Finish-it-All Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tracey, I did the same thing with samples. I had bunch of samples for skincare and I started using them. I have been trying Caudalie eye contour cream morning and night. I shop online Sephora all the time and I picked it from one of the samples. I alway send stuff to my sis and mom but I kept this since it was such small tube. Boy, best I have tried so far and I tried many........... I also put a hand lotion in each room in my house so I won't have any excuse to look for it.

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I finished up a couple of my bath gels and a lotion. Also, I ran out of facial moisturizer about a week ago. Instead of buying more, I decided to use/try some of the MANY samples that I have hanging around the house. I've pretty much used up most of them. What's great about this is that I'm really discovering some really great products. I'd usually hang on to samples so that I can send them out with swaps, but I'm glad that I've decided to use them myself. Because of this I'm going to make the switch to Murad skincare when my samples run out. That stuff is very good!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by lilla I also put a hand lotion in each room in my house so I won't have any excuse to look for it. I'm doing the same thing. Got some in my car, a tube in my bag, one on my nightstand, another @ my desk, one on my dresser...you get the idea.
wink.gif

I may have to give up this challenge! I doubt I'll finish anything, really. I usually use things with regularity and have no problem using up skin creams, face creams, eye creams, cleansers (altho I have a big sixteen ounce bottle of dermalogica right now that I've had for about a year now, I think), etc.

But I think I'll make it my goal to try to finish a lip gloss since I haven't ever finished one. I have finished a l/s though- just one!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Also, I'm not going to be able to not buy things! I'll never be able to resist MAC's stuff, esp with the Doubles, Nordies, Temperley, etc coming up.
icon_rolleyes.gif

So I'll just resolve to use a l/g up. Small goal but huge for me!
icon_biggrin.gif

AWESOME Kim! Log down the oz./ML size so I can tally everything @ the end. The top three challengers who've consumed the largest amount in oz./ML size will get a gift from me.
smile.gif
Don't worry about not buying anything, but it's just a challenge to see what you finish & if you can limit the number of purchases you make.
biggrin.gif

This is going well! It actually feels good to use stuff up! I'm totally going through samples too. Love the different tips for using things up faster...keep 'em coming!

Not buying stuff is hard, especially since I just got paid.
icon_cry.gif
Maybe we should form a support group...

Jessica, I feel you. I'm trying really hard not to buy anything, but don't know how long it'll last.
redface.gif

I'm almost done w/a bottle of lotion, a bottle of face wash & a bottle of saline solution. It feels good to free up some space in my bathroom cabinets.
biggrin.gif

omg, where have i *been?* how did i miss this thread? lol. im going to round up my almost used B&B stuff and hopefully find enough staples to stick to them and use them up. im almost done w/ my toothpaste, but that isnt very fun, is it? i dont think i have any cosmetic items that are nearly out.

OK... as of this morning, I finished up:

4.2 oz Shea Butter foot cream

6.0 oz Body By Victoria Body Wash (I'm gonna miss this stuff... it is SO GOOD!!!)

I'm sure there'll be at least 2 more items before the week is out!!
smile.gif

Great job, Tracey!
icon_biggrin.gif

I managed to finish a bunch of stuff too- stuff that was getting kind of old so I used it GENEROUSLY. I left my list lying around somewhere and can't find it! I'll post when I find it.

I am SO out of this challenge coz i keep opening new things without finishing off something first! Sorry guys but best of luck to ye all
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura I am SO out of this challenge coz i keep opening new things without finishing off something first! me, too! i came into this thread to announce i'm officially out
icon_confused.gif

good luck, everyone! i hope you're stronger than laura and me LOL

Kim, doesn't it feel good to purge the unwanteds? OMG, I love tossing out gnarly stuff.
tongue.gif
I'm starting on a new bottle of wash, but am almost done w/a bottle of lotion & am about to start on the next. Can't wait to see how much more I can finish by the end of the month!
biggrin.gif

guess who finished a bottle of conditioner for the first time in a year? lol. even if its the only thing i end up getting to the bottom of, at least this forced me to finish it. i have another bottle of it that i havent even started.

Hey guys! I would've checked in sooner, but I've been having 'puter problems!
icon_evil.gif

So far I've used up 2 hand creams, a body scrub, a conditioner, hair gel, and a facial cleanser. There was this other body scrub I decided to toss, because I couldn't stand the scent. That's what you get for buying from eBay--can't test fragrances. Oh well. Oh, and I've also cleared out my stash of samples.

I'm loving this, but let me tell you, I'm going on such a spree the day this challenge is over! How many of you have stuff picked out to buy already???
icon_lol.gif
Me too...gonna be a major haul! But I will try to keep it within reason: 1 body wash, 1 scrub, 1 lotion, you know! 1 of everything is perfectly reasonable!

i have my gloss GC burning a hole in my pocket, and an old sephora GC to use up still. i havent bought anything but a travel hairspray, a hand cream and some travel toiletry containers.

i finished up my dove face lotion last night, so im feelin good about that.

I finished an eye cream, face cream, body lotion, foot cream, hand cream, eye makeup remover, and a facial serum, and a scrub. I had lots of samples from Neiman Marcus and Barneys Newyork. I am almost finished with them also. Now that my skincare is almost finished, I started to make a list for what I want and I have to get them with in 7-10 days or I won't have anything to use. I don't go a day without caring for my skin so I HAVE to buy a skincare set
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse i have my gloss GC burning a hole in my pocket, and an old sephora GC to use up still. i havent bought anything but a travel hairspray, a hand cream and some travel toiletry containers.
i finished up my dove face lotion last night, so im feelin good about that.

I am almost done with Dove bar soap for shower. The rest is going slowly...

Originally Posted by Naturally Whew ..finished 2 more shower gels (one is hubbies so had to help along with his...that was 16oz I think ..will have to check tonight) and another was one I got from Yves Rocher (8.75 oz)....on to finding more stuff to finish up!

i finished my hair detangler (its the only one i have and i use it every day anyway) and im almost done w/ my hairspray and shine spray, but i doubt ill finish them in the next few days. ive been forcing myself to use up my bar of lush soap before i open a new one, and its pure torture. i usually use a soap for a few days and put it in a baggie because i like to switch around. ive also been using the same facial bar all month. ::::groans::::

I just had to chickle at your post, Halo! I just got my Lush Times in the mail today and was practically drooling over it! I have a big 'ol list in my mind that I am gonna order as soon as the challenge is over!!! Lotion, bath bombs, shampoo, shower gel..... They have a bunch of new products, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (could I use more exclamation points, or what?)

I have used up another conditioner and hand lotion. I also finished up a tube of hair gel, but it's what I use on my 2 sons, so I don't know if it counts. Oh well, it doesn't matter, I already decided I was too lazy to keep track of ounces so I'm not doing this to win. I'm doing it because it's good to be disciplined sometimes, as long as I can go berzerk when it's over.

Impending Shopping Frenzy!!!

Back