firefox sucks!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i loved it, but then it wouldn't let me play realplayer songs
mad.gif

i kept installing it, uninstalling it, etc. and NOTHING! it works fine in IE, though.

does it do the same thing for those of you who have it?

i LOVE it, but unless i can't get to play songs, i'll stick to my IE.

Originally Posted by Jennifer i loved it, but then it wouldn't let me play realplayer songs
mad.gif

i kept installing it, uninstalling it, etc. and NOTHING! it works fine in IE, though.

does it do the same thing for those of you who have it?

i LOVE it, but unless i can't get to play songs, i'll stick to my IE.

I never heard of it??? What's so good about it, ??? Do Tell all the benefits....
wink.gif

it's a browser, like internet explorer and netscape, and i bought it based on what a lot of the girls on here said about it. i heard it doesn't get hijacked like IE, i love the tabs at the top instead of opening new windows, and it's all simple and things like that.

i DO find it loads a lot slower than IE, too. that gets on my nerves...

Originally Posted by Jennifer it's a browser, like internet explorer and netscape, and i bought it based on what a lot of the girls on here said about it. i heard it doesn't get hijacked like IE, i love the tabs at the top instead of opening new windows, and it's all simple and things like that.
i DO find it loads a lot slower than IE, too. that gets on my nerves...

You bought it? isn't it something you can just download without cost? Was it expensive? My IE doesn't get hi-jacked...only thought planes did !!!
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* You bought it? isn't it something you can just download without cost? Was it expensive? My IE doesn't get hi-jacked...only thought planes did !!!
rolleyes.gif
LOL! i was a little curious about the word, too, but i thank anya or marisol used it once to describe firefox LOL!
no, i didn't buy it. you just go to mozilla.com and download it
smile.gif

tony, do you have realplayer?

this is making me so mad!!!

One of my computers has firefox and it's cool cuz you don't get popups so much, but certain sites don't load right on it. So then I have to go to IE. I have so many different browsers on all my computers, but all of them have IE as well. I don't really know if I like Firefox or not.

Oh - I thought you paid for it too Jen - (b/c of your post) I was like "wait a sec... isn't that free!?"
rolleyes.gif
lol My friend had it on her old pc - honestly I didn't like it. It was so slow & I didn't like the layout. Although everyone seems to like it - I didn't like the tabs...
icon_wink.gif
Oh well... my IE seems fine, and I haven't had any probs with it (I use a good pop-up & spam blocker) so I'm not gonna fix what isn't broken! lol
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Oh - I thought you paid for it too Jen - (b/c of your post) I was like "wait a sec... isn't that free!?"
rolleyes.gif
lol My friend had it on her old pc - honestly I didn't like it. It was so slow & I didn't like the layout. Although everyone seems to like it - I didn't like the tabs...
icon_wink.gif
Oh well... my IE seems fine, and I haven't had any probs with it (I use a good pop-up & spam blocker) so I'm not gonna fix what isn't broken! lol
wink.gif
wait, what in my post made it seem like i pay for it? i'm missing something LOL

realplayer isn't playing? *confused* or do you mean windows media player? I hate realplayer, it always crashed my computer. But sometimes you really need it, since everything seems to be programmed for it!
icon_evil.gif
But I found "real alternative", pretty cool lil' player that works for those files made for realplayer. you have to understand that most sites are created/programmed in a way to work wit IE. So firefox is the one trying to create something that will work on these sites, without the bugs/holes IE has. There are a lot of sweet add on's for firefox. I for example love the *user agent switcher* where it let's me fool websites what browser I am using.

I still have my IE though, for microsoft updates for example, or when firefox just isn't working on a website.

Originally Posted by Jennifer and i bought it based on what a lot of the girls on here said about it. i lol :icon_love

tony, we need a smiley like this :icon_love, but with bubbles instead of hearts, and yellow! like a lil' drunk/tipsy smiley!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

LOL! sorry, i meant to say i GOT it LOL!

i see, destiny. thanks for explaining! i deleted it and i'm back on IE. it loads so much faster and i have a really good pop-up blocker (google). i can also listen to my music
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer wait, what in my post made it seem like i pay for it? i'm missing something LOL From this... lol

Originally Posted by Jennifer it's a browser, like internet explorer and netscape, and i bought it based on what a lot of the girls on here said about it.

Originally Posted by Jennifer LOL! sorry, i meant to say i GOT it LOL!
i see, destiny. thanks for explaining! i deleted it and i'm back on IE. it loads so much faster and i have a really good pop-up blocker (google). i can also listen to my music
biggrin.gif

ok ... gotcha!! Just didn't want you paying for something thats free
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) I love my FIrefox! ditto i love my firefox too. I'd rather have firefox than my IE being hijacked constantly and pop up's all over the place

Originally Posted by Anya1976 ditto i love my firefox too. I'd rather have firefox than my IE being hijacked constantly and pop up's all over the place Really? I dont get that,... what happens when it gets hijacked?
icon_wink.gif

I gave up on IE. The pop-ups were killing me. No matter what I tried to use to block them, nothing worked. Firefox works well and Jen, I'm having the problem with music on my AOL. Instead of my media player playing the real player pops up and says it can't play the song(s). grrrrr
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer

LOL! i was a little curious about the word, too, but i thank anya or marisol used it once to describe firefox LOL!
no, i didn't buy it. you just go to mozilla.com and download it
smile.gif

tony, do you have realplayer?

this is making me so mad!!!

No, I don't use realplayer at all, only WMP

I've never once had trouble with IE.. And i dont have a pop-up blocker enabled. I run Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Microsoft Anti-Spyware (ye gotta get this guys, its great!) & a virus scan every week..

Latest posts

Back