ended in very slow stop and go traffic. (It was a rental car!) No major injuries or damage, but today I'm feeling crappy. I'm having neck and shoulder pain, and fatigue. Oh and I feel like I'm not thinking clearly either. I've never been in an accident before. Is it normal to feel worse the day after it happens?

Yes it's normal. Best thing is to contact a personal injury attorney and they will direct you in the right directions.

I am sorry that this happened to you. I was rear ended a few yrs ago and it sucked. I felt shitty for a while and actually one of my friends who was in the car with me went to see a chiropractor just make sure that everything was ok.

Hope that you feel better soon!

Im so sorry this happened but i am glad you are ok!This is normal to feel out of wack,some people even experiance depression.I had gotten into an accident 7 years ago and this is what the doctor told me.I sufferd from a bulging disk in my neck and lower back and it still effects me.You should definetly go to a doctor to make sure eveerything is ok,i would even suggest a catscan.Let us know how it all turns out,and best wishes to you
smile.gif

Thanks all! It was really really quite minor, so I don't think I whacked any bones out of place. I think it is just my muscles disagreeing with the whole situation. I'm going to call for an acupuncture appointment. I suppose I could be in shock or have depression. That would make sense considering how I feel mentally and emotionally.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Thanks all! It was really really quite minor, so I don't think I whacked any bones out of place. I think it is just my muscles disagreeing with the whole situation. I'm going to call for an acupuncture appointment. I suppose I could be in shock or have depression. That would make sense considering how I feel mentally and emotionally. Well dont you forget you have us all here for you,no matter how you feel.
wink.gif
smile.gif

i'm sorry that you were in an accident, but i'm glad that you're ok!!

I agree with the others about going to a doctor or something to make sure everything is ok. You're body is probably stressed too since being in an accident is kind of scary.

get the attorney. i was in an accident 3 and a half years ago went to the hospital took xrays they said everything was ok lalalla we settled. now we find i have a pinched nerve in my neck by my spinal cord and one in my lower back possibly thats causing NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. it had to be from the accident because thats the only thing that could have caused it its not like i play sports or exercise agressivly or anything like that. wait to settle if you sue because you never know what you can develope.

Yes, I agree that it is definitely normal after an accident to feel like you do. Keep a little diary, if you can, in your own words about what happened "the accident" and how you are feeling each day-for future use ie possible litigation. Please see a doctor if you are not feeling better to get a check up. Chiro can help as well. Take care and hope you are feeling better.

Latest posts

Back