Finding your color season

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can be really difficult, even for someone with any eye for color to tell you specifically what colors are best for you to wear without comparing your natural coloring to individual shades of color. colorenalysis.com is an online tool that sort of helps. Also I have found that different people have different definitions of what autumn,summer,winter and spring colors are- according to some places I've looked I'm autumn and according to another I'm winter. As a cosmetologist when I am choosing makeup for a client I think more in terms of deep shades or pale shades and warm tones or cool tones- sometimes even this can be confusing to I break it down into blues yellows or reds. And the very best way to determine which ones you look best in is to go to a fabric store with a good friend and hold 2 different shades and tones up by your face and have your friend tell you which one looks better. then take the fabric she chose and compare it with another. (yes you will drive the employees nuts with this, if that bothers you, you can buy fabric swatches at the color enalysis website and i'm sure elsewhere) Eventually you will find some colors that fit you well and you can of course get samples of those colored fabrics that  fit you best. Hope that's helpful...

Back