Fine Hair, But Alot Of It.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So i have fine hair that comes to my shoulders, it takes forever to grow!!  In my picture <<<<< I have recently gotten myself extensions as i couldnt wait for long hair.
icon_frown.gif
I have tried mane and tail shampoo, having heard that it helps with hair growth. I have used evening primrose oil's and they seem to help.  Since having extensions, when i take them out my hair seems alott thinner then before i ever had the extensions... i know that this may seem possible because when i have them in my hairs thicker so when there out it seems thinner, but im guessing im curious as to if extensions are really that good for my hair, and what are some good, not toooo expensive products to help my hair become healthier and grow... I find that i have to wash my hair every 2 days and if im going out then everytime i go out so that my hair looks nice... i always blow dry and straighten my hair, i've read that this is bad, but i've also read that it is not so bad... can any one help me out?

Thanks!!   ( :

It depends on what kind of extensions you are using and how gentle you are being with them while in your hair. It sounds like you should just let your hair rest for a while without the extensions, as you will notice less hair loss. But don't freak out if you see a slight loss of hair! This is normal, as your hair sheds everyday..sometimes if you wear a more permanent extension, it will trap the hair that has tried to shed and it will start to collect together. Then when you take the extensions out, you see them all come out.

I would suggest going to your local salon and getting deep conditioning treatments once every 3 weeks. Most salons offer very basic treatments at a very low cost..you just have to ask for them! I also highly recommend Paul Mitchell's Super Strength Shampoo, Conditioner, and Liquid Treatment as every day products. I've noticed a huge difference in my hair!

Message me if you have any other questions!

Back