Finally!! A foundation I love.. Illuminare!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Reaction score
C-260-1.jpg

I was shopping at Planet Beauty yesterday and found this little gem in a tube: Illuminare Ultimate all day foundation/concealer. I think this might be what Amanda (mod) showed me at one of her photoshoots and it was amazing. The foundation comes in three different finishes: Matte, semi-matte and moist. I can't find anything on the market that is matte enough for me, and when I tried this on my hand at the store, I knew it was what I was looking for.

It's waterproof, theatrical makeup (perfect for modeling, camera, etc.) it does have SPF 21 so it might not work THAT good for the camera, but I am going to experiment with it, but the coverage is so good I want to scream! It's oil-free!! It's only .5 oz of makeup in the tube, but a little goes a very long way. I haven't worn it enough to see if it's going to break me out, so I will update everyone on that. I can't wait to put it on!

Dude...I have this!! It is really great. A DOT covers your whole face and body..lol.

Hi,

Many thanks for the post Krista. It never hurts to have another brand of foundation in my kit. How much is it?

I can never get makeup to be matte enoug either..please post pics and let us know how much it is and if it has caused any skin issues!!

Ok.. update.. not good.

So, after the 3rd day of using it, I've broken out all over my face. Small pimples, not the big painful kind, but those little annoying ones. I must note that anything with sunscreen in it breaks me out, so I am not surprised. I actually didn't think that the product had sunscreen in it until I got home because the display for the product didn't say too much about the ingredients other than the fact that it's mineral foundation.

Bummer. =( I don't have a before picture.. ew..there is no such thing as "before" in my world. heheheh.. but here's a pic of my FOTD from the other day with me wearing it. My skin doesn't look that great there because I am covering up another break out from another product called Cover FX which is supposed to be what Angeline Jolie uses on her tattoos.

I tried it, too and like it.

But my skin can stand liquid make up with SPF, thanks to using Revlon ColorStay for years.

I mix the FFF with a little bit of my moisturizer. Otherwise, it is too opaque and add a hint of mineral finishing powder on top.

Have not tried the UAD foundation but will soon.

I am luvin it.

Back