Finding the Perfect Blush Brush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I currently use the *infamous* Mac #187 skunk brush for applying blush. I went to a Nars counter today and was discussing this with the MA and she was APPALLED that I use a flat top brush for applying blush! This apparently

*is totally wrong*!

She told me that you need a fluffy, "dome" shaped brush to apply the blush correctly. What do you all think of this?

P.S. I ended up buying Deep Throat which I love
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I really like MAC's #187 so I am not much help. Whats wrong with using that brush?

Originally Posted by Marisol I really like MAC's #187 so I am not much help. Whats wrong with using that brush? I'm honestly not sure? She said it applies too much blush in one area

May be she was trying to sell her product or she had a bad experience once... Many ladies here like to use that brush.

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel I'm honestly not sure? She said it applies too much blush in one area

that's weird. the 187 is just like a regular large face brush but with white bristles to help buff whatever you use. i like the 187 because of how you buff in the product and gives a nice finish.

if you think about it, any other blush brush is going to deposit the same amount of powder that the 187 would. it just depends on how much you blush you put on the brush.

I thought it was kinda strange as well. Maybe she was just trying to sell me the brush . I still love my 187 brush and dont plan on a replacement anytime soon!

Make-up isn't about rules... if it works for you, then use it! IMO, the 187 is just fine for blush application!

I prefer a dome-shaped brush. It seems to make the blush look more air-brushed. I am not a fan of the MAC #187.

Latest posts

Back