First Day of School

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i haven't been this excited for the first day of school since i was in primary (1-3)... today is my FIRST DAY of grad school and it's entirely online but it took a LOT to get to this point soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i'm super friggin excited... so go me!!!

so who packed the kiddies off and shed tears (joy or sadness - doesn't matter) and who had the kids that found today to just be the end of their summer fun???

My year hasn't even finished yet... one more exam to go,and then friday the 16th I'll know whether I passed or not,I'm so nervous
icon_sad.gif

I miss the days when school was much easier and I always had a long summer holiday
smile.gif

(stupid) question:what exactly is grad school?
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Eva121 My year hasn't even finished yet... one more exam to go,and then friday the 16th I'll know whether I passed or not,I'm so nervous
icon_sad.gif
I miss the days when school was much easier and I always had a long summer holiday
smile.gif

(stupid) question:what exactly is grad school?
icon_redface.gif

:icon_love that's not a stupid question... grad school is graduate school which is just basically what comes after the baccalaureate (sp) degree... so it's college (typically the 4 year degree) then grad school (Masters or Doctorate)...

thx for explaining
smile.gif

it's just confusing because your educational system is very different from ours (I think)

Yep, we sent our Cameron off to his first day of Kindergarten. He will attend 2 years of Kindergarten due to him only being 4. The school apparently thought he was ready for Kindergarten already, but cannot go to a public school's Kindergarten due to only being 4. You have to be five I guess.

Anyhow, it was fun talking all about it and getting ready this morning.
smile.gif

Well my first day of class was two weeks ago ... and it is my last first day of class, this is *finally* my last semester! woohoo!
biggrin.gif

QurlySq what are you studying in grad school that you can do it all online? That would be so convenient -- I get rather tired of having to do a lot of class projects in the computer labs! (I don't always have the software, operating system, or network capabilities to do my projects at home!)

Tony, what is Cameron going to do for his second year of kindergarten? Do you think he'll get bored the second year if he learns everything this year?

GG, we have no choice doing it this way. State mandated with the age thingy. He is in a private school this year, but next year it will be public.

Originally Posted by girl_geek Well my first day of class was two weeks ago ... and it is my last first day of class, this is *finally* my last semester! woohoo!
biggrin.gif

QurlySq what are you studying in grad school that you can do it all online? That would be so convenient -- I get rather tired of having to do a lot of class projects in the computer labs! (I don't always have the software, operating system, or network capabilities to do my projects at home!)

Tony, what is Cameron going to do for his second year of kindergarten? Do you think he'll get bored the second year if he learns everything this year?

ironically enough, it's a masters in distance education... so it's an education degree (which is great because it doesn't require extensive software) and an online forum is great for exchanging ideas and bringing together a lot of completely diverse people (as witnessed by all of our participation on this forum)...

yay! it's good to see people excited about school
biggrin.gif

have fun and good luck for this coming school year!

Oh i used to dread going back to school after the summer hols! But i just wanna say good luck to all of you that will be doing exams this year
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by QurlySq i haven't been this excited for the first day of school since i was in primary (1-3)... today is my FIRST DAY of grad school and it's entirely online but it took a LOT to get to this point soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i'm super friggin excited... so go me!!!
so who packed the kiddies off and shed tears (joy or sadness - doesn't matter) and who had the kids that found today to just be the end of their summer fun???

Hey Nikki T.,
I'm so excited for you. I would love to go back to school, and study to become an M.F.T. (Marriage and Family Therapist). Perhaps soon, my kids are getting a little older.

My son started 1st grade last week already (it was still August!) and loves it. And next week, my little girl will be starting preschool (my little baby's all grown up
icon_sad.gif
). Just kidding..I'm excited for her, and she can't wait.

By the way, what are you studying, Nikki T. ?

yay, nikki! you should be really proud of yourself
smile.gif

eva, over there, do you say high school differently? we say 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade and when i was in croatia, they called it 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. good luck! hope you passed
smile.gif

tony, awwwwwwwww. cammy's a little kindergarden boy now :icon_love

awww, nicole, both of your kids are in school now :icon_love

today was my first day of college and it wasn't bad. i just hate how i'm far from home (can't go home in between classes), but that's about all i hate.

Originally Posted by Jennifer today was my first day of college and it wasn't bad. i just hate how i'm far from home (can't go home in between classes), but that's about all i hate. What's your school load like?

Originally Posted by Jennifer eva, over there, do you say high school differently? we say 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade and when i was in croatia, they called it 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. good luck! hope you passed
smile.gif
what you call high school is what we call "middelbaar" (secondary school in England I think) which is from year 1 to year 6 (12-18 yrs old). Then afterwards you can go to university (academic) or "hogeschool" (a professional,practical education) which is "high school" if you translate it literally, see how confusing it can get?
wink.gif
I'm in my second year of "hogeschool",so if I pass my exams I'll be in my final year, which starts on the last Monday of September,so not much of a holiday left then
icon_sad.gif

what a long explanation, I hope it makes some sense
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Nicolet By the way, what are you studying, Nikki T. ?

distance education... i figure i'll finish in maybe two years and then i can unleash a stellar online learning program (or join one that is already stellar and make it even better)...

marisol, not too bad actually. it IS the beginning, though.

eva, it was confusing, but i went back and read it over and now i get it! thanks for explaining!

Hey everyone I have been back in school for 4 weeks tomorrow! I am a teacher at a GT school. Good luck Nikki. I finished grad school 2 yrs ago in elementary math curriculum. Tony, you should get your son tested he could be gifted. If he will be in kinder for a 2nd year don't want him to get too bored.

I think Kim meant no tears since her child will stay at home. I don't have children, but I think it would be neat to go to people's home as a private tutor or home school teacher or have them come to me.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Nah, he's just 4 going on 11.
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back