FINALLY found something that's clearing up my face...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so I've tried just about EVERYTHING to clear up my acne, but it's been relentless for the past eight years. I've tried COUNTLESS numbers of both drugstore and dermatologist-based products, getting "acne" facials weekly, and even a year-long experience with Accutane (which did work, but my acne returned within a year after I stopped using it).

Although I'll admit my skin hasn't been quite as awful over the past couple of years, it's been far from where I'd like it to be. Just ONCE I'd love to be able to go out without make up and not have to worry about how gross my face looks.

So I'd heard a lot about Philosophy's line of skin care, and I finally decided to invest. I purchased their Hope in a Jar moisturizer and Purity cleanser about two months ago, and HOLY COW... my face looks 1000% better. It's still a work in progress, but my skin is SO soft and so much more even... I barely have any blemishes, and when I do get them, it's like they are there one morning and gone the next.

Although it may not work for everyone, I just wanted to let you guys know about my experience, and if you're looking for something new, give Philosophy a try! It's kinda expensive, but completely worth it in my opinion.

I'm so glad you've found something that works for you. I really like the purity cleanser.

congrats on finding something that works! don't you love that feeling of knowing your skin is healthy?? and looks smooth? lol

i hope it continues to work for you. i'm no longer looking too as i've also found my products.

Glad you found your wonder product!
smile.gif

Good for you! I didn't realize Hope In a Jar was for acne prone skin. I thought it was for dry skin! I've heard alot of mixed reviews about it. Seems people either love it or hate it! Glad it's working for you though!!

Originally Posted by Kathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Good for you! I didn't realize Hope In a Jar was for acne prone skin. I thought it was for dry skin! I've heard alot of mixed reviews about it. Seems people either love it or hate it! Glad it's working for you though!! I actually got the jar that's for all skin types. There's one for sensitive skin and one for all types, I think. It's really light, although I only use it at night. It's done an amazing job of evening out my skin tone and just making my skin really supple and soft.

i will definately be trying this out soon. i was also thinking about trying DDF, but i've heard great things about hope in a jar, so im going to give this a try first.

I've been looking at this product line for awhile since I first read this post and hearing about it from a friend that its better than going to the dermatologist's. I am so tempted to buy the makeup optional kit.......

I'm happy with my emu oil and my current Celeteque cleanser, but *sigh* ... but why do I keep on looking at reviews/product page of philosophy lol....

THE FORCE IS STRONG ON THIS ONE!!!!

hope in a jar is tempting me, but I just picked up the microdilevery exfoliating wash, and I still have a little bit of my origins nightamins to get thru. in the am its tm cuz i'm lazy and in a rush

Latest posts

Back